Table of Contents
International days are marked to educate the public on issues of concern, address global problems, and celebrate and reinforce the achievements of humanity. Each international day provides the community an opportunity to organize activities related to the theme and to create public awareness on the same. Organizations, governments, public and private sectors, schools, universities, and citizens make the international day a springboard for awareness-raising actions. In this article let us check on World Teachers Day 2022 -History, Theme, Quotes.
World Teacher’s Day – Monday, 05 October
In this article readers can get a glimpse on
- History of World Teacher’s Day
- World Teacher’s day theme 2022.
- World Teacher’s day quotes
World Teacher’s Day History
World Teachers’ Day commemorates the anniversary of the adoption of the 1966 ILO/UNESCO Recommendation concerning the Status of Teachers. This Recommendation sets benchmarks regarding the rights and responsibilities of teachers and standards for their initial preparation and further education, recruitment, employment, and teaching and learning conditions. The Recommendation concerning the Status of Higher-Education Teaching Personnel was adopted in 1997 to complement the 1966 Recommendation by covering teaching and research personnel in higher education.
With the adoption of the Sustainable Development Goal 4 on education and to recognize teachers as key to the achievement of the Education 2030 agenda, World Teachers Day has become the occasion to mark progress and reflect on ways to counter the remaining challenges for the promotion of the teaching profession.
World Teacher’s Day 2022 Theme
Each year there is a different theme for World Teachers Day. This year the World Teachers day is celebrated with “ LEADING IN CRISIS, REIMAGINING THE FUTURE” theme. In 2021, World Teachers’ Day will celebrate teachers with the theme “Teachers at the heart of education recovery”.
The day provides the occasion to celebrate the teaching profession worldwide, take stock of achievements, and draw attention to the voices of teachers, who are at the heart of efforts to attain the global education target of leaving no one behind.
UNESCO’s 2022 message:
One and a half years into the COVID-19 crisis, the 2021 World Teachers’ Day will focus on the support teachers need to fully contribute to the recovery process under the theme “Teachers at the heart of education recovery”.
A five-day series of global and regional events will showcase the effect that the pandemic has had on the teaching profession, highlight effective and promising policy responses, and aim to establish the steps that need to be taken to ensure that teaching personnel develops their full potential.
This year, World Teachers’ Day celebrations will take place in conjunction with the meeting of the Joint ILO-UNESCO Committee of Experts on the Application of the Recommendations concerning Teaching Personnel (CEART), which will be running from 4 to 8 October 2022.
Mentioned below are the theme of world teachers day in previous years.
2021: Teachers at the heart of education recovery.
2020: Teachers: Leading in crisis, re-imagining the future.
2019: Young Teachers: The Future of the Profession
2018: The right to education means the right to a qualified teacher
2017: Empowering Teachers
2016: Valuing Teachers, Improving their Status
2014: “Invest in the Future, Invest in Teachers”
World Teacher’s Day 2022 Quotes
- Your best teacher is your last mistake. – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
- Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. – Benjamin Franklin
- Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world. – Malala Yousafzai
- The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery. – Mark Van Doren
- Teaching is the greatest act of optimism. – Colleen Wilcox
- If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people. – Chinese Proverb
- The whole art of teaching is all about awakening the natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterward. – Anatole France
- I have always felt that the true text-book for the pupil is his teacher. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Ideal teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross, then having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create bridges of their own. – Nikos Kazantzakis
- Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of an individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honor for me. – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself. – John Dewey
- What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to a human soul. – Joseph Addison
- The true teachers are those who help us think for ourselves. – Dr. Sarvepali Radhakrishnan
World Teacher’s Day 2022 Wishes
- ” The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book. Thank you for being a wonderful teacher. Happy Teacher’s Day!”
- ” You have always been an excellent mentor who knew how to motivate your students. Happy Teacher’s Day!”
- ” Thank you for being a wonderful teacher and always believing in me. Happy Teacher’s Day!”
- ” You are not just a teacher to me, you are also an inspiration. Lucky to have you as a guide. Happy Teachers’ Day!”
- ” You are the pinnacle of knowledge and diligence. I would be quite grateful to God if I can become half of you. Happy teacher’s day to the most respected teacher!”