If you aspire to get into the sub Inspector posts of Delhi police department then you have to appear for the examinations handled by the staff selection commission (SSC) of India. The Central Police organization sector in the SSC recruits candidates to the post of SI under Delhi Police.Through this article, we will be giving you ice breaker tips on how to prepare for Delhi Police Sub Inspector Exam 2021
Knowing how to crack SSC CPO SI exam becomes easy when you have the ability to plan your preparation. Not every candidate is able to turn their aspirations into reality. It is their preparation approach makes them stand out of the crowd.
How to Prepare For Delhi Police Sub Inspector Exam?
Let us look into few preparation strategies that has to be implemented in order to achieve the post of sub inspector under Delhi Police department.
1. Keep yourself acquainted with the examination dates and evaluate the exam pattern.
- SSC CPO SI Exam is conducted once in a year and it comprises of four stages.
- Candidates must understand the stages involved in the selection procedure and strategize his preparation accordingly.
- The description of the stages of the SSC CPO SI Exam are as follows
|Mode of the exam||Total Marks||Time allotted||Date|
|Tier 1/Paper 1||Online based Objective type||200||2 hours||09 Dec- 13 Dec 2019|
|Physical endurance Test/Physical standard Test||Qualifying/Elimination in nature||–||–||Shortlisted candidates will be provided with the dates|
|Tier 2/Paper 2||Personal Interview||200||hours||21 June 2020|
|Medical examination Test||Qualifying/Elimination in nature||–||–||Shortlisted candidates will be provided with the dates|
- Candidates who qualify in each step will only be able to appear for the next step
- In paper 1 and paper 2 examinations there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
2. Know the syllabus –‘When you know better, you do better’
After having a thorough knowledge of selection procedure and exam pattern, aspirants should know the syllabus of the exam, the topics included under each section of the exam. The most important topics (from where questions are asked frequently) should also be noted.
The table below gives a brief sketch on the important topics that should not be omitted when preparing for Sub Inspector Delhi police exams. It also gives few tips on how to perform better in each of the subjects appearing in the paper 1 and paper 2 of SSC CPO examinations
Strategy for Paper 1 and 2
Tips to prepare for each category
|General intelligence and reasoning||· Series Completion.
· Character Puzzles.
· Analytical Reasoning.
· Pattern Completion.
· Chart Logic.
· Image Analysis.
· Data Sufficiency.
|· Practice puzzles.
· Take tests.
· Manage time
|· Number Systems.
· Ratio and Time.
· Profit and Loss.
· Real Analysis.
· Arithmetic operations.
· Computation of Whole Numbers.
· Time and Distance.
· Analytical Geometry.
|· Must be aware of the basic mathematical operations and formulae read in the secondary and senior secondary level.
· Try to learn basics of all the topics and gain in-depth knowledge.
· Questions are tricky than lengthy.
· Keep shortcut handy.
· Current Affairs.
|· Know the what’s and When’s.
· Read the latest news of national and international importance.
· Note down topics from the varied field related to History, Culture, Geography, Economy and Polity.
· Jotting down the news events and revising them would help candidates in memorizing the GA/GK facts
· Best Source: NCERT.
|· Spot the error.
· Synonyms/ Homonyms.
· Sentence structure.
· One word substitutions.
· Idioms and phrases.
|· Master your vocabulary.
· Be well versed with grammar rules.
· Read newspapers and magazines to improve your reading habits.
· Learn at least 10 new English words and meanings daily.
Strategy for Physical Fitness
- The final selection will be based on the candidate’s performance in all the four phases of SSC CPO Exam, i.e., Paper-I, Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper-II and Detailed Medical Examination (DME). Therefore, one cannot get selected for the post of Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police if the candidate is not physically and medically fit. So, it is advisable for the candidates to not only study hard for the exams but also keep themselves physically and mentally fit through physical exercises to clear the physical and medical tests.
- Maintain your weight as per the standards specified by the commission in accordance with your height. Prepare for the running segment of the test by walking or jogging first, especially if you need to increase your endurance. Also, begin working out several weeks or even several months before you are scheduled to take the physical fitness test. Do not wait until the last minute to start preparing.
3. Refer effective sources: Online Books and Video Tutorials.
After getting a definite outline on the syllabus of the SSC CPO exam, the preparation for the exam has to be initiated. It is of ultimate importance that one has to make a distinct selection of the appropriate study materials that has to be referred.
Online Study Material like – Online E-Books, PDFs, Question Papers, Mock Tests, Tests Series, Video Lectures etc, provides an easy to learn environment. Online preparation for SSC CPO exam is a productive decision that you can make.
Best Books for Delhi Police SI Exam 2021
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- Reasoning For General Competition by KD Campus
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical by BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwali
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- Manorama Yearbook
- GS Set For General Competition by KD Campus
- Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations (RS Aggarwal)
- Arithmetics For General Competition Vol 1& 2 by Neetu Singh
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- Objective General English by RS Aggarwal
- A mirror of Common Errors by AK Singh
- Plinth To Paramount by KD Campus
- English For General Competition by Neetu Singh
- Word Power Made Easy
- One Word Substitution by Kiran
There are many e-learning websites, one of the best, India’s Leading Online Learning platform is Entri. Here you can obtain the complete test series, which is available for free. Login to the website for successful achievement of your dream job (link below)
4. Follow Preparation Tips, Structure a Study Schedule and Execute it earnestly.
You might have gone through the phrase- ‘Self -Study is the best Source of Knowledge’. But is this phrase justified for the preparation of exams like SSC CPO? The answer to the question is YES. Exam preparation without coaching can be done if you follow a proper Study Plan.
Few tips to study smartly.
- Set short term goals: Candidate has to devise a goal based timeline.
- Check for focus areas: After getting the details about the SSC CPO Exam, you should analyze the topics in which you are strong or weak. Start working on the topic in which you need more attention. Prepare short notes for doing quick revision for exams.
- Time Management: The key to success depends on how well you manage time.
- Avoid any guess works:Guesswork may lead you to wrong answers and will increase negative marking. Also, don’t waste much time on one question and move onto the next if you are not sure about the correct answer.
- Read the complete question: Students are required to avoid the mistake of reading incomplete questions and arriving at incorrect answer eventually. Read the questions carefully and check what is being asked.
- Keep yourself physically fit:Begin practicing physical exercises well before the Physical and Medical Tests as it will increase your chances in getting shortlisted for the Sub-Inspector/ Assistant Sub-Inspector Post.
- Effective examination tips and faster memorization tips can be utilized when preparing for the exam.
5. Take mock tests seriously
They say practice makes perfect, and when you look to the habits of professional athletes, musicians and actors, it’s easy to see why. Psychology writer Malcolm Gladwell once espoused the 10,000 hour rule: only after 10,000 hours of practice does a person become an expert in any field. While you may not need 10,000 hours of practice to crack the SSC CPO exam, there’s no denying that completing practice tests can help you achieve better results.
Mock test will have questions in the exactly similar pattern as to the main exam. Questions are in the same format and you need to solve in same time limit. Solving mock test gives you a perfect idea about the actual exam.
Few important measures to be kept in mind when you take the mock tests are
- Do not casually take up the mock test. Mock test has to be answered in a complete examination like environment to acquire the complete benefits.
- Do not end it up with just answering the test. Ensure to perform analysis of the test attempted as it assists you to track the progress with instant answer evaluations.
- Mock test will help you identify problem areas, but it can also help reassure you that you indeed know your subject.
- By discovering and confirming your subject matter strengths, you can devote more time to the areas where you really need focus
Entri also provides you a platform to appear for the mock tests in a very effective manner. Do not miss to give a try.
6. Self-Motivation is the key to success
While preparation strategy is supposed to help you crack the SSC CPO exam you have been vying for, it will not have any impact until you believe in your ability to crack it. It is very important to believe in your efforts and motivate yourself not just to read but to study, not only to get marks for the exam but to gain a deeper conceptual clarity about different topics. This will not only help you ace your examination but also help you in long term. .
‘Don’t work hard, work intelligent’.
How to Prepare For Delhi Police Sub Inspector 2021–Summary
The 6 primes that you can take away from this article:
1) Be well acquainted with the exam pattern and selection procedure.
2) A thorough knowledge on the syllabus of the exam is a mandatory strategy in the preparation of the exam.
3) The importance of the selection of appropriate referring source for preparation.
4) ‘Time isn’t the main thing, It’s the only thing’ as quoted by Miles Davis, there can be no preparation without a study schedule.
5) Efficacy of the mock tests can be experienced only if it is taken appropriately.
6) You only fail when you stop trying. Hence keep self-motivating yourself and keep going until you attain your dream job.
We wish you all the best for the upcoming SSC CPO examinations.