Table of Contents
The APSET which is the abbreviated version for Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test conducts an examination each year for the recruitment and promotion of lecturers/assistant professors in universities and degree colleges. The purpose of the examination is to recruit the most eligible candidates for the post. This year, the APSET examination will be held on 31 October 2021.
APSET Exam Pattern 2021
To qualify APSET examination the candidates must pass both papers. APSET is an offline examination. The exam consists of two papers:
- Paper I – General Paper – A total of 50 questions will be asked which carries two marks each
- Paper-II – Subject-based Paper – A total of 100 questions will be asked which carries two marks each
APSET Selection Process 2021
- APSET selection process is completely based on the marks scored by the candidates.
- The final result will be announced based on merit.
- A candidate who does not appear for Paper-I will not be permitted to write Paper-II.
- There will be no marks deducted for the wrong response.
- Only such candidates who obtain the minimum required marks in each paper will be considered for the final preparation of results.
- However, the qualifying criteria and eligibility for the post shall be decided by the recruitment committee of APSET.
- The syllabus of Paper-I and Paper-II is available on the official website.
- The candidates are expected to follow up on the same.
- The candidates will be allowed to carry a carbon printout of the OMR Response Sheets with them after finishing their examination.
- The purpose of carbon copy is that it acts as a reference.
Stages of the APSET Selection:
- Conduction of APSET 2021 Examination.
- Candidates qualifying in the APSET examination will be shortlisted
- The list will be based on their total obtained marks on both Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for further document verification and counselling.
- During counselling, candidates will get a chance to choose their postings as per their preferences.
- The selected candidates will receive their appointment letters by post to their communication address.
- It is, therefore, necessary that the candidate is aware of all these procedures of verification and counselling
APSET 2021 Salary and Benefits
After qualifying APSET as an assistant professor post, the candidate receives a minimum salary of INR 2,61,500 per annum to the highest salary of INR 9,50,000 per annum. The average salary of an assistant professor in India is INR 5,47,800 per annum.
Along with a good salary the candidate receives various other bonuses or perks of being an assistant professor.
- Good work environment
- Convenient work timings
- Paid holidays
- Easy leave applicability
- Paid sick leave
- Good professional growth
- Ample resources available for further research
- Renewal of salary on a fixed date
I hope this article was helpful. Among all professions, teaching is considered sacred. Education plays a vital role in a persons life. It is a very beautiful experience. It is a golden opportunity for all the candidates who wish to pursue their careers in the teaching field. You shall teach the young buds of the nation, together making a better place to live in. If you are looking for a good start, our app has got it covered for you. Download our Entri app today. Look for all the contents and insights you will need to crack this exam. We will keep you updated with all the latest notifications and content. We will be glad to assist you throughout the journey of this examination. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Focus on the good and work hard. Well begun is half done. So start your preparations today. Good luck.