The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is conducting IBPS Clerk test for the recruitment of clerical cadres in 19 public sector banks in India. There are a total of 7225 vacancies announced in the participating banks. This is a great opportunity for candidates who are aspiring to work in the banking and financial sector.
Candidates appearing for the exam might be wondering what the IBPS Clerk Salary and the job profile are. IBPS Clerks get quite a decent salary and other benefits. Understanding the job profile, salary and scope of promotion is important before pursuing the career in this field.
IBPS Clerk Salary Structure[table id=116 /]
IBPS Clerk Roles And Responsibilities
- Verification of various documents and proofs submitted by the customers
- Updating the pass books of account holders
- Responsible for bank cash, various important documents, keys, etc.
- Issuing of Demand Drafts (DDs), bank accounts for the customers, cash receipts, etc.
- Sanctioning of withdrawals by the customers
- Maintaining the various documents of the bank, balance sheets, ledger, etc.
- Resolving the various issues of the customers
- Providing information about the latest schemes and government policies
- Providing guidance to customers relating to various banking activities
- Attending to treasury works
- Resolving queries of the customers
- Miscellaneous tasks
IBPS Clerk Career Growth and Promotions
As per IBPS Clerk promotion process, the candidates would be promoted to higher posts on basis of their performance after working for 3 years.
There are two processes for clerical to officer promotion.
- Normal process
- Merit basis process
Under the Normal process, the employee (bank clerk) has to qualify written exam and on the basis of his experience and seniority in the services of the bank, he can be selected as Officer. In this process no JAIIB and CAIIB diploma are compulsory. After clearing this exam, you will become a Trainee Officer (TO). Trainee Officer can later become Probationary Officers (PO).
For merit basis promotion, two-year service (minimum) as a clerk with a JAIIB and CAIIB diploma conducted by Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) is must with graduate/post graduate degree.
The further promotions from probationary officer are:
- Assistant Manager – Scale 1
- Manager – Scale 2
- Senior Manager – Scale 3
- Chief Manager – Scale 4
- Assistant General Manager – Scale 5
- Deputy General Manager – Scale 6
- General Manager – Scale 7
Entri is an award-winning online platform which helps students to prepare for various competitive examinations and keeps them updated on various exam schedules. Practice question papers and mock tests for Kerala PSC, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, IIT JEE Mains, NEET and more are available for students to know where they stand and prepare accordingly. Doubt forums are also made available to students to provide a platform for them to interact with experts and clear all their doubts and queries. A suitable app to help you stand out in various competitions. 
Entri wishes all the candidates the very best for the upcoming examination!
Download the Entri App today to stay ahead of the competition!