Institute of Banking Personnel has released the notification for IBPS SO 2019. The notification was released on 5th November 2019 and the dates for preliminary exams are 28th and 29th December 2019. The IBPS SO examination is being conducted for the Specialist Officer post. It is one of the most prestigious examination conducted in the country. Candidates selected through IBPS SO are bein placed in Public Sector Banks across the country. Candidates interested to appear for this examination can go to this website www.IBPS.in and apply. A total of 1100+ vacancies has been announced. A candidate appearing for IBPS SO needs to first understand what are the basic eligibility criteria needed to appear for this examination. In this blog, we will discuss the IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2019 so that a candidate can have basic knowledge regarding the exam.
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2019- Vacancies Post-Wise
The vacancies for IBPS SO is out and candidates need to have knowledge about the number of vacancies available for each post. The vacancies are as follows;
|Name of Post||No. of Vacancies|
|Agriculture Field Officer||670|
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2019- Important Dates
IBPS SO notification is out and a candidate needs to keep in mind the schedule so that they do not miss out on any dates. Please check the table below for your reference;
|IBPS SO Notification 2019||5th November 2019|
|IBPS SO Online Registration Starts From||6th November 2019|
|Last Date to Apply Online for IBPS SO||26th November 2019|
|Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary||December 2019|
|Commencement of IBPS SO Preliminary Exam||28th and 29th December 2019|
|Result of SBI SO Online exam – Preliminary||January 2020|
|Download of call letters for Online examination – Mains||January 2020|
|Commencement of IBPS SO Mains Exam||25th January 2020|
|Conduct of Interview||February 2020|
|IBPS SO 2019-20 Final Result||April 2020|
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Post-wise Eligibility Criteria
1)I.T. Officer (Scale-I)
B.tech Degree in
1)Computer Science Engineering 2)Bachelor of computer applications
3)B.tech in Information Technology 4)Electronics & Telecommunications
5)Electronics & Communication
6)Electronics & Instrumentation
Post Graduate Degree in
1)Electronics & Tele Communication 2)Electronics&Communication
4) Information Technology
Graduate having passed DOEACC ‘B’ level exam
2)Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I)
B.Tech Degree in
5) Dairy Science
6) Fishery Science
8) Agri. Marketing & Cooperation 9)Co-operation & Banking 10)Agro-Forestry
11) Agricultural Biotechnology
12) Food Science
13)Agriculture Business Management
14) Food Technology
15) Dairy Technology
16) Agricultural Engineering
3)Marketing Officer (Scale I)
1)Two Years Full-time MMS (Marketing)
2)Have completed Full-time MBA (Marketing)
3)Have completed Two Years Full-time PGDBA / PGDBM/ PGPM/ PGDM with specialization in Marketing.
4)HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I)
1)Two Years Full-time Post Graduate degree
2 Two Years Full-time Post Graduate 3)Diploma in Personnel Management 4)Diploma in Industrial Relations/ HR / HRD.
5)Diploma in Social Sciences
5)Law Officer (Scale I)
A Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) and enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council
6)Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I)
- Post Graduate Degree in Hindi with English as a subject at the degree (graduation) level or Sanskrit with English as a subject.
- There are other criteria necessary for IBPS SO post such as;
- The Graduates must mention the overall percentage as mentioned in the graduation certificate during the IBPS SO Form fill up.
- A candidate needs to have some Computer Knowledge to appear for this exam.
Eligibility based on Nationality/Citizenship are as follows;
- A candidate needs to be a citizen of India.
- Candidates bearing the citizenship of Tibet and Nepal can also appear for IBPS SO.
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement.
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India.
- Candidates belonging to the category 2, 3, 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt of India in their favor.
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2019: Age Relaxation
The Minimum Age to appear for IBPS SO is 20 years and the Maximum Age upto which a candidate can appear for IBPS SO is 30 years.
The candidate must be born not before 02/11/1989 and not after 01/11/1999.
The Other Age relaxations based on candidate categories are as follows;
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Army personnel)||5 years|
|Persons with Domicile of Jammu &Kashmir during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2019: Selection Procedure
The IBPS SO Examination is being conducted in three levels, prelims, mains and interview;
- IBPS SO Preliminary Exam – This is the first stage of Exam. The total marks in this exam is 125. A candidate needs to clear a overall cut off to get into the next level i.e mains exam.
- IBPS SO Mains Exam- This is the second stage of Exam. The Mains exams is conducted separately for each branches since there are subject related questions. The total marks in i.e 60.
- IBPS SO Interview : Upon clearing both Prelims and Mains a candidate needs to go through an interview process. The Interview is taken by designated participating Public Sector Bank Officers. The total marks allotted for the Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in the interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates). The weightage (ratio) of Online Exams and interview will be 80:20 respectively. The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of total scores obtained by the candidates in the Online Main Examination and Interview. Interview scores of the candidates failing to secure minimum qualifying marks or otherwise barred from the interview or further process shall not be disclosed.
Why Practice from Entri
- Always provides you up to date materials that are created by Entri’s Top Experts.
- Mock tests available in bilingual and other regional languages
- Download Entri to access the unlimited mock test.
Navigating through Entri
- Open your Entri App go to the APPSC Tab and check the mock tests.
- You can check courses and Mock test for other examinations as well
- Subscribe to our Mock Test and clear your examination with flying colors.
Ace your preparation. That is where Entri comes in. It helps you to prepare effectively for your Exam.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope your idea of joining into any of the above organization is clearer now. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.