Table of Contents
How fast can you speak English? Are you wondering how to fluently speak English? Are you struggling to communicate in English to others? Or confused about how and where to start? Thinking about how to learn English by yourself? If yes, read further and explore the easy tricks and strategies to speak English fluently. Gather the websites and easy e-learning tips here. Get the tips to learn English effectively at home, all by yourself!
How to Learn English Speaking Fast at Home
- Know your purpose – Know the right purpose of your learning first. If you are preparing English to fly abroad, you can stick to the particular English which is essential there. If you feel like you need to enhance your communication skills, you can choose different strategies for that. Likewise, make sure your purpose and prepare a plan according.
- Measure your level – Evaluate yourself and see your level of English as low- medium- intermediate-advanced. After evaluating your level, focus on such a learning pattern. Sometimes, you will find yourself unique and different from others which makes you hard to learn with others. So, you always need to figure out your requirements and build a learning strategy according to your level of proficiency.
- Know your weakness – Every individual holds a variant level of communication skill. So, know what your necessity is. Know how to tackle that weakness with the right preparation strategy. After collecting the set of weakness that you find about yourself, you can make some points to improve and choose books to prefer your particular needs.
- Stick on to an Accent – English Language has a lot of variations and changes of dialects. If you start preparing for learning English at home by your guidance, learn which accent fits your purpose, in countries like India, British English is prioritized. Always, there happens a confusions about the accents. Before preparing get to know the accents in English and research a bit about the necessity of your choice.
- Know the difference between American and British English – There will be variations in the vocabulary, grammar and phrases used in both American and British English. E.g. Dreamed in British is dreamed in American English, Licence in British is license in American English, Skilful in British English is skillfull in American English. Flat in British is often said as Apartment in American English, Biscuit in British is said as Cookie in American English. Likewise, many changes appear between British and American English. So, if you are planning to learn English
- Make a plan – If you are ready to prepare for English language excellence, you need the right plan and preparation strategy. Read the below methods to know how to learn English speaking fast at home. As you are at your convenience, you can easily sort time and space of your comfort. Prepare a plan which enables you to cover a single simple portion daily. Make it a routine and a habit.
Four Ways to Improve Your English Skills
Speaking can be improved with constant speaking practice. But are you confused about how? Check the below tips to create better speaking strategies
- Try speaking to yourself. Who knows you better than yourself? So, stick to a daily routine of sharing talks with you. This can help you to gain more confidence and avoid the unnecessary fear of mistakes
- Then, as a next step engage in chats in English and gradually include small words and phrases in your replies or text messages
- Use your friends in the right way. Talk to your friends in English and make small conversations extend to many long deep conversations of your interest.
- Don’t hesitate to make mistake. The proper learning of the English language or any language involves the phase of mistakes. So don’t lose your confidence and keep on practicing English with your dear ones.
- Ask doubts. Ask questions and clear your doubts regarding the topics or language to enhance your competence in it
- Speak out some phrases and start using synonyms. Use the trick of substitution of words to improve your speaking standard of language.
Firstly, make listening to your routine. Once you learn to listen and catch the vocabulary, you will gradually get hold of the grammar, sentence construction and variations of meanings. Keep track of the listening exercise and evaluate yourself by keeping aside a certain schedule for listening. For involving yourself in more listening exercise, you can use different tools and strategies as mentioned below
- Choose the audios or videos which promotes the accent of your choice
- Always choose audios and videos or movies of your interest and choice, otherwise, boredom will hit you hard and you may feel demotivated
- Listen to podcasts, stories, songs and other voice-clips
- Make sure to watch YouTube videos and subscribe to the YouTubers who promote the communication skills
- Try to hear and recognize the voice-clips of the native speakers while using social media platforms
- You can watch English movies with subtitles if you are poor at getting the dialogues. But make sure to gradually switch to the audio alone to get more idea about the vocabulary and expressions
- Listen to the English Stories, news and try to recognize the words by picturizing its image
- Analyze the vocabulary and expressions from the dialogues to get an idea about the phrases, riddles and sarcasm
- Read everything that comes on your way.
- As there is an immense influence of social media these days, you can always stick on to them to learn English
- Read the captions, quotations and posts in social media platforms
- Choose the topics of your interest
- Invest time in reading worthy articles, news and blogs
- Check the online apps to read free ebooks like the Open Library, Archie.org, PdfDrive
- You can also stick with the exciting sites which promote the young writers and reader like terribly tiny tales, Miraquill
- Read stories of young blooming authors and if you like, engage yourself in being the next star in the writing field
- Start organizing your notebooks and prepare a list of your interested area
- Bring write-ups of your favorite area
- You can stick on to summarizing and paraphrase methods to learn writing strategies
- Write reviews of movies and your favorite series
- Start involving the new vocabulary building, note new words and their meaning.
- Keep note of new phrases
- Choose the new vocabulary that you stumble upon
- Bring up synonyms, antonyms and other words as a substitution for the existing ones to improve your writing style. For instance, you can note the word profound instead of using deep
- If you are a creative person, you can involve yourself in writing stories, poetry, quotes and essays of your choice
- You can upload such works on Instagram, Facebook, Launchora and many other online social media platforms
- You can also engage in adding captions and subcategory topics for your social media posts
Learn English Quickly Online: Effective Ways
- Subscribe to the popular YouTube channels and learn English quickly online with the help of native speakers and English proficient tutors
- Try SuperProf Application to get the popular tutors and start an online learning system
- Read the popular English Blogs
- Subscribe to the spoken english apps like Entri App and its English learning courses, engage in live classes and video lectures
- Improve English through online Spoken English Classes
- Involve in some quizzes and mock tests
- Learn by using the filling methods to improve grammar
Tips to Improve your Grammar
Choose the Perfect Grammar Guide
Some of the authentic guides you can refer to is
- High School English Grammar and Composition by H. Martin and P. C. Wren
- Wren & Martin by P. C. Wren
- English Grammar in Use by Raymond Murphy and Surai Pongtongcharoen
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr.
- The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation by Jane Straus
- Advanced Grammar in Use: A Self-study Reference and Practice Book for Advanced Learners of English; with Answers by Martin Hewings
- Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation Book by Lynne Truss
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Practical English Usage by Michael Swan
Know the Basics
- Parts of Speech
- Proper noun
- Sentence Construction
- Articles – A, An, The
- Subject-verb agreement
- Active and passive
- Question Tags
- Usage of capitals, quotations and question marks
Know the Tricky Words and their Difference
- Difference between There and They’re, Where and Were, Your and You’re
- I and Me Aren’t Interchangeable
- Difference between Must and Have To
Write and Proofread
- Try to write them and get used to the sentence constructions.
- Proofread and edit
- Keep on editing till you polish it well
Grab Some Phrases and Idioms as a Bonus
|To cost an arm and a leg||something is very expensive.
“Fuel these days costs an arm and a leg.”
|Better late than never||Better to arrive late than not to come at all|
|Break a leg||Good luck|
|Call it a day||Stop working on something|
|Cutting corners||Doing something poorly to save time or money|
|To add insult to injury||to make a situation worse.|
|Go back to the drawing board||Start over|
|Hang in there||Don’t give up|
|To hit the nail on the head||to describe exactly what is causing a situation or problem.|
|It’s not rocket science||It’s not complicated|
|Let someone off the hook||To not hold someone responsible for something|
|To make a long story short||Tell something briefly|
|Pull someone’s leg||To joke with someone|
|Pull yourself together||Calm down|
|Speak of the devil||The person we were just talking about showed up!|
|The best of both worlds||An ideal situation|
|Time flies when you’re having fun||You don’t notice how long something lasts when it’s fun|
|To get bent out of shape||To get upset|
|We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it||Let’s not talk about that problem right now|
|Wrap your head around something||Understand something complicated|
|You can say that again||That’s true, I agree|
|Your guess is as good as mine||I have no idea|
|Giving someone the cold shoulder||To ignore someone.|
|A piece of cake||something is very easy|
|My cup of tea||Something for me|
|Let the cat out of the bag||to accidentally reveal a secret.|
A synonym is a term or a phrase that indicates precisely or nearly the same thing as different word or phrase in English. If you are worried about the quality of your language, you can try the tips of using various synonyms. Try to use substitution words to make your sentence look more worthy. Check out some of the everyday synonyms you are use
- Amazing- Incredible, Unbelievable, Improbable, Astonishing
- Anger- Enrage, Infuriate , Arouse, Nettle
- Angry- Wrathful, Furious, Enraged, Indignant
- Ask – Question, Inquire, Query, Interrogate
- Awful -Dreadful, Terrible, Abominable, Unpleasant
- Bad -Depraved, Rotten, Contaminated, Sinful
- Beautiful -Gorgeous, Dazzling, Splendid, Magnificent
- Begin -Start, Open, Launch, Initiate
- Big -Enormous, Huge, Immense, Gigantic
- Brave – Courageous, Fearless, Dauntless, Intrepid
- Break – Fracture , Wreck, Crash, Demolish
- Bright -Sparkling, Shimmering, Radiant, Vivid
- Calm – Peaceful, Unruffled, Tranquil
- Come – Approach, Advance, Near, Arrive
Get Haunted by Dr Shashi Tharoor’s Fantastical Vocabulary List
If you are interested in having a piece of deep knowledge in English language, you can subscribe to the words introduced by Dr Shashi Tharoor. We often get startled by the interesting and fascinating words introduced by him. But this widens up our knowledge that the English language cannot be limited to certain diction and encourages you to invest more time in vocabulary building.
- Sesquipedalian – polysyllabic; long
- Limpid – Clear
- Perspicacity- the quality of having a ready insight into things; shrewdness.
- Lalochezia – Emotional relief gained by using indecent or vulgar language
- Convolution – a thing that is complex and difficult.
- Ostentation – the pretentious or showy display of wealth and luxury, designed to impress.
- Rodomontade – Boastful or inflated talk or behavior
- Gonzo – relating to or denoting journalism of an exaggerated, subjective, and fictionalized style.
- Muliebrity- The fear of long words
- Kakistocracy- Government by the least suitable or competent citizens of a state.
- Floccinaucinihilipilification – The action or habit of estimating something as worthless.
Watch Out Pronunciation
Mostly English language doesn’t sound as it is written, in such cases, you must have an idea about the pronunciation of the words to sound more native. If you can focus upon American English or British English, you can refer to the pronunciation pattern and start practicing.
Tips to improve pronunciation
- Listen to the pronunciation and try to catch up from the Standard English Language
- Practice such pronunciation and include it in your daily conversation
- Try not to fit fake and made-up pronunciations
- Always choose an authentic guide to follow the pronunciation pattern
- Choose IPA or the International Phonetic Alphabet as your guide
- Use a dictionary and try to read out the phonetic transcription given
- Don’t confuse between minimal pairs and homophone
- Try some online pronunciations games
- Practice often!
Create Your Unique Library
- Build a strong vocabulary list
- Make your notes and reading materials list
- Build a to-read list and collect your favorite Booklist
- Build creative ways to learn interestingly
- Gather your favorite list of authors and poets
- Collect the interesting blogs and articles online
- Make some interesting list of quotations
Spoken English Courses Available in Entri App
Entri App provides vernacular language e-learning fields for the language seekers of India. The users will get to attend thousands of video classes, study cards and mocks tests in vernacular languages. More interesting tools and methodologies like flashcards, quizzes and tests are introduced as a perfect learning strategy for the users. Are you wondering about your language? The best part is that each user will be awarded with a certificate too after the spoken english course. The language courses available are given below. Your instructor will make sure that you have a firm foundation in the language. With just a few moments of video classes, you will master the language and will be ready to face the world. Entri App training will equip you with Grammar, Pronunciation, Articulation, Voice Modulation, and Intonation techniques.
With daily assignments, and practices we have added a set of lesson tests. These tests are compared on various proficiency levels to suit applicants from beginners to expert levels. No need to worry about the language skills, if you can speak and understand your language, then you are good to go because the tutor will be introducing the topics in your language. Our course is designed in a way that you can learn English with help of your language skills.
Training is the key to all success. To acquire any language, you have to talk when you read and write. Unless you open your mouth and speak aloud, your fear and shame won’t go away. With the help of the proper practice groups, you can speak what you learn in this class. This will help you to break the skepticism towards the new language. Speaking exercises are the necessity of any language training course, and Entri has mastered this.
Learn English in Malayalam
The popular influencer and youtuber Aparna (Interved_coconut) who is a native speaker in English, will be providing tactics and tricks for a better proficiency in English language with her “English Padikkyam with Inverted Coconut”.. You can subscribe to Entri App and start preparing with now. Reach you goal with the proper guidance.
Take one step at a Time!
Don’t overdo or rush into learning a language. Take one step at a time and be consistent. Keep track of your improvement progress. Learning English, just as any other language needs patience and dedication. As it is said, Slow and Steady wins the raise, be constant and practice regularly. Allot some time for learning English and make yourself feel proud of your progress. Keep yourself motivated and pick out your weaknesses. Polish your weak sides and improve gradually. With constant practice, you will be just like a native speaker.
If you are not sure about preparing alone, then you can always look forward to the help of Entri App and its effective easy strategies. Native speakers will teach you the best way to learn English Fluently with a proper syllabus system and easy tricks and tips.