The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) General Duty (GD) examination comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs. The recruitment will be conducted annually and lots of candidates were trying to pursue a career in SSC. The interested candidates can visit the official exam portal for more details regarding the examination. In this article, we discuss on SSC GD Constable Job Profile – Career Growth, Promotion.
SSC GD Constable Job Profile 2021
Generally, we can say General Deputy Constable is assigned with the duty of internal security of the State or country. Staff Selection Commission General Deputy (SSC GD) examination is conducted for various posts like:
- Constable GD in Border Security Force
- Constable GD in Secretariat Security Force
- Constable GD in Central Industrial Security Force
- Constable GD in National Investigation Agency
- Constable GD in Indo Tibetan Border Police Force
- Constable GD in Sashastra Seema Bal
- Constable GD in Central Reserve Police Force
- Rifleman GD in Assam Rifles
Duties of General Deputy Constable
- SSC GD Constable is an excellent posts which plays the responsibility of strengthening our internal security in general. The major responsibilities are internal security, border management, Centre – State relation, administration of Union Territories.
- The GD Constable will be appointed as the in-charge of guard or escort at the time of deputation.
- He/she will be liable to obey the duties handed over by the Station House Officer (SHO)to him. GD Constables come directly under the supervision of SHO. Therefore, any other task or duties assigned by the SHO will have to be performed by the GD Constables.
- GD Constables are responsible for the overall activities in absence of Assistant Sub-Inspector and Sub-inspectors.
- He/she has authority to inquire and investigate any case, if Sub-Inspector asks him/her to do so.
- Duties of a Station Writer in rural and urban areas might also be a part of GD Constable’s role.
- Along with that, if you are promoted to Head Constable position, then you will be mainly employed to be in charge of police stations.
Career Growth and Promotion
When an SSC GD Constable is promoted as a Senior Head Constable and may have to take charge of a police station. The SSC GD salary also increases with the promotion in posts. The career growth will be same as the following:
- Senior Constable
- Head Constable
- Assistant Sub Inspector
- Sub Inspector
Border Security Force (BSF)
They are armed persons, mainly employed for the internal securities and; to perform other law and order duties. The nature of job of BSF personnel are the following:
- Indo-Pakistan and Indo-Bangladesh Border.
- Anti-infiltration duties.
- Gather trans-border intelligence.
- To prevent unauthorized entry and exit from the territory of India.
- Prevent smuggling and other illegal activities across the Border.
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- They provide security to various PSU’s and other government infrastructure projects and industrial units.
- They are also in charge of security at all commercial airports in India.
- Delhi Metro (DMRC) security also is handled by the CISF militants.
- Special Security Group (SSG) provides securities to the persons nominated by the Home Ministry.
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- They are being the largest paramilitary organisation of the country, it is ultimately looking after the internal security of India and also operating in foreign nations as a part of Indian Peace.
- Nature of the job varies from VIP security to election duties, and handling of counter-naxal operations.
Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
Their jobs includes monitoring and preventing cross-border crimes, smuggling and other illegal activities; and protecting the Indo – Nepal and Indo – Bhutan borders also.
Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Protects the border area between India & China region.
- Monitoring the northern area borders, detection and prevention of border violations.
- Checking out the illegal immigration and trans-border smuggling.
- To restore and preserve peace and order in any area of disturbance.
Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles
Assam Rifles is an organization which has 46 battalions. It is designated by the Group of Ministers (GoM) committee as the Border Guarding Force for the Indo – Myanmar border and is also its lead intelligence agency. It is under the control of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). They offers services such as communications, medical assistance and education in remote areas. Along with this in times of war or emergency they can also be used as a combat force to secure rear areas if needed.
SSC GD Scale of Pay
The SSC GD salary structure varies for different posts in SSC GD. The Pay Scale of SSC GD Constable after 7th Pay Commission is Rs. 21700- 69100/-:
Name of the post
Rs. 21700- 69100/- (PB – 1)
Other than the above-mentioned salary, various benefits and allowances are also included for GD Constable. They are:
- Medical Facilities
- Pension schemes
- Annual paid leaves
- Security allowances
- Field allowances
Attempt free mock tests on Entri app of SSC exams. Read more articles like English Vocabulary, General Awareness, etc, on Entri.