Staff Selection Commission of India has finally released the official notification for SSC GD (Constables) 2018-19 on 21st July 2018. The total number of vacancies are 58373, which are to be filled through SSC GD 2018-19 Exam. Candidates are requested to visit the page regularly in order to remain updated about the upcoming SSC GD 2018 Exam Details. In this blog we will discuss about SSC GD Constable Preparation Tips.
The Cut-Off for SSC GD 2018-19 Result has been released on 17th December-2019.As per the option exercised by the candidates in the Online Application Form, candidates belonging to SC, ST and OBC category, on migration from one State/ UT to another State/ UT have been considered in their respective reserved category if they have chosen to take benefit of reservation from the State/ UT of origin. Other-wise they have been considered as UR candidates from the State/ UT of their domicile as per the provisions of the Notice of Examination. The candidates shortlisted against the All India vacancies have also been considered against the vacancies of General/ Border/ Naxal District Areas depending on the domicile State/ District information provided by the candidates in the online Application Form and verification of the same during Document Verification. Similar procedure have also been adopted for the candidates shortlisted against the vacancies of General/ Border District/Naxal affected District Areas. All candidates can check Cut-Off by going through the tables provided. Official LInk for checking the cut off is also given.
SSC GD Constable Preparation Tips: Important Dates
Finally, SSC has released SSC GD 2018-19 Exam Dates. SSC GD 2018-19 exam is scheduled from 11th February 2019 to 11th March 2019. Let’s have a look at the exam dates for SSC GD 2018-19 Exam:
|Events||Date to be conducted|
|Notification Date||21st July 2018|
|Starting Date of Application Form||17th August 2018|
|Last Date to fill Application Form||30th September 2018|
|Admit Card Declaration||January 2019|
|Online Exam Date||11th February to 11th March 2019|
|Result Declaration||21st June 2019|
|SSC GD Physical Date||August-September|
SSC GD Constable Preparation Tips: Exam Pattern
The candidates must have prior knowledge of both the SSC GD Exam pattern and the SSC GD Syllabus to crack the exam with flying colours. Candidates must go through them both with a fine-tooth comb to have a better understanding of the SSC GD Exam.
The exam pattern of SSC GD Exam comprises of four stages:
- Compute-Based Examination (CBE)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
SSC GD Constable Preparation Tips: Tips for Preparation
While studying for any examination, the first thing that comes to our mind is, where should we start. I have noted down the few points which can help you develop a method of smart study and hence make your preparation more efficient. The points are as follows;
1.Preparation should start early with a Study Plan in hand
To clear all the three phases of the exam you need to start preparing as early as possible. It will help you to cover each subject and topic thoroughly and also save some time remaining for revision. To crack all the phases of SSC GD Constable, 2019 Exam students must start the preparation with a Concrete Study Plan.
A good study plan should involve a proper strategy and a time table for all the sections of the exam. Time table will help you to schedule and keep track of all the topics which you have already covered and which are left. The objective of the study plan is to facilitate time management skills which will be beneficial for you in future. Try not to jam-pack your time table with various activities, make sure you take the appropriate amount of break. Remember that working smarter is more beneficial than working harder. So, devote your time in practicing important topics first.
2.Develop a Daily Reading Habit
Developing a daily reading habit can help you in doing efficient preparation of SSC GD Constable Exam. Try to read daily and develop a sound understanding of General Knowledge and Current Affairs topics. Read Magazines, Newspapers, Year Books and other relevant content to keep your General Awareness up to date. Always keep check on worldwide and national news of democratic importance. If are you are attempting the English Language Section in the Exam, you can chalk out the main points of feature stories, opinion pieces in editorials, business magazines, etc., which can help you build your reading and comprehension skills quite faster. As one gets accustomed with reading all of the above material, it is also important to practice reading passages or literature on a computer screen, as most of the exam these days are computer-based online examination.
SSC GD Constable Preparation Tips: Syllabus
To start with please check the syllabus table below which can help you schedule a daily plan;
General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability
- It is the most important topic in the exam and candidate can score good marks if he/she focuses well on this section.
- This section is less time consuming compared to Aptitude and thus can save much of your time in the exam.
- Try to solve it first so that you have ample time for other sections.
- But even though it is less time consuming, it requires a lot of practice. So don’t ignore this section while practicing at any cost
- Key topics to focus on:
- Coding & Decoding
- Blood Relations
- Similarities and Differences
- Number Series/ Arithmetic Reasoning
- If you are someone who is very good at Maths, then it won’t be a problem for you. But for someone who is not that good might require a lot of practise.
- As this is a time-consuming section, you must make sure not to waste much time on the questions you can’t solve.
- Read the question very carefully. Do not rush into solving the question before understanding the question first.
- Key topics to focus on:
- Number System
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Profit & Loss
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time and Work
General Knowledge/General Awareness
- For Current Affairs topics, read newspapers daily. You must read any newspaper daily for at least one hour.
- For General Knowledge, refer to school books, magazines and journals
- Key Topics to focus on:
- General Polity
- Indian Constitution
- This is language test so focus more on the topics which are constantly asked in the SSC GD Constable exam.
- You need to have a thorough knowledge of the basics of grammar and vocabulary in both Hindi and English language.
- Try to learn more and more words each day. Also, read books, short passages and stories on a daily basis to improve in the language test.
- Key Topics to focus on (English) :
- Spotting the error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Cloze Test
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Improvement
- Spelling Correction
- Key Topics to focus on (Hindi) :
- वर्तनी की सामान्य अशुद्धियाँ तथा शब्दों के शब्द रूप
- शब्दों के स्त्रीलिंग, बहुवचन
- मुहावरा व उनका अर्थ
- विलोमार्थी शब्द, समानार्थी व पर्यायवाची शब्द
- अनेक शब्दों के लिए एक शब्द
- कहावतें व लोकोक्तियां के अर्थ
- रचना एवं रचयिता इत्यादि
Why Practice from Entri
- Always provides you up to date materials that are created by Entri’s Top Experts.
- Mock tests available in bilingual and other regional languages
- Download Entri to access the unlimited mock test.
Navigating through Entri
- Open your Entri App go to the SSC Tab and check the mock tests.
- You can check courses and Mock test for other examinations as well
- Subscribe to our Mock Test and clear your examination with flying colors.
Ace your preparation. That is where Entri comes in. It helps you to prepare effectively for your Exam.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope you have benefited from our mock tests and study materials.Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.