Table of Contents
The Bank of India has 696 posts vacant, including economists, statisticians, risk managers, credit analysts, credit officers, tech evaluations, IT officers – Data centres, managers, and senior managers (BOI). The remaining 102 staff will be employed on a contract basis, while 594 will be hired full-time. The BOI Online Application Link will be issued on April 26th, 2022, and will be available until May 10th, 2022. To apply, aspirants should visit the bank’s official website.
|Organization organising exam||Bank of India (BOI)|
|Post name||Specialist Officer (SO)|
|Recruitment name||BOI Recruitment 2022|
|Vacancies as per given in the notification||696|
|The application portal opens on||26th April 2022|
|Last Date to Apply by online mode||10th May 2022|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Location of job||All Over India|
|Category of job||Banking Job|
|Official Website of Bank of India||https://www.bankofindia.co.in/|
Aside from job security, one of the main reasons people choose banking careers is the salary. The post of the specialized officer is one of the most sought after, with many people applying each year. The specialized officer has a demanding job with opportunities for advancement and a good salary.
Bank of India BOI 2022 Important Exam Dates
The Bank of India released full advertising for the positions on its official website on April 20, 2022. Check out the table below for additional information on the Bank of India Recruitment 2022 important dates.
|Notification release||20th April 2022|
|Application submission commencement||26th April 2022|
|Application submission End||10th May 2022|
|Call letters for Exam||Yet to be notified|
|Online Exam||Yet to be notified|
|Online Exam Result||Yet to be notified|
|Call letters for interview||Yet to be notified|
|Interview||Yet to be notified|
|Allotment||Yet to be notified|
Bank of India BOI 2022 Exam Pattern
The selection process for Bank of India BOI 2022 recruitment includes an online exam and a personal interview or/ and a group discussion. Candidates must know the exam pattern to prepare adequately for their online examination. Knowing the test pattern can assist you in addressing all of the major parts and subjects that may be covered in the exam. The exam pattern of the online exam is as given below.
|Section of the exam||Marks||Time|
|English Language||50||150 minutes combined for all the sections|
|General Awareness with special reference to
- The bank maintains the right to change the framework of the examination, which will be announced on its official website. Candidates will be able to download an Information Handout along with their call letters from the authorised website www.bankofindia.co.in, which will contain additional detailed information about the examination.
- Except for the English Language Test, all of the aforementioned tests will be offered in both English and Hindi. The English Language Test will be qualifying in nature, i.e. The marks earned in the English Language will not be factored into the merit list.
- The qualifying marks shown above are for applicants in the General/EWS Category. Candidates from the categories of SC/ST/OBC/PWD who fill positions reserved for the appropriate category will get a 5% grade reduction in comparison to candidates from the General/EWS category.
- In the Objective Tests, incorrect responses will result in a penalty. To arrive at a modified score, one-fourth of the marks allotted to each question for which the applicant provided an incorrect response will be deducted as a penalty. There will be no penalty if a question is left blank, that is if the candidate does not mark a response.
- Candidates’ merit lists will be created in descending order for the various categories, i.e. SC/ST/OBC/EWS/GEN, based on their marks in the online examination (scores acquired in General Awareness with specific reference to Banking Industry and Professional Knowledge paper). Candidates who get the required minimum qualifying marks in the Online Tests and rank high enough in the order of merit will be invited for a personal interview and/or GD. A candidate’s right to be summoned for a Personal Interview/GD does not depend on passing the Online Test. In case of equal marks by two or more applicants, the merit order of such a group of candidates would be based on the Date of Birth.
- The Bank may perform the selection procedure only through an interview or group discussion rather than an online exam. If an online examination is not performed, a sufficient number of individuals will be shortlisted for an interview based on their qualifications, experience, and general appropriateness for the position, as determined by the Bank. The interview receives a total of 100 points. The minimum qualifying marks for General/EWS candidates will be 40%, while for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates will be 35%. Candidates will be summoned for interviews in a 3:1 ratio to the number of openings. The Bank may, however, increase the ratio at its discretion.
- If an online exam and interview are held- Depending on the number of applicants/eligible candidates, selection will be made via an online exam and/or a personal interview/GD. If an online test is administered, the online examination and interview shall be weighted 80:20. Candidates’ overall scores in the Online Examination (marks acquired in General Awareness with specific reference to the Banking Industry and Professional Knowledge exam) and Interview will be combined to determine their final scores. To be considered for final selection, a candidate must perform well in both the Online Examination and the interview. Candidates’ merit lists will be created in decreasing order for the appropriate categories based on their marks in the Online Examination and Personal Interview. SC/ST/OBC/EWS/GEN. Up to the number of openings, the ultimate selection will be determined based on this merit list.
- If both a group discussion and an interview are held, the maximum marks for the group discussion will be 30 and the minimum qualifying marks for the general category will be 40 per cent and 35 per cent for the SC/ST/OBC category will be 35 per cent (out of 30 marks). Only those candidates who received the required minimum score in the Group Discussion will be invited to the Personal Interview. A candidate’s participation in the Group Discussion does not guarantee that he or she will be contacted for a Personal Interview.
- Group Discussion will be of a qualifying nature only. The marks earned in Group Discussions will not be factored into the merit list. If two or more candidates receive equal marks in the Online examination, the merit order of the group will be determined by the marks acquired in the Online examination, with the candidate who receives better marks in the Online test being put higher in the merit list. If the marks received in the online test are also identical, or if the online exam is not held, the merit order will be determined by the candidate’s date of birth, with the older candidate being put higher on the merit list.
Bank of India BOI Exam 2022 Vacancy
There are 594 regular/permanent roles available. Below is a list of them.
|Posts||General||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||Total||Out of total vacancies|
|Credit Analyst||24||9||4||16||–||53||· HI- 1
· ID- 1
|Credit Officers||197||70||40||131||46||484||· HI- 5
· VI- 5
· OC- 4
· ID- 5
|IT Officer – Data Centre||18||6||3||11||4||42||· VI-1|
There are 102 job openings for contract-based employment. They are listed in the table below.
|Post||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||General||Total||Out of total vacancies|
|Manager IT||5||2||6||0||8||21||· OC- 1
· ID- 1
|Senior Manager IT
|Senior Manager (Network Routing & Switching
|Manager (Data Centre) – System
|Manager (Data Centre) – System Administrator
|Manager (Data Centre) –
Centre) – Storage & Backup
|Manager (Data Centre – Network Virtualisation
on SDN-Cisco ACI)
Backlog vacancies are included in the openings stated above. The number of opportunities and reserved jobs is both temporary and subject to vary depending on the Bank’s actual needs.
It is important to know about all the important events and their dates if you are planning to write a competitive exam. This will help you to plan your exam preparation strategy in an efficient and time-bound manner. Download the Entri app to aid you with the preparation for the Bank of India BOI 2022 SO recruitment exam.