Table of Contents
Kerala PSC released the notification of the Kerala PC Degree Level exam date. Kerala PSC has postponed the exam dates and is about to consider the preliminary exam. The candidates can check the official website of Kerala PSC to gather more information regarding the degree level exam 2021.
Kerala PSC Divisional Accounts Officer Recruitment 2021 Notification – Important Dates
|Starting for online applications||23rd February 2021|
|Deadline for online application||14th March 2021|
|Admit Card Release||September 2021|
Keep track of the dates and schedule preparation for the exam accordingly as preparation is the key to success. Now that we are aware of the important details let us look into the criteria that allow the candidate to be eligible to appear in the examination.
Kerala PSC Divisional Accountant Eligibility Criteria 2021
- For candidates belonging to Ezhava, Muslim, LC/AI, OBC category the age limit is 18-39. That is the candidates born between 02.01.1980 and 01.01.2001 (both dates included)
- For Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, the age limit is 18-41. That is the candidates born between 02.01.1978 and 01.01.2001 (both dates included).
2. Educational Qualification
Candidates should be an MCom Degree graduate from a recognized University or a pass in inter Examination of Charted Accountant /Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India.
For candidates belonging to SC/ST Communities, a Degree from a recognized University is sufficient.
- Candidates should produce the relevant government order to prove the equivalency if they hold an equivalent qualification other than the ones mentioned above.
- At the time of certificate verification, candidates should produce a Gazette Notification along with a Non-Creamy Layer /Community certificate if there is any difference in the original Caste/Community claimed in the application and that entered in SSLC Book.
Kerala PSC Divisional Accountant Exam Pattern 2021
Keeping yourself acquainted with the exam pattern is one of the prime factors in cracking any examination. The examination pattern is as follows.
|Paper||Subjects||Maximum Marks||Minimum marks required to pass|
|Paper 1||General Knowledge Precis and General English 1||150||60|
|Paper 2||Elementary Book Keeping||150||60|
|Paper 3||Arithmetic and mensuration (Elementary but practical)||200||100|
- The duration for each paper is 3 hours
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST a separate minimum of 30% for the paper I and II and 35% for paper III is the qualifying percentage.
- For all other Candidates, the pass percentage is 40% for paper 1 and 2 and 50% for paper 3
- Candidates are not allowed to appear in the examination more than three times. A declaration in this regard should be produced as and when called for by the committee.
The selection for divisional accounts officer is conducted by the Kerala PSC in three different stages
Phase 1: Written Examination
Phase 2: Personal Interview
Phase 3: Document Verification
Kerala PSC Divisional Accountant Syllabus 2021
1. General Knowledge
- To test the ability of the candidates to write in clear and simple English
- Cover questions on general knowledge
- Precis of a given passage
- General English
2. Elementary Book Keeping
This paper is elementary in nature. The prescribed textbooks are “The Students Complete Commercial Book Keeping, Accounting, and Banking” by Arthur Fieldhouse and “Advanced Accounts” by R.N. Carter.
The important topics are
- Book Keeping up to Trial Balance
- Profit and Loss and Trading – Accounts and Balance sheet
- Depreciation, Sinking Fund, Reserves, Reserve Funds, Secret Reserve
- Bills of Exchange, Promissory Notes, Cheques
- The portion relating to Voyage Account.
- Self-Balancing Ledgers
- Capital and Revenue, Revenue Account, Receipts and Payments Accounts, Income, and Expenditure Account.
- Cost Book Mining Company and Manufacturing and Working Accounts
- Cost Accounts.
- Double Account system
3. Arithmetic and Mensuration
The standard of this subject is the same as that prescribed for the Matriculation or the School Leaving Certificate Examination. The prescribed book is “Mensuration for Indian Schools and Colleges.” part I by Pierpoint
How to Apply Online for Kerala PSC Divisional Accountant 2021?
Candidates must register themselves within the Kerala PSC “thulasi”, just one occasion Registration Portal After the just one occasion registration is completed, the candidate can begin the appliance for the post of Divisional Accounts Officer
- Login to your account (created using Username and Password).
- Candidates must click on the ‘Apply now’ button of the respective posts within the Notification Link to apply for a post.
- The photographs used should be taken after 31/12/2010. The name of the candidate and therefore the date of the photograph taken should be printed legibly at rock bottom portion. The photograph once used meeting all requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading.
- No application fee is required.
- Candidates should take a printout of the appliance by clicking the link Registration Card in their profile.
- Candidates should confirm to enter the acceptable personal information during the time of registration. Candidates are responsible to take care of the secrecy of the password.
- The application submitted is provisional and can’t be deleted or altered after submission. However, the applications are often rejected if any noncompliance with the notification is found during the processing stage.
- Documents to prove qualification, age, community, etc need to be produced as and when called you’re asked for it. Hence keep the documents ready
- If the Written/OMR/Online Test is conducted as a part of this selection, candidates should submit a confirmation for writing the examination through their just one occasion Registration profile.
- The important dates regarding the submission of the confirmation and therefore the availability of Admission Tickets are going to be published within the Examination Calendar. Information during this regard is going to be given to the candidates within the irrespective profiles and in the mobile number registered in it.
- Candidates who have AADHAAR card should add AADHAAR card as ID proof in their profile.
- Candidates shall appear face to face for verification of the first documents on the date, time, and venue allotted by the Commission, at their own expense.
General information when uploading Photograph
- The photo to be uploaded is often in Colour/black and white.
- The face and shoulder of the aspirant should be clearly visible.
- The photo’s height should be 200 pixels and width should be 150 pixels.
- The file size shouldn’t exceed 30kb and it should be in JPG format
- The background of the photo should be either light-colored or white in color
- The eyes should be open
- Face should be centrally focused
- Photograph wearing cap goggles, (except cap, a veil worn in adherence to spiritual custom), photographs showing some of the face, photo with unclear face shall not be accepted.