Table of Contents
The Staff Selection Commission invites applications from eligible graduates below 25 years towards the Delhi Police services. Both Male and Female graduates can apply to the Delhi Police SI 2022 recruitment. There are different stages of selection processes in order to get selected In this article, we will discuss the Delhi Police SI Selection Process 2022.
Delhi Police SI Notification 2022
The Staff Selection commission releases the recruitment notification for the Delhi Police Constable (both male and female candidates) on an yearly basis. As the selection process for the year 2021 was concluded before some time, we shall expect the new recruitment notification soon. Until then, let us have a review of the previous Delhi Police SI Notification.
|Post Name||Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces|
|Mode Of Exam||Online|
|Selection Process||Preliminary Written examination
Physical Measurement Test
Physical Endurance Test
Medical Examination, and
|Salary Scale||Pay Scale of Level-6 (INR.35,400 – INR.1,12,400/-)|
Delhi Police SI Selection Process 2022
Delhi Police’s SI recruitment is conducted in five stages, the first stage being a computer-based test and written form. After Qualifying Phase 1, candidates will be shortlisted for a physical measurement test and a physical endurance test that will be administered on the same day. The candidates who passed the second and third stages are required to undergo a medical examination. Upon completion of the fourth stage of judging, a final list of the achievements of the candidates shortlisted for the written examination will be produced.
The Delhi Police SI Selection Process 2022 consists of 5 stages:
- Paper I or Computer Based Examination
- Physical Standard Test or PST and Physical Endurance Test or PET
- Paper-II or Written Examination
- Detailed Medical Examination or DME
- Document Verification
1. Paper I or CBT
This is an online examination comprising of four sections having a total of 200 questions (50 questions in each section). The exam will be for 2 hours.
|Part||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|I||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
|II||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
- Questions in the paper will be of Objective or MCQ Type.
- Questions will be set in Hindi and English for the first two papers
- There will be negative marking of quarter marks for every wrong answer in Paper-I.
On the basis of their performance in Paper-I, aspirants will be shortlisted for appearing in PET/ PST Examination.
2. Physical Standard Test (PST) and the Physical Endurance Test (PET)
Physical Standard Test for Male Aspirants
|Physical Standard Test or PST for Male Candidates|
|Category of Aspirants||Heights (in cms)||Chest (in cms)|
|For Aspirants from General Category||170||80||85|
|For Applicants belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
|For all applicants belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
Physical Standard Test for Female Aspirants
|Physical Standard Test for Female Candidates|
|Category of applicants||Heights (in cms)|
|For applicants from General Category||157|
|For aspirants belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155|
|For all aspirants belonging to Scheduled Tribes||154|
Physical Endurance Test or PET for Male Aspirants
|Physical Endurance Test for Male Aspirants|
|Race||100 meters race in 16 seconds|
|1.6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes|
|Long Jump||3.65 metres in 3 chances|
|High Jump||1.2 metres in 3 chances|
|Shot put (16 Lbs):||4.5 metres in 3 chance|
Physical Endurance Test or PET for Female Aspirants
|Physical Endurance Test for Female Aspirants|
|Race||100 metres race in 18 seconds|
|800 metres race in 4 minutes|
|Long Jump||2.7 metres in 3 chances|
|High Jump||0.9 metres in 3 chances|
3. Paper-II Objective Multiple Choice Type
This is an online-based examination consisting of 200 marks for 2 hours. It will test the English Language & Comprehension skills of the applicants
|Date of Exam||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|1st March 2021 (Descriptive Paper)||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
- Questions in the paper will be of Objective or MCQ Type.
- There will be negative marking of quarter marks for each wrong answer in Paper-II.
- On the basis of their performance in Paper-I and Paper-II, applicants will be shortlisted for appearing in Medical Examination.
4. Medical Test
On the basis of their performance in Paper-I and Paper-II, aspirants will be shortlisted for appearing in Medical Examination. Applicants, who are successful in Medical Examination, will be called for detailed Document Verification.
Medical standard requirement
- Eye sight:
- The minimum near vision should be N6 or N9 for worse eye.
- The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 for better eye and 6/9 for worse eye.
- In left-handed person, the left eye is better eye and vice versa.
- The standards should be satisfied without visual correction of any kind even by glasses.
- Physical and Mental Health:
- The aspirant must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes.
- They applicants be in good mental and physical health and free from any bodily defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
- Medical Examination:
- All the applicants who qualify in Paper-II will be called for the medical exam.
- Applicants unfit will be informed of the position and they can make an appeal before Review Medical Board within 15 days.
- Appeal for re-examination will not be entertained.
- Seven Obstacle Test: lastly selected aspirants have to pass seven obstacle tests as mentioned below, failing which they may not be selected:
- Jumping over the Vertical Board
- Holding the rope on jumping from the Board
- Tarzan Swing
- Jumping on the Horizontal Board
- Parallel Rope
- Monkey Crawl
- Vertical Rope
5. Document Verification/ Final Selection
All shortlisted applicants are supposed to verify their Documents for Final Selection. Aspirants are required to submit all documents in original for verification at the time of Document Verification.
In this article we discussed Delhi Police SI Selection Process 2021, for more information on various government exams and mock test please keep visiting this blog.