Table of Contents
Power Foundation of India, in association with Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA), organized a campaign to build awareness of Agni Tattva under LiFE – Lifestyle for the environment. This campaign strives to raise awareness of the core theme of Agni Tattva, one of the five elements of Panchmahabhoot and a symbol of energy. The first Agni campaign conference, with the topic “Sustainability and Culture,” was held in Leh on October 7. Check below to know more on deatil about Agni Tattva campaign under LiFE mission.
What is Agni Tattva? Definition and Orgin
Astronomy claims that Agni Tattva is one of the five natural forces that Hinduism, Tantrism, and other religions and philosophical systems with roots in the Indian subcontinent recognize as the forces of nature. The words “Agni” and “tattva” are respectively derived from the Sanskrit words for “fire” and “truth,” “reality,” and “thatness.” The word Agni is used to refer to the Hindu fire god.
The Agni Tattva Campaign – An Overview
The Agni Tattva campaign – Energy for LIFE, an initiative under the overarching campaign of Sumangalam, was launched in New Delhi on September 21, 2022, by Shri R K Singh, Union Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy. The Foundation of Agni Tattva campaign focuses on advocacy and research efforts that have a favorable impact on the evolving energy landscape. Several seminars will be held as part of the campaign and will be spread out across the country.
First seminar of Agni Tattva campaign under LiFE mission – Key Elements
- The campaign was organized by the Power Foundation of India and Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA).
- The campaign aims to create awareness of the core concept of Agni Tattva, an element that is synonymous with energy and is among the five elements of Panchmahabhoot.
- The first conference for the Agni Tattva campaign, with the theme “Sustainability and Culture,” took place in Leh.
- Influential individuals from a range of professions, including the government, policymakers, academia, and start-ups that work in the domains of energy, culture, and sustainability, participated in the Agni Tattva campaign’s first seminar.
- Ladakh has tremendous solar energy potential that needs to be utilised.
- By distributing decentralized renewable solar electricity throughout Ladakh, the Agni Tattva movement seeks to reduce reliance on the grid.
- The Prime Minister’s goal of creating “a carbon-neutral Ladakh” is consistent with this.
Geothermal Energy Potential of Ladakh Region
- Geothermal energy is another intriguing sector in the Ladakh region with tremendous potential.
- Ladakh has immense solar energy potential
- It should be properly utilised since, unlike other renewable energy sources, which are intermittent in nature, it is accessible at all times of the day and year.
- Green hydrogen seems to be another choice because Ladakh has abundant solar energy.
First seminar of Agni Tattva campaign – Attendees
- Shri R K Mathur, the Ladakh Lieutenant Governor
- Ladakh MP, Shri Jamyang Tsering Namgyal
- Shri R K Singh, Union Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy