Table of Contents
The Kerala Public Service Commission released the recruitment notification, Kerala PSC LDC Recruitment 2024 on their official website. The Kerala Public Service Commission is the official body that is responsible for recruiting eligible candidates to the post of Lower division clerk to various districts of Kerala under various departments. This is a highly competitive examination and candidates should prepare well for this examination and gain as much information as possible regarding this exam and start their preparations early. In this article we can discuss the Job profile of the Lower division clerk post, Kerala PSC LDC Job Profile 2024.
Kerala PSC LDC Recruitment 2024: Highlights
|Post Name||Lower Division Clerk|
|Number of Vacancies||Various|
|Selection Process||Direct Recruitment|
|Mode of Apply||Online|
|Last Date of Application||03/01/2024/|
Kerala PSC LDC Job Profile 2024
Lower division clerks are considered as the basic level employees representing the government organization. The various duties and responsibilities of a lower division clerk usually includes various activities such as running errands, maintaining the information records, reporting the workplace in an orderly manner etc. Given below are the duties and responsibilities that need to be undertaken by candidates who get selected to the post of Kerala Public Service Commission Lower Division Clerk.
- Data entry jobs and mail registrations
- Maintaining documents and records
- Running clerical errands and maintaining the workflow in the office
- Receiving documents
- Maintenance of files, registers indexing and handling the process of registrations
- Preparations of drafts and statements
- Giving relevant documents for their senior employees
- Compose official letters, notices and various other authority archives
- Office supervision
- Preparing salary slips for the staffs
- Gathering data as said by seniors etc
Kerala PSC LDC Recruitment 2024: Additional Benefits
Apart from the basic salary the Kerala Public Service Commission offers various other allowances and perks for the employees getting selected for the post of lower division clerk. These allowances may vary based on certains factors such as posting location of the candidate and basic government departmental rules. Given below are a list of allowances and benefits that a lower division clerk can claim for after he successfully completes his selection process
- Dearness allowances – Candidates getting selected to the post of Lower division clerk can claim for a dearness allowance of 15 percent in a metro city that will be revised every 3 months in november, august, may and february. Dearness allowances will be based on the consumer price index stated by the Government Of India. This allowance will also be directly proportional to the inflation rate
- Housing Rent Allowances – A lower division clerk employee gets a housing allowance of Rs 2400 and also a company leased accommodation for which he has to pay the monthly rent.
- Transport allowances – An LDA employee gets travel allowances by which he can travel locally and otherwise at concessional rates. This differs based on the area of posting of the candidates
- Apart from the above mentioned perks a LDA can also get other benefits such as medical benefits, monthly benefits etc
As of now a candidate selected to the post of Lower division clerk by the Kerala Public Service Commission need not undergo any probation period, any changes in this from the newly released notification will be updated soon after the release of the official notification.
Kerala PSC LDC 2024 Career Growth
After completing one year of office successfully there are chances that the candidate selected for the post of LDC can get promoted to the post of Upper division clerk and then the Gazetted post for which he has to undergo a UDC test conducted by the SSC.
Kerala PSC LDC Salary structure and Annual Package 2024: Salary Scale
The annual salary package for the post of Lower division clerk as per the previous years recruitment process that was released by the Kerala Public Service Commission falls in the range of Rs 2,28,000 and Rs 5,23,200 including all the incentives and perks. There was no probation period also for the candidates appearing for this examination. The main attraction of the Kerala Public Service Commission Lower division clerk is not just limited to attractive salary packages, this being a government job has a lot of additional perks, allowances and incentives like dearness allowance, housing rent allowances etc. Since the official notification for Kerala PSC LDC Recruitment 2023 has not been released yet all the candidates are advised strongly to visit their official web portal regularly in order to track any further updates regarding this examination. The basic salary structure and details of the Kerala PSC LDC post is given below candidates can refer to this table to get an in depth idea regarding the salary structure of the Lower division clerk as per the previous years recruitment pattern. We expect this to be the same this year also however any changes shall be updated here as soon as the commission releases the official notification.
|Name of the post||Lower division clerk|
|Pay Range||Rs 19000 – Rs 43,600|
|Allowances||Dearness allowance – 15%, Housing rent allowance and CCA – Rs 2400|
|Current Basic pay||Rs 27,800|
|In hand salary||Rs 28,500|
- What are the primary responsibilities of a Kerala PSC LDC?
- The primary responsibilities of a Kerala PSC LDC include data entry, record keeping, file maintenance, correspondence, and other clerical and administrative tasks as assigned by their superiors.
- Is the Kerala PSC LDC job desk-bound or involves fieldwork?
- The Kerala PSC LDC job is predominantly desk-bound and involves office-based tasks. However, there may be occasions when LDCs are required to carry out fieldwork or attend to administrative duties outside the office.
- What skills and qualifications are required to become a Kerala PSC LDC?
- To become a Kerala PSC LDC, candidates generally need to have at least a high school (10th standard) education. Additionally, good typing skills in Malayalam and English are often required. Basic computer knowledge and familiarity with office software are also important.
- What is the probation period for Kerala PSC LDCs?
- The probation period for Kerala PSC LDCs is usually for a specified duration, during which their performance is evaluated. Once they successfully complete the probationary period, they become permanent employees.
- Are Kerala PSC LDCs entitled to any leaves and benefits?
- Yes, Kerala PSC LDCs are entitled to various leaves, including casual leave, earned leave, and medical leave, as per government rules. They are also eligible for other employee benefits, such as medical facilities and pension schemes.
|Kerala PSC LDC Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC LDC Notification||Kerala PSC LDC Selection Process|
|Kerala PSC LDC Syllabus||Kerala PSC LDC Mock Test|
|Kerala PSC LDC Exam Date||Kerala PSC LDC Video Course|
|Kerala PSC LDC Application Form||Kerala PSC LDC Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC LDC Vacancy||Kerala PSC LDC Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC LDC Admit Card||Kerala PSC LDC Salary|
|Kerala PSC LDC Study Plan||Kerala PSC LDC Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC LDC Previous Question Papers||Kerala PSC LDC Result|
|Kerala PSC LDC Best Books||Kerala PSC LDC Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC LDC Eligibility Criteria||Kerala PSC LDC Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC LDC Answer Key|