ESIC has issued their notification for recruitment to various posts in the year 2022. Interested and qualified aspirants should read the region-wise notification and submit an online application for the posts they are interested in. the closing date is 15th February 2022. They should start ESIC exam preparation without any further delay. Here we have come up with a complete preparation plan that includes subject-wise preparation as well as mock tests.
Let’s go through the subject-wise ESIC preparation tips along with experts’ strategies. Kindly go through the complete article to have a full-proof plan on the strategy to prepare for the ESIC UDC, MTS, and Steno exams along with the required expert tips and tricks to crack the cut-off.
Topics to Cover for ESIC Stenographer Exam 2022
English language and comprehension
- Basic English grammar and sentence structure
- Direct and indirect speech
- Articles, spellings
- Phrases and idioms
- Phrase replacement
- Active and passive voice
- Parts of speech
- Cloze test
- Sentence correction
- Spotting errors
- Comprehension reading
- Antonyms and synonyms
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Non-verbal series
- Decision making
- Discriminating observation
- Verbal and figure classification
- Similarities and differences
- Space visualization
- Alphanumeric series
- Visual memory
- Blood relations
- Indian history
- Indian polity
- countries, currencies, and capitals
- Government schemes and policies
- National and internationally important events
- Science and technology
- Indian geography
- Indian constitution
- Scientific research
- Art and culture
- Indian economy
- Days and events
Relevant Study Materials for ESIC Stenographer 2022
Various study materials are available for the ECIS stenographer exam in both English and Malayalam medium. A few of such useful books are listed below
- ESIC Upper Division Clerk (UDC) Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS) & Stenographer Phase 1 Exam 2022 (Arihant Experts)
- Guide to ESIC (Employees’ State Insurance Corporation) Upper Division Clerk (UDC) & Stenographer Exam 2021 Phase I & II Paperback – 10 March 2022 by Disha Experts
- SURA’S ESIC Stenographer Preliminary Examination Book – Latest Updated Edition 2022 ( V.V.K. Subburaj)
- SP Bakshi’s “Objective General English” by Arihant Publications
- Norman Lewis’ “Word Power Made Easy”
- How to Crack Test of Reasoning: In all Competitive Exams (Arihant Publications)
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning (R.S. Aggarwal)
- Lucent GK
- Manorama yearbook
Tips and Tricks for ESIC Stenographer Exam 2022
- Make a plan and stick to it from day 1.
- We should not be overconfident in our knowledge of any subject. Give equal importance to all subjects and practice all of them daily.
- Make a habit of making notes. This will offer you an effective final revision. Also, try to make notes in a way that is exclusive to you and fits your learning style.
- One should read at least an English newspaper daily to help them with reading speed, which is an essential skill for working comprehension questions. It will also introduce new words and hence build vocabulary. This will also keep us up to date on current affairs.
- Grammar questions can only be tackled by first learning the rules and then practicing as many objective questions as possible.
- While learning new words, their spelling, meaning, antonyms, phrases and idioms related to them and their context of usage also should be studied.
- While attempting numerical ability questions, always use shortcuts for method and calculation. Direct methods are often time-consuming and hence not ideal for a time-bound test.
- The multiplication, square and cube tables of numbers up to 50 should be learned by heart. This seems like a tedious process but in the end, it will help to increase your calculation speed tremendously which is essential for topics like numerical series.
- General awareness contains static GK, current affairs and financial awareness. Even while studying current affairs we should keep in our mind that these questions will be more leaning towards the subjects of finance and economics of present.
- Since there is a dictation exam, candidates should be concerned about both their quickness and accuracy. Therefore, do not forget to practice spelling, writing speed as well as typing speed.
Exam Strategies for ESIC Stenographer Exam 2022
The first step in preparation is to test one’s knowledge so that they will know from where they should start. For this, they have to collect all the available previous question papers over years and try to solve them just like attempting a mock test. This will give the participant a general idea about the nature and difficulty level of the examination. This will also help them to understand the areas of the syllabus from which most questions are asked and hence they can give those topics more importance in their timetable. They will also come to understand their shortcomings in subject knowledge and calculation speed and will be able to rectify them with persistent practice.
Coaching Institutes and Necessary Books
For the people who have been well versed with the pattern of exams and the topics, coaching may not be a necessary factor. But for beginners and people who are getting into this after a long academic break, it is quite essential. They could use the help of experienced teachers to gain all the information they need to formulate a wise strategy. They will also help us to be selective in our study by giving us a clear idea about what to study and on what we should not waste our time on. They will also be capable of advising us on the selection of our study materials and books and also what should we steer clear of. Attending a coaching institute will certainly keep you updated on everything.
Guessing and negative marks
The exam has a marking system in which negative 0.25 marks is awarded for every incorrect question attempted. So, one should not attempt the elimination method unless they are very sure that at least two of the options are completely false. Candidates should discourage themselves from making blind guesswork from their mock test days so that the thought of doing so will not even cross their minds in the examination hall.
Mock Test for ESIC Stenographer Exam 2022
Practising subject-wise mock tests will enable the candidates to manage their time more efficiently in the exam hall. It will also act as a minor revision and help in recollection of things learned. Given below are links to a few mock tests and quiz blogs. Try them to get a clear idea about your knowledge level.
|General awareness||Click here|
If a candidate follows all this advice, then he/she will be able to gain a score good enough to place them at the top of the merit list. Download the Entri app for more learning strategies.