Telangana State PSC (TSPSC) invited applications from eligible engineering graduates towards the TSPSC Manager positions. These newly advertised positions are for the Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board Engineering Services. Interested candidates can now apply to the TSPSC Manager (Engineering) positions till May 15, 2020. Candidates can apply for this post through the TSPSC official website.
Attempt free mock tests to ace your PSC preparations
TSPSC Manager (Engineering) Exam Pattern 2020
|Topic/ Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|Paper-I: General Studies and General Abilities||150||150||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Paper-II: Civil Engineering (Degree Level)
Mechanical Engineering (Degree Level)
Electrical Engineering (Degree Level)
Electronics and Communication Engineering (Degree Level)
Computer Science and Information Technology (Degree Level)
|150||300||2 hours 30 minutes|
Attempt free mock test to ace your TSPSC Manager 2020 preparation
TSPSC Manager Syllabus
TSPSC Manager selection process has two stages of screening, preliminary stage is written examination followed by the personal interview. The written examination has two parts, General Studies and General Ability Paper (common for all), and Paper-II on the concerned engineering discipline.
TSPSC Manager Paper-I: General Studies and General Ability
- Current affairs – Regional, National and International.
- International Relations and Events.
- General Science; India’s Achievements in Science and Technology.
- Environmental issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies.
- Economic and Social Development of India and Telangana.
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India.
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography and Demography of Telangana.
- Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Modern India with special emphasis on Indian National Movement.
- Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Telangana with special emphasis on Telangana Statehood Movement and formation of Telangana state.
- Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy.
- Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc. and inclusive policies.
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
- Policies of Telangana State.
- Logical Reasoning; Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation.
- Basic English. (10th class Standard)
Attempt free English Sectional Mock Test preparation
Paper-II Concerned Engineering Discipline
TSPSC Manager: Civil Engineering (DEGREE LEVEL)
- Building Materials and Construction
- Strength of Materials and Theory of Structures
- RCC and Steel Structures
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics
- Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
- Estimation, Costing and Construction Management
Attempt free Current Affairs Mock Tests
TSPSC Manager: Mechanical Engineering (Degree Level)
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mechanics of Materials
- Theory of Machines
- Machine Design
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Thermo Dynamics
- Power Engineering
- I.C. Engines
- Refrigeration and air-conditioning
- Engineering Materials
- Casting, Forming and Joining Processes
- Machining and Machine Tool Operation
- Metrology and Inspection
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing: Basic concepts of CAD/ CAM and their integration tools.
- Production Planning and Control: Forecasting models, aggregate production planning, scheduling, materials requirement planning.
- Inventory Control: Deterministic models; safety stock inventory control systems.
- Operations Research: Linear programming, simplex method transportation, assignment, network flow models, simple queuing models, PERT and CPM.
Attempt free Engineering Sectional Mock Tests
TSPSC Manager: Electrical Engineering (Degree Level)
- Electric Circuits and Fields
- Electrical Machines
- Power Systems
- Control Systems
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Power Electronics
- Electric Drives
- Electric traction and track electrification
Attempt free mock test to ace your TSPSC FSO 2020 preparation
Electronics and Communication Engineering (Degree Level)
- Network Graphs
- Network Theorems
- The solution of network equations using Laplace transform
- Electronic Devices
- Device technology: integrated circuits fabrication process, oxidation, diffusion, ion implantation, photolithography, n-tub, p-tub and twin-tub CMOS process.
- Analog Circuits: Small Signal Equivalent circuits of diodes, BJTs, MOSFETs and Analog CMOS. Simple diode circuits, clipping, clamping, rectifier. Biasing and bias stability of transistor and FET amplifiers.
- Digital Circuits: Boolean algebra, minimization of Boolean functions; logic gates; digital IC families (DTL, TTL, ECL, MOS, CMOS).
- Combinatorial circuits: arithmetic circuits, code converters, multiplexers, decoders, PROMs and PLAs.
- Sequential circuits: latches and flip-flops, counters and shift-registers. Sample and hold circuits, ADCs, DACs. Semiconductor memories.
- The microprocessor (8085): architecture, programming, memory and I/O interfacing.
- Signals and Systems: Definitions and properties of Laplace transform continuous-time and discrete-time Fourier series, continuous-time and discrete-time Fourier Transform, and FFT, z-transform. Sampling theorem.
- Linear Time-Invariant (LTI) Systems: definitions and properties; causality, stability, impulse response, convolution, poles and zeros, parallel and cascade structure, frequency response, group delay, phase delay. Signal transmission through LTI systems.
- Control Systems: Basic control system components; block diagrammatic description, reduction of block diagrams. Open-loop and closed-loop (feedback) systems and stability analysis of these systems.
- Signal flow graphs and their use in determining transfer functions of systems; transient and steady-state analysis of LTI control systems and frequency response.
- Tools and techniques for LTI control system analysis: root loci, Routh-Hurwitz criterion, Bode and Nyquist plots.
- Control system compensators: elements of lead and lag compensation, elements of Proportional-Integral-Derivative (PID) control. State variable representation and solution of the state equation of LTI control systems.
- Communications: Random signals and noise: probability, random variables, probability density function, autocorrelation, power spectral density.
- Analog communication systems: amplitude and angle modulation and demodulation systems, spectral analysis of these operations, superheterodyne receivers.
- Elements of hardware, realizations of analogue communication systems; signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) calculations for amplitude modulation (AM) and frequency modulation (FM) for low noise conditions. Fundamentals of information theory and channel capacity theorem.
- Digital communication systems: pulse code modulation (PCM), differential pulse code modulation (DPCM),
- Digital modulation schemes: amplitude, phase and frequency shift keying schemes (ASK, PSK, FSK), matched filter receivers; bandwidth consideration and the probability of error calculations for these schemes. Basics of TDMA, FDMA and CDMA and GSM.
- Electromagnetics: Elements of vector calculus: divergence and curl; Gauss’ and Stokes’ theorems,
- Maxwell’s equations: differential and integral forms. Wave equation, Poynting vector.
- Plane waves: propagation through various media; reflection and refraction; phase and group velocity; skin depth.
- Transmission lines: characteristic impedance; impedance transformation; Smith chart; impedance matching; S parameters, pulse excitation.
- Waveguides: modes in rectangular waveguides; boundary conditions; cut-off frequencies; dispersion relations. Basics of propagation in dielectric waveguide and optical fibres.
- Basics of Antennas: Dipole antennas; radiation pattern; antenna gain.
Attempt Previous Year TSPSC Question Papers
Computer Science and Information Technology Engineering (Degree Level)
Computer Science and Information Technology Section: I
- Combinatorics: Permutations; Combinations; Counting; Summation; Generating functions; Recurrence relations.
- Mathematical Logic: Propositional Logic; First-Order Logic.
- Graph Theory: Connectivity; spanning trees; Cut vertices & edges; covering; matching; independent sets; Colouring; Planarity; Isomorphism.
- Digital Logic: Logic functions, Minimization, Design and synthesis of combinational and sequential circuits; Number representation and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating-point).
- Computer Organization and Architecture: Machine instructions and addressing modes, ALU, CPU control design, Memory interface, I/O interface, Instruction pipelining, Cache and main memory, Secondary storage.
- Programming and Data Structures: Programming in C; Functions, Recursion, Parameter passing, Scope, Binding; Abstract data types, Arrays, Stacks, Queues, Linked Lists, Trees, Binary search trees, Binary heaps.
- Algorithms: Analysis, Asymptotic notation, space and time complexity, Worst and average case analysis; Design: Greedy approach, Dynamic programming, Divide-and-conquer; Tree and graph traversals, Connected components, Spanning trees, Shortest paths; Hashing, Sorting, Searching. Asymptotic analysis (best, worst, average cases) of time and space, upper and lower bounds.
- Basic concepts of complexity classes P, NP, NP-hard, NP-complete.
Computer Science and Information Technology Section: II
- Theory of Computation: Regular languages and finite automata, Context free languages and Push-down automata, Recursively enumerable sets and Turing machines, Undecidability.
- Compiler Design: Lexical analysis, Parsing, Syntax directed translation, Runtime environments, Intermediate and target code generation, Basics of code optimization.
- Operating Systems: Processes, Threads, Inter-process communication, Concurrency, Synchronization, Deadlock, CPU scheduling, Memory management and virtual memory; File systems, I/O systems, Protection and security.
- Databases: ER-model, Relational model (relational algebra, tuple relational calculus), Database design (integrity constraints, normal forms); Query languages, File structures (sequential files, indexing, B and B+ trees), Transactions and concurrency control.
- Information Systems and Software Engineering: Information gathering, requirement and feasibility analysis; data flow diagrams, process specifications, input/output design
- Process life cycle, planning and managing the project, design, coding, testing, implementation,
- Computer Networks: ISO/OSI reference model, LAN technologies (Ethernet, Token ring), Flow and error control techniques. Routing algorithms, Congestion control, TCP/UDP and sockets, IPv4, Application layer protocols (ICMP, DNS, SMTP, POP, FTP, HTTP).
- Basic concepts of hubs, switches, gateways, and routers. Network security: basic concepts of the public key and private key cryptography, digital signature, firewalls.
- Web technologies: HTML, XML, basic concepts of Client-Server computing.
- Probability and Statistics: Probability, Conditional Probability; Probability Density Function, Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation; Random Variables; Distributions; uniform, normal, exponential, Poisson, Binomial.
- Set Theory and Algebra: Sets; Relations; Functions; Groups; Partial Orders; Lattice; Boolean Algebra.
- Linear Algebra: Algebra of matrices, determinants, systems of linear equations, Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors.
- Numerical Methods: LU decomposition for systems of linear equations; numerical solutions of non-linear algebraic equations by Secant, Bisection and Newton-Raphson Methods;
- Calculus: Limit, Continuity and differentiability, Mean value Theorems, Theorems of integral calculus, evaluation of definite and improper integrals, Partial derivatives, Total derivatives, maxima & minima.
- Numerical integration by trapezoidal and Simpson’s rules.
Click here to download TSPSC Manager 2020 Notification
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.
Discussion about this post