Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission, APPSC recruits candidates to various posts under the government departments. It conducts both direct and recruitments by transfer. In this article, let us discuss the details of the Food Safety Officer post. Also, the best books for food safety officer which will help candidates to ace the preparation for the respective post.
APPSC Food Safety Officer: Important Dates
Notification Date: 13.02.2019
Recruitment type: General, State-wide
Starting date of Application: 07.03.2019
Closing date of Application: 28/03/2019
Main Examination (CBT): 30/07/2019 FN and AN
Result Date: 18/12/2019
Verification of Original certificates: 22/01/2020
- He / She is of sound health, active habits, and free from any bodily defect or infirmity rendering him unfit for such service.
- His / Her character and antecedents are such as to qualify him for such service.
- He /She possesses the academic and other qualifications prescribed for the post.
- He/ She is a citizen of India.
The candidate must possess a Degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Biotechnology or Oil Technology or Agricultural Science or Veterinary Sciences or Bio-Chemistry or Microbiology or Masters Degree in Chemistry or Degree in Medicine from a recognized University, or any other equivalent / recognized qualification notified by the Central Government
18-42 years old.
Upper age relaxation will be given according to the usual government norms.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Written Examination will be Objective type with two papers. Both have a time duration of 150 minutes each. There will be 150 questions in both papers and one mark for each correct answer. The total marks will be 300. And, each wrong answer will be penalized with 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question.
Paper I: General Studies and Mental Ability
- Events of National and International importance.
- Current affairs- International, National, and Regional.
- Basics of General Science and their relevance to the day to day life. Current developments in science, technology, and information technology
- History of Modern India with emphases upon the Indian National Movement.
- Economic development in India since independence.
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability, and data interpretation.
- Basic things about Disaster management (CBSE-VIII and IX Standard).
- Geography of India with a focus on A.P.
- Indian Constitution and Polity.
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and legal implications/problems, including:
Loss of capital city challenges in building new capital and it’s financial implications.
Division and rebuilding of common Institutions.
Division of employees, their relocation, and nativity issues.
Effect of bifurcation on commerce and entrepreneurs.
Implications to financial resources of state government.
The task of post-bifurcation infrastructure development and opportunities for investments.
Socio-economic, the cultural, and demographic impact of bifurcation.
Impact of bifurcation on river water sharing and consequential issues.
AP Reorganization Act, 2014 on AP and the arbitrariness of certain provisions.
Paper-II: Concerned subject
- Food Chemistry
- Food Microbiology- Types of hazards, biological, chemical, physical hazards factors affecting safety, the importance of safe foods. General methods of food preservation and food processing preservation of food spoilage.
- Food Processing Technology
- Food Laws and Organizations- Brief review of regulatory status in India before the advent of FSSAI: FPO, MMPO, MFPO, Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, Paradigm shift from PFA to FSSAI. National Organizations – Bureau of Indian Standards, ICMR, ICAR, NABL, Council for social welfare, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare – delivery Health Services in India. Export and Quality Control through the Export Inspection Council (EIC), APEDA, and MPEDA. International Organizations FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization), WHO (World Health Organization), ISO, WTO, APLAC, ILAC.
- Hygiene and Sanitation
- Public and Occupational Health and Nutrition
Best Books for APPSC Food Safety Officer
- Objective Food Science by SK Sharma
- General Knowledge by Dr. Binay Karna
- APPSC General Studies and Mental Ability by Vijetha Competitions
- AP SCERT Text Books
- Modern India by Bipin Chandra by Bipin Chandra
- NCERT Text Books
- Indian Constitution and Political System by Ajay Patel
- Objective Food Science and Safety standards by Prabodh Halde and Sanjeev Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Aggrawal
- A Competition Book For Food Safety Officer Paperback by Mrs. Durvesh Kumari and Dr. S.K. Goyal Er. Suresh Chandra
- Newspapers and Current affair magazines
- Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth
- AP bifurcation problems by Kodali Bhavani Sankar
- General Knowledge Capsule 2019 with Current Affairs by Disha Experts
- Shorts Notes on Food Safety Officer Examination by Chandra S
These are some of the best books for food safety officers available in the open market. Candidates can use the online platforms like Entri for the preparations. Entri will be the best platform for the APPSC exam preparations. Get all the topics under a single platform. Avail subject-wise classes and notes from expert faculties. Practice the new mock tests and also the previous year question papers to assess and improve your preparations.
Click here to freely download Entri and start your preparations now! Good luck!