Table of Contents
World First Aid Day is observed on the second Saturday of September annually every year to raise awareness that how first aid can save lives. In 2022, it comes on 11 September. In this article, we will discuss the World First Aid Day 2022: Theme, History, and Quiz
The term ‘First Aid’ means the help that is provided to anyone who is suffering from disease, damage, or an injury. Its primary goal is to protect life and keep the condition from worsening. Every time it is not necessary that some medical staff help. In an emergency, even ordinary people can help and can save someone’s life by providing first aid. First aid kit we mostly have in our home and in fact, we should carry it while traveling as well.
World First Aid Day 2022: Theme
According to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the theme of World First Aid Day 2022 is “First aid and road safety”. Its main aim is to spread awareness of how first aid can prevent injuries and save lives every day and in a crisis situation. It also promotes the accessibility of first aid.
World First Aid Day: History
In 2000, World First Aid Day was started by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). Do you know that every year, more than 100 Red Cross and Red Crescent Society people are made aware of the benefits of first aid in the world? Also, it raises awareness about the need for first aid and the right way to use it.
Also, IFRC says that first aid should be available to everyone because it helps at the time of the accident and sometimes it is effective also in saving the lives of people.
World First Aid Day: Objectives
– The first aim of World First Aid Day is to do necessary actions to save the life of injured or diseased people.
– The second aim is to handle the condition of an injured person by giving first aid and try to avoid infection.
– The third aim is to take the injured person immediately to the hospital before any mishappening.
In fact, while providing first aid we should be careful and if we don’t know what to do then it will be better to seek others for help and inform doctors. And sometimes it is also seen that while performing first aid people don’t know what they are doing and might be they hurt instead of helping. So, IFRC always focuses and encourages people to take basic training of first aid or at least educate themselves using any available reliable sources.
So, we can say that first aid help is important and plays a crucial role in our lives but appropriate training and knowledge are necessary while giving first aid to an injured or infected person. Also, we should always carry a first aid kit while traveling and we should have a first aid kit in our homes as well.
First Aid Kits; Things Need to Keep in the First Aid Box
Well-stored first aid kits help you to handle your injuries and basic traumas. Keep at least one first-aid kit in your home and one in your vehicle. Check below to know the basic supplies in your trauma kits;
- Elastic wrap bandages
- Antibiotic ointment
- Medicine cup or spoon
- Instant cold packs
- Adhesive tape
- Bandage strips
- Cotton balls and cotton-tipped swabs
- Safety pins
- First Aid Manual
- Disposable sterile gloves
- Breathing barrier
- Eyewash solution
- Calendula or hydrocortisone cream for skin rashes
- Refined water for cleaning wounds
- Duct tape
- Petroleum jelly or other lubricant
World First Aid Day Quiz
1. When is the World First Aid Day observed?
Ans: The World First Aid Day is observed on every second Saturday of September.
2. What are the main aims of World First Aid Day?
Ans: The main aims of the World First Aid Day are:
- The first aim of World First Aid Day is to do necessary actions to save the life of injured or diseased people.
- The second aim is to handle the condition of an injured person by giving first aid and try to avoid infection.
- The third aim is to take the injured person immediately to the hospital before any mishappening.
3. What does the term ‘First Aid’ mean?
Ans: The term ‘First Aid’ means the help that is provided to anyone who is suffering from disease or damage.