Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission comes up with a lot of different recruitment opportunities for the different departments available in the organisation. Recently the notification was published regarding the TNPSC Group 1 vacancies and now the candidates are successfully applying for the jobs. Given below are the important details regarding the TNPSC Group 1 Post List 2022 with Career Growth. You can read about the list of vacancies available in TNPSC Group 1 by checking out the details given below. We will share with all of you the details of the TNPSC Group 1 post list and also the answer to the question of what are the post in TNPSC Group 1?
TNPSC Group 1 Post List 2022
There are a total of 69 vacancies available in the TNPSC Group 1 Department. You can apply for the post of Deputy Collector or Deputy Superintendent of Police or Assistant Commissioner according to your prescribed educational qualification. The latest notification regarding the Group 1 vacancies was available at the official website of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. The candidates are eligible for the vacancy if they successfully qualify with all of the educational qualifications presented by the organisation in the official notification. You can fill up the application form available at the official website of TNPSC to get a chance in this recruitment.
|Sl. No.||Name of the Post and Post Code||Name of the Service and Code No. (001)||No. of Vacancies|
(Post Code: 1001)
|Tamil Nadu Civil Service||18|
|2.||Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I)
(Post Code: 1002)
|Tamil Nadu Police Service||19|
|3.||Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Taxes) (Post Code: 1003)||Tamil Nadu Commercial Taxes Service||10|
|4.||Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies
(Post Code: 1004)
|Tamil Nadu Co-operative Service||14|
|5.||Assistant Director of Rural Development
(Post Code: 1006)
|Tamil Nadu Panchayat Development Service||Revised as 04
|6.||District Officer (Fire and Rescue Services)
(Post Code: 1008)
|Tamil Nadu Fire and Rescue Services||1|
TNPSC Group 1 Selection Process 2022
The TNPSC has decided to select the potential candidates based on the prelims, mains, and interviews. The recruitment will be a three stages process. The first and foremost step is to pass the prelims with a higher score. The candidates are supposed to prepare well for this highly competitive exam. As the government job is offering higher possibilities and lifelong security, the number of candidates applying for the post is increasing annually. The competition level is also tough. The candidates should prepare well for the exam. The final decision to select the candidates inside the group 1 vacancies will be available only by the concerned authorities of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. The candidates can not release any objection in relation to the selection made by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. The selection is done on the basis of many different factors related to the performance of the candidates.
TNPSC Group 1 Prelims Exam Selection Procedure 2022
The prelims will be conducted for a total of 300 marks. Out of 300 marks, 200 questions will be objective type. The prelims exam is considered only as a qualifying exam. The marks obtained by the candidates can help them to move on to the next stage of the selection process. The prelims exam can qualify the candidates to attend the main exam. After the exam, the answer key will be issued. The candidates can cross-check the answers. The rank list will be published soon. The candidates who are appearing on the prelims rank list can only apply for the mains exam.
Prelims Exam Pattern
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCS, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs||Others|
|General Studies General Studies (Degree Standard) 175 Questions Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard) 25 Questions Total – 200 Questions||3 Hours||300||90||120|
TNPSC Group 1 Mains Exam Selection Procedure 2022
Stage 2 will be the main exam. The TNPSC group 1 mains is scheduled to be conducted in July 2021. Those candidates who wish for the governmental job should start the proration at the earliest. The candidates need to crack the three papers. Each paper carries 250 marks. As the competition is tight, the candidates should pay extra effort to crack the exam.
Mains Exam Pattern
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum qualifying marks for selection|
|SCs, SC(A)s,STs, MBCs/ DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs||Others|
|General Studies –Descriptive type (Degree Standard) Paper-I Paper-II Paper-III Interview & Records||3 hours each||250 250 250 for each paper and Interview: 100||255||350|
TNPSC Group 1 Interview Selection 2022
Stage 3 will be an interview. The interview will be conducted by the official body of TNPSC. Those candidates who are selected after the mains can only attend the interview. The interview will test not only the knowledge but also the passion and willpower of the candidates. The final merit list will be prepared after the interview to let the candidates know the results. The selected candidates will be immediately appointed in group 1 posts. The marks of the mains and interviews will be added together to publish the results. The Group 1 selection posts like Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Taxes), Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies, District Officer (Fire and Rescue Services) and Assistant Director of Rural Development. The Prelims exam is for the screening of candidates. The marks scored by the candidates will be arranged in order, and those who scored above the cut-off will be selected for the next round- Mains Exam. The minimum marks to be scored by the General category is 120 and that of SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCS, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs is 90 marks. The number of applicants to be included in the Main Written Examination will be 50 times the number of applicants to be recruited. The shortlisted candidates based on the Prelims marks can attend the Descriptive Mains exam with three papers and after that the Oral test/ Interview. The Interview is held as an oral test, along with the Mains test. The Interview consists of 100 marks. Also, the Records verification will also be held along with the Interview.
TNPSC Group 1 Post Wise Exam Details 2022
To fill up the application form for the TNPSC Group 1 post you have to follow the specific educational qualifications. It is important for the candidates to apply for the recruitment opportunity after checking out the detailed educational qualification that they must fulfil. The candidates who are applying for the TNPSC Group 1 post must also qualify accordingly through the physical qualifications described by the authorities of TNPSC. Given below is the list of physical qualifications that the candidates must have if they are willing to fill up the application form for the TNPSC Group 1 vacancies. Age criteria must also be taken care of by the applicants who are filling up the application form for the vacancies in the Group 1 department of TNPSC.
TNPSC Group 1 Exam Strategies 2022
The last notification had only 66 vacancies notified against the 6 posts in various departments. So, the correct preparation plans for the TNPSC Group 1 only help to get into the final merit list. For this highly competitive preliminary examination, it is important to prepare smartly. How to start your studies? Usually, this is the question, that is in the mind of all aspirants. The first thought should be to understand the Exam – the frequency of the exam, a pattern followed selection procedures, exam patterns. Then, the candidate should make own planning and the preparation should end till the last phase of selection! After these basics, make study plans and follow these points described below.
- Completely understand the exam pattern for both Prelims and Mains. The mark distribution is very important to be kept in mind, plan your topics on the basis of marks! The portions with more marks should never be omitted!
- Now, make the appropriate study plans. It needs nearly 6 months to smoothly cover the Prelims topics for a beginner. And, nearly 3-4 mths for the Mains exam. The pattern of exam, as given above, an objective for Prelims and Descriptive for the Mains. So, it should be really focused to improve your writing skills too!!
- Next, phase after proper study plan setting comes the Study material selection. Always start from scratch. Don’t leave the textbooks you used in your school times. When it comes to the Combined Civil Services – state-wise/ UPSC – NCERT / SCERT books will be a basic companion for all aspirants. Collect the e-books or textbooks from classes 6-12 for all the subjects. Start preparations.
- Then, prepare short notes on the topics and this will be a revision tool too. Memorize the facts daily or in a fixed interval. Note the year, important static gk take-aways, personalities, awards, etc, in your short notes.
- Other, subject-wise best books list has been updated on our page. There are hundreds of publications available in the markets and browsing through them to find the right one is always a hurdle. For the preliminary examination, the best way to keep you ahead of the race is only possible by following the state government textbooks. The best resource for the applicants is the school textbooks. One should follow them as their sole bible for the basic science, geography, polity, and history topics.
- Subscribe to Entri for all the topics to be covered in Regional Languages, short tricks videos, samcheer lessons notes, daily challenges, rank booster questions including each subject.
- For the current affairs section, one has to follow any standard newspaper( like The Hindu) and try to give importance to the matters related to Tamil Nadu. Candidates can also refer to Entri App for the current affairs section to prepare for TNPSC Group 1.
- Assess your preparations, daily, weekly, monthly by practising mock tests. Avail of the full-length mock test series and also the sectional tests. Ranking will be available in the online platform of Entri, so candidates can get an idea of their performance. Improve by making necessary steps in the preparation strategy and plans.
- The previous question paper will be a good source for understanding the exam pattern followed by the commission in the past years. We recommend you to practice a previous paper right before, making a preparation plan, So that candidates will get an idea regarding the topics he/she is knowledgeable/ unconcerned about!
You have to start preparing for the TNPSC Group 1 recruitment opportunity examination in order to successfully grab this vacancy and successfully serve the prestigious organisation of TNPSC. The candidates applying for the TNPSC Group 1 vacancies must have proper knowledge regarding the examination pattern, examination syllabus and the important interview questions for the selection procedure in this opportunity. Entri helps Government job aspirants by successfully providing them with a platform through which they can prepare for their latest Government competitive examination without any problem.