In Kerala PSC Fireman Trainee recruitment tests, the exam syllabus includes questions from the First-Aid procedures too. Candidates can expect 5-10 questions regarding the First-Aid procedures in the common test. Since Fire and Rescue department is working in the frontend during different disasters the employee should know the basic First-Aid procedures. Here we are discussing some basic First-Aid questions to ace your preparations.
Kerala PSC Fireman Trainee First-Aid Questions
Fireman Trainee Syllabus
- First Aid
- Physics and Chemistry
- Indian Constitution
- Computer Science
- Arts, Sports, Literature
- Current Affairs
- General English
- Simple Arithmetic and
- Mental Ability
Kerala PSC Fireman Trainee Previous Year Question Papers
Click here to download Kerala PSC Fireman’s previous year question papers free pdf.
Fireman Trainee First-Aid Questions
- What is the recommended compression to rescue breath ratio while performing CPR on an adult person in cardiac arrest?
Ans: 2 compressions: 30 rescue breaths.
- What is the most suitable method to control nose bleed?
Ans: Sit the person down, lean forward and pinch the soft part of the nostril
- What is the technique used for opening the airway of an unconscious person?
Ans: Head tilt and Chin Lift
- Which medical condition will develop from severe blood loss?A. Shock.B. Hypoglycaemia.C. Anaphylaxis.
- What names are given to the three different depths of burns?A. Small, medium and large.B. First, second and third-degree.C. Minor, medium and severe.
D. Superficial, partial thickness, full-thickness.
Ans: Superficial, partial thickness, full-thickness.
- What is faint?A. A response to fear.B. An unexpected collapse.C. A brief loss of consciousness.
D. A sign of flu.
Ans: A brief loss of consciousness.
- What steps would you take to control bleeding from a nosebleed?A. Sit casualty down, lean forward and pinch the soft part of the nose.B. Sit casualty down, lean backwards and pinch the soft part of the nose.C. Lie casualty down and pinch the soft part of the nose.
D. Lie casualty down and pinch the top of the nose.
Ans: Sit casualty down, lean forward and pinch the soft part of the nose.
- For a victim with burned hand, put the hand in the cool water if,
A. There are burns with open blisters.
B. The burns are very deep.
C. There are burns with no open blisters.
D. All of the above.
Ans: All of the above.
- A victim has lost a lot of blood through a deep cut in his leg. He is breathing fast and seems pail and restless. He is probably in…….A. Choking.B. Shock.C. Stroke.D. Heart Shock.
- Splint an injury to a muscle, bone, or jointly only when…….
A. Both B and C.
B. You have to move or transport the victim
C. You can do so without hurting the patient.
D. None of them.
Ans: Both B and C.
- What is the cause of angina?
A. Insufficient blood reaching the lungs.
B. Insufficient blood reaching the brain.
C. Insufficient blood reaching the heart muscle.
D. Insufficient blood reaching the leg muscles.
Ans: Insufficient blood reaching the heart muscle
- What should a casualty with a severe allergy carry at all times?
- Which test should you use if you suspect that a casualty has had a stroke?
A. Face, Arms, Speech, Test.
B. Alert, Voice, Pain, Unresponsive.
C. The response, Airway, Breathing, Circulation.
D. Pulse, Respiratory Rate, Temperature
Ans: Face, Arms, Speech, Test.
- What should your first action be when treating an electrical burn?
A. Ensure that the casualty is still breathing.
B. Wash the burn with cold water.
C. Ensure that contact with the electrical source is broken.
D. Check for level of response.
Ans: Check for danger and ensure that contact with the electrical source is broken.
- What is an open fracture?
A. A fracture in which the bone ends can move around.
B. A fracture in which the bone is exposed as the skin is broken.
C. A fracture which causes complications such as a punctured lung.
D. A fracture in which the bone has bent and split.
Ans: A fracture in which the bone is exposed as the skin is broken.
- What are the first aid measures for saving a choking infant?
Ans: 5 back blows and 5 chest thrusts
- A person while having food suddenly stands up and hold his neck showing some discomfort to talk. What should be done during this situation?
Ans: Perform Abdominal thrust till his/ her airways clear.
Click here to download Kerala Fire and Rescue Services First Aid Booklet free pdf
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.