Table of Contents
Are you aspiring to crack the KEAMS 2021? Find a valid piece of information in this article. This article will help you to understand the exam dates, syllabus and eligibility criteria for KEAM 2021 entrance exam. Check here to get a thorough knowledge about the KEAM syllabus, KEAM eligibility and KEAM 2021 exam date.
What is KEAM?
KEAM – Kerala Engineering, Agricultural and Medical Entrance Exam (KEAM) is a highly prestigious examination conducting annually at the state level. The KEAMS examination is conducted by the Commission of Entrance Examination (CEE) to offer admission to the most eligible and interested candidates in BTech courses. The examination offers admission to those candidates who are interested in studying both government and private colleges in Kerala.
The KEAMS examination is a highly competitive exam as the number of candidates attending the examination is increasing yearly. The admission will truly be based on the marks obtained in the 12th class and the rank list published after the KEAMS exam. As per the norms of the government, some of the seats are reserved for candidates belonging to specific categories. If you are aspiring to crack the examination, the candidates should start the preparation at the earliest.
KEAM 2021 Entrance Exam
CEE Kerala has issued an official notification on the website declaring the beginning of the registration for the KEAM 2021 entrance exam. The portal is open for registration from June 1 onwards. The due date to apply for the upcoming KEAM exam 2021 is 21 June 2021. The fee payment should be done within 21st June 2021. The admission date for the
Engineering/Pharmacy courses have also been issued by the official authority. CEE has decided to conduct the exam on 24th July 2021. The candidates can visit the official website to get access to the recent updates about the KEAM exam. The official website of CEE is cee.kerala.gov.in. The registered candidates can only access the admit card for KEAM 2021. The CEE has planned to conduct the KEAM exam 2021 in two papers, namely, Paper I and Paper-II. Paper I consist of subjects chemistry and physics and paper II is purely dedicated to the subject mathematics.
KEAM 2021 Important Dates
The CEE Kerala has officially declared the important dates for the KEAM 2021 exam. The candidates can check the official website for recent updates.
|KEAM Entrance 2021 Events||KEAM Entrance 2021 Dates|
|KEAM 2021 notification release date||01st June 2021|
|KEAM 2021 registration date||01st June 2021 to 21st June 2021|
|KEAM 2021 rectification of the mistakes||Will be notified soon|
|Upload rectified documents||30th June 2021|
|KEAM 2021 release of the admit card||14th July 2021|
|KEAM 2021 exam dates||24th July 2021|
|Issuing of answer keys||Will be updated soon|
|Time for raising objections||Will be updated soon|
|Result declaration||15th September 2021|
|Last date of verification||Will be updated soon|
|rank list publication||Will be updated soon|
|Rectifying the mistakes and issuing the final rank list||Will be updated soon|
|KEAM 2021 Counselling date||Will be updated soon|
|KEAM 2021 Counselling Mop-Up Round Allotment date||Will be updated soon|
KEAM 2021 Syllabus Structure
The first step to crack any entrance exam is tight preparation without any compromise. The candidates should first understand the updated syllabus structure to make the preparation effective and fruitful. Now, have a glimpse at the syllabus for the upcoming KEAM exam 2021.
According to the proposed syllabus, three subjects will be there for the upcoming KEAM entrance exam 2021. They are namely Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. The entrance test will be conducted separately from paper I and Paper-II. Paper I consist of subjects physics and chemistry whereas paper II consist of Mathematics as the core paper. If you want to get admission to the desired college, you need to prepare with utmost sincerity. The candidates should first learn and understand the complete syllabus structure.
The previous year question papers can also help the candidates to score top ranks. The syllabus for the KEAM exam is prescribed by CEE Kerala. The syllabus will be purely based on classes 11 and 12. The prescribed syllabus can cover the topics in the 11th and 12th classes. So, the candidates can prepare well according to the syllabus structure. Paper 1 exam will be conducted out of 120 questions. The first paper for the exam is purely based on physics and chemistry. Let’s binge into the important topics and sections for the KEAM exam 2021.
The subject physics includes the following topics. Download the KEAM syllabus PDF from the official website.
Detailed Topics and description
|Units||Topics||Detailed Topics in the Unit|
|1||Introduction and Measurement||
|2||Description Of Motion In One Dimension||
|3||Description Of Motion In Two And Three Dimensions||
|4||Laws Of Motion||
|5||Work, Energy And Power||
|6||Motion of System Of Particles And Rigid Body Rotation||
|8||Mechanics of Solids and Fluids||
|9||Heat and Thermodynamics||
|14||Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism||
|15||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current||
|18||Dual Nature Of Matter And Radiations||
|20||Solids and Semiconductor Devices||
|21||Principles Of Communications||
Important Topics in KEAM Physics Syllabus
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy & Power
- The motion of System of Particles & Rigid Body Rotation
- Solids & Semiconductor Devices
- Current Electricity
- Introduction & Measurement
- Description of Motion in One Dimension
- Description of Motion in Two & Three Dimension
- Mechanics of Solids & Fluids
- Heat & Thermodynamics
|Units||Topics||Details Topics in the Unit|
|1||Basic Concepts and Atomic Structure||
|2||Bonding And Molecular Structure||
|3||States of Matter
|4||Periodic Properties of Elements And Hydrogen||
|5||S-Block Elements and Principles of Metallurgy||
|7||D-Block and F-Block Elements||
|11||Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry||
|14||Coordination Compounds and Organometallics||
|15||Basic Principles, Purification and Characterization Of Organic Compounds||
|17||Organic Reaction Mechanism||
|19||Organic Compounds With Functional Groups Containing Halogens
|20||Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen||
|21||Organic Compounds With Functional Groups Containing Nitrogen Amines||
|22||Polymers and Biomolecules
|23||Environmental Chemistry and Chemistry In Everyday Life||
Important Topics in KEAM Chemistry Syllabus
- Basic Concepts and Atomic Structure
- Coordination Compounds & Organometallics
- Basics Principles, Purification & Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Block Elements
- States of Matter
- Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Periodic Properties of Elements & Hydrogen
Paper-II: Mathematics Syllabus
|Units||Topics||Details Topics in the Unit|
Important topics in KEAM Mathematics Syllabus
- 3D Geometry
- Differential Equations
- Application of Derivatives
- Indefinite Integrals
- Family of Lines
- Quadratic Equations
- Linear In equations
- Mathematical Logic
- Sets, Relation & Functions
- Complex Numbers
- Boolean Algebra
- Trigonometric Functions
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2021
- The CEE Kerala has issued the eligibility criteria for those applicants who wish to apply for the exam. There are various parameters for applying to write the entrance exam. The candidates are advised to visit the official website for more recent updates
- The authority has set various parameters for candidates applying for the state level common entrance test. The eligibility criteria of KEAM 2021. Failing to comply with the same, candidates will not be allowed to appear for KEAM 2021 exam.
- The eligibility criteria for KEAM 2021 will be based on the following parameters namely age, KEAM stream wise eligibility, and nationality & KEAM native criteria.
- The minimum eligibility criteria to appear for KEAM is possessing a valid pass certificate in the class 12 examination. However, OCI (Overseas Citizens of India) and PIO (Persons of Indian Origin) candidates are also eligible to apply.
KEAM Age Requirement
Only those candidates are eligible to appear for the entrance exam who have completed 17 years of age as of December 31, 2021. Candidates shall not be awarded any relaxation in the minimum age requirement. There is no upper age limit to apply for KEAM 2021.
Out of the total seats available for admissions in various courses through this entrance exam, some seats will be reserved for different categories.
KEAM Education Qualification
The educational qualification for KEAM 2021 will be different for various engineering programmes offered. However, the minimum eligibility criteria are that a candidate should have passed Class 12 with science subjects.
Check the course wise KEAM eligibility criteria below:
Qualification for engineering courses
Candidates are eligible to apply for programmes such as BTech (Ag. Engg.) and BTech (Food Engg.) and BTech (Dairy Science & Technology) if they fulfil the below-mentioned criteria:
- Must have cleared the HSC exam of Kerala or equivalent from a recognised board
- Must have secured a minimum 50% marks in Mathematics, as well as 50% aggregate in Physics and Chemistry
However, candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 45% aggregate in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together are eligible for admission under Management Quota in Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges/Government Controlled Self Financing Engineering Colleges.
- In case, a candidate has not studied Chemistry, the marks obtained in Computer Science shall be considered
- In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry and Computer Science, the marks obtained in Biotechnology shall be considered
- In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry, Computer Science and Biotechnology, the marks obtained in Biology shall be considered
The marks as shown in the mark list of the qualifying examination obtained from the respective Higher Secondary Board shall be considered for determining academic eligibility
Qualification for BTech (DSc & Tech)
Candidates are eligible to apply under this category if they have:
- Passed HSC exam of Kerala or its equivalent with 50% marks in Mathematics or Biology
- Secured an aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology
Such candidates will need to pursue a make-up course in Basic Mathematics (2+0) credits or Applied Biology (1+1) credit as the case may be.
Relaxation in marks
- Candidates belonging to socially and economically backward classes get a relaxation of 5% in minimum marks obtained in the qualifying examination requirement
- They only need 45% marks in Mathematics/ Biology and 45% aggregate in Mathematics/ Biology, Physics and Chemistry put together
KEAM Nationality Criteria
Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for KEAM 2021. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders shall be treated at par with Indian citizens for admission. However, PIO/OCI candidates will not be eligible to claim any relaxation meant for reserved category candidates. Indian citizens will further be classified as Keralites and Non-Keralites on the following basis:
Nativity for Keralite
KEAM 2021 eligibility criteria state that candidates who are of Kerala origin shall be categorised as Keralite for admission. Here, candidates whose parents are All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to the Kerala cadre also fall in this category. However, such candidates should produce a certificate from the competent authority showing that their parent/parents are an AIS officer allotted to the Kerala cadre. But they will not be eligible for Communal/Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
KEAM 2021: An Overview
|Name of the conducting body||Commission of Entrance Examination (CEE)|
|Name of the examination||Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical Entrance Exam|
|Mode of the exam||Offline|
|Duration of exam||2 hrs 30 min|
|Number of candidates||1,83,823|
|Number of colleges||168 colleges|
KEAM 2021 Submitting Application
CEE Kerala has released the KEAM application form for the entrance exam 2021. The application can be given in online mode. The portal is open from April. Along with the notification, the dates for the exam has also been released. Before the due date, the candidates should make sure to follow the given below instructions and submit the application form without further delay.
- Candidates are advised to register online. The candidates can log in to the official website CEE Kerala – cee.kerala.gov.in.
- Candidates should give the basic individual information
- Create an application number and password to log in
- Memorise the application number and password so that the candidates can use them for further logins
- Fill the application form given on the official site
- Candidates should enter their personal, educational, income, reservation details in the application.
- Next, candidates should upload the scanned images of the photograph
- Along with the photograph, the signature with the specifications should be uploaded
- According to the official instruction, the photograph, signature and left thumb impression should be 150 pixels and 100 pixels in height.
- The candidates can now pay the fees for application according to the instruction, for the general candidates the application fees is Rs. 700 and for the SC/ST candidates, the application fees are Rs. 300.
- The candidates should take the printout of the application form
- Print out the application form can be kept safe with the candidates and should not be sent to the CEE office.
Submit the application and make sure to prepare for the upcoming examination in the right way. You can refer to online study materials and applications like Entri App to ace your preparation!