Table of Contents
International Day for Achievers, observed on March 24th every year, is a day to honor those who have achieved something in any field. It is a day to celebrate achievers and their strong sense of purpose and confidence. It’s also a day to strive to become an achiever. The day honors those who have enhanced the life of others and made an impact in making the world a better place.
Achievers are people who make goals and do what it takes to reach their goals successfully. They can be from any field – scientist, doctor, teacher, social worker etc. They are the ones who had a goal, worked consistently towards achieving it, persisted until they achieved their goals. Discipline, confidence, adaptability, determination and commitment are some of the qualities that set these achievers apart from the commoners. This day is about celebrating purpose driven people with solid ambition and willpower.
International Day for Achievers – Significance
The day has been established to recognize all achievers who otherwise wouldn’t even be known. It gives fame and recognition to those who have achieved something. Such people inspires others to have passion, faith and hope, and a positive attitude towards achieving their goals. They need not necessarily be for financial gain, but can be for enriching the lives of others.
How to Observe International Day for Achievers?
International Day for Achievers should serve as an encouragement for each and every one of us to make a difference and have a positive effect on others. It should serve the purpose of reminding all of us that we too can achieve our dreams and goals. It can be observed in the following ways:
- Learn about famous achievers like JK Rowling, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Deepak Chopra, Albert Einstein etc.
- Celebrate the achievements of those around you, those who have always goes above and beyond to help others.
- Set a goal you would like to achieve.
- Read books on achieving goals, such as Your Best Year Ever, The Art of Setting SMART Goals, and The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- Help your children realize the importance of setting goals and trying to reach them.
- Schools can award students who have made exemplary achievements in their field of study.
- Employers also recognize employees who have made outstanding achievements in their profession.
How to Become An Achiever?
Achievements never come easily. There’s a lot that one has to endure in his /her path towards achieving the goals. That said, it’s not impossible either. Let us have a look at some of the qualities a person should have to become an achiever.
- First and foremost, have a clear purpose. It should be something you are passionate about. This will serve as your motivation especially during periods of failure.
- Be consistent. It takes effort to become good or do something great. As we mentioned earlier, nothing comes easily.
- Have the courage to face adversities that might come your way.
- Perseverance is the key. As the saying goes, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
International Day for Achievers should inspire us, help us have a clear vision of what we want and encourage us to work diligently towards achieving it. The achievers we hear and read about are not the ones who have donned a magical cape around them but are normal people who have worked for something they have believed in.