Tamil Nadu Public Service is on a mission to ensure a free, fair, and transparent recruitment process for the state civil services, by leveraging information technology solutions. The TNPSC has revised its syllabus for the Combined Civil Exams Groups I-VII. Candidates can practice the question papers for understanding the question patterns and difficulty level. Download the free PDF for TNPSC Previous Year Question Papers.
TNPSC Revised Syllabus
- Scientific Knowledge and Scientific temper – Power of Reasoning – Rote Learning Vs Conceptual Learning – Science as a tool to understand the past, present, and future.
- Nature of Universe – General Scientific Laws – Mechanics – Properties of Matter, Force, Motion and Energy – Everyday application of the basic principles of Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Light, Sound, Heat, Nuclear Physics, Laser, Electronics and Communications.
- Elements and Compounds, Acids, Bases, Salts, Petroleum Products, Fertilizers, Pesticides. (iv) Main concepts of Life Science, Classification of Living Organisms, Evolution, Genetics, Physiology, Nutrition, Health and Hygiene, Human diseases.
- Environment and Ecology.
- History – Latest diary of events – National symbols – Profile of States – Eminent personalities and places in the news – Sports – Books and authors.
- Polity – Political parties and political system in India – Public awareness and General administration – Welfare oriented Government schemes and their utility, Problems in Public Delivery Systems.
- Geography – Geographical landmarks. (iv) Economics – Current socio – economic issues.
- Science – Latest inventions in Science and Technology.
Geography of India
- Location – Physical features – Monsoon, rainfall, weather, and climate – Water resources – Rivers in India – Soil, minerals, and natural resources – Forest and wildlife – Agricultural pattern.
- Transport – Communication.
- Social geography – Population density and distribution – Racial, linguistic groups, and major tribes.
- Natural calamity – Disaster Management – Environmental pollution: Reasons and preventive measures – Climate change – Green energy.
History and Culture of India
- Indus valley civilization – Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals, and Marathas – Age of Vijayanagaram and Bahmani Kingdoms – South Indian history.
- Change and Continuity in the Socio-Cultural History of India.
- Characteristics of Indian culture, Unity in diversity – Race, language, custom.
- India as a Secular State, Social Harmony.
Aptitude and Mental Ability
- Simplification – Percentage – Highest Common Factor (HCF) – Lowest Common Multiple (LCM).
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Simple interest – Compound interest – Area – Volume – Time and Work.
- Logical Reasoning – Puzzles-Dice – Visual Reasoning – Alpha-numeric Reasoning – Number Series.
- Constitution of India – Preamble to the Constitution – Salient features of the Constitution – Union, State, and Union Territory.
- Citizenship, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy. (iii) Union Executive, Union legislature – State Executive, State Legislature – Local governments, Panchayat Raj.
- Spirit of Federalism: center-state Relationships.
- Election – Judiciary in India – Rule of law.
- Corruption in public life – Anti-corruption measures – Lokpal and Lokayukta – Right to Information – Empowerment of women – Consumer protection forums, Human rights charter.
- Nature of Indian economy – Five-year plan models – an assessment – Planning Commission and Niti Ayog.
- Sources of revenue – Reserve Bank of India – Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy – Finance Commission – Resource sharing between Union and State Governments – Goods and Services Tax.
- Structure of Indian Economy and Employment Generation, Land reforms and Agriculture – Application of Science and Technology in agriculture – Industrial growth – Rural welfare oriented programs – Social problems – Population, education, health, employment, poverty.
And topics pertaining to Indian National Movement, History, Culture, Heritage, and Socio-Political Movements in Tamil Nadu, Development Administration in Tamil Nadu.
TNPSC Previous Year Question Paper
Download the free PDF of various examinations conducted by the Tamil Nadu PSC. The previous question paper will help the candidates to understand the exam pattern, difficulty level, topics to be stressed while preparing, mark distribution, etc. So, go through the different TNPSC previous year question papers.
Assistant Section Officer [Translation] in the Tamil Development and Information Department- General Studies.
Archaeological Officer in Archaeology Department in the Tamil Nadu General Subordinate Service
- Tamil Language and Literature
- General Studies
- Ancient History, and Archaeology/Archaeology
- Indian History.
Group – I Exams
- Preliminary General Studies
- Mains General Studies- Paper-1, 2011.
- Mains General Studies- Paper– 2, 2011.
- Combined Sub-ordinate Service Examination – I-General Knowledge with General Tamil
- Combined Sub-ordinate Service Examination- I-General Knowledge with General English
- Village Administrative Officer (VAO)-General Knowledge with General English
- Village Administrative Officer (VAO)-General Knowledge with General Tamil
- Group-I (B) Assistant Commissioner in HR&CE-General Knowledge with General Tamil
- Group-I (B) Assistant Commissioner in HR&CE-General Knowledge with General English
How to Download Previous Year Question Papers?
- Visit the official website of TNPSC @tnpsc.gov.in.
- Click on the Recruitment tab.
- In that select Question papers, you can get both previous question papers and descriptive papers.
Entri will provide you the complete subject-wise classes covering all the topics related to TNPSC 2020-21 exams. Attempt the Daily and monthly current affairs, GK updates, Daily rank-booster, and current affairs quiz sections. Also, you can practice mock tests both section-wise and full-length based on the specific exam.