Kerala PSC Office Superintendent is the statewide recruitment conducted by the PSC through the Plus Two Level common exam. From this year onwards, PSC conducts twos stages of recruitment tests to find the perfect candidates. Since the required education qualification for the post is higher secondary education, aspirants for the Officer superintendent posts should appear for the Plus Two Level Common preliminary exam, and based on their performance in this they will get shortlisted for the main exam for the post. Thus selected candidates will be placed on the salary scale of Rs. 36600-79200/- in Kerala Public Service Commission Department. Here we are discussing Kerala PSC SuperintendentSyllabus in detail.
Kerala PSC Office Superintendent Syllabus 2021
PSC shortlist the suitable candidates for the Office Superintendent post in the Kerala Public Service Commission department through the Plus Two Level Preliminary exam. Based on their performance in the common test, they will be shortlisted, and then have to clear the post-specific test of the Office Superintendent. Let’s check the mark distribution and the detailed syllabus for the Phase-II exam of the Kerala PSC Office Superintendent:
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||5|
|Regional Language (Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil)||20|
|Basics of Public Relations||5|
Kerala PSC Office Superintendent: General Knowledge
- Facts about India
- Geography of India – Physical features – Climate – Soils – Rivers – Famous sites – etc.
- Demography – Economic and social development – Poverty alleviation –Economy and planning – etc.
- History of India – Period from 1857 to 1947 – National movement
- Five Year Plans
- Facts about Kerala
- Geographical Facts – Physical features – Climate – Soils – Rivers – Famous sites – Economic and Social devices – Historical importance – etc.
- Renaissance in Kerala: Important Events/ Movements/ Leaders: Brahmananda Swami Sivayogi, Chattampi Swami, Sree Narayana Guru, Vagbhatananda, Thycaud Ayya, Ayya Vaikundar, Poikayil Yohannan (Kumara
Guru), Ayyankali, Pandit Karuppan, Mannathu Padmanabhan, V . T. Bhattathirippad, Dr. Palpu, Kumaranasan, Vakkom Moulavi, Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara, Etc.
- Current Affairs: Important world, national and regional events related to the political and scientific fields, sports, cinema and literature etc.
Computer Word Processing ( Word 2007, Excel 2007, Powerpoint 2007)
- Basics of Computer – Input devices, Output devices, Hardware, Software, Memory, Storage devices, Latest Peripherals, E-mail, Browsers, Search Engine, Social Networking, Antivirus Softwares, Unicode, Websites, Windows.
- MS Word: Introduction, Word Window, Title bar, Ribbon, Status bar, Toolbar
- Document – Create, Open, Save, Print, Close
- Font – size, style, effects.
- Formatting Paragraph – Bold, Italics, Underline, Justify, Bullets and Numbering, Dropcap, Change case, Alignment, Tab setting, Line spacing, Character spacing, Styles and Editing, Cut, Copy, Paste.
Shortcut keys and function keys
- Insert- Tables, Pictures, Cliparts, Shapes, Page number, Headers and Footers, Symbols, Links, word art.
- Page layout- Page size, Margin, Line spacing, Orientation, Indentation
- Creation of Table of contents, Index, Footnotes and endnotes
- Mail merge, proofreading, add or remove comments
- Views – different page views, guides, rulers
- Introduction of Excel – Adding and Removing Workbook, Rows and Columns Formatting a Cell, Different functions in Excel, Charts, Pivot Table, Sort, Filter, Conditional Formatting, Creating formulas, Inserting date and time, Data validation. Shortcut keys.
- Powerpoint: Inserting and Deleting a Slide, Views
- Inserting chart, diagram, SmartArt, Sound, Video, Slide number, Links, Date and Time, Page setup, Slide orientation, Slide show, Slide Layout, Arrange objects on the slide
Office Superintendent: Type Writing
- History of Typewriter, Keys of Typewriter, Parts of Typewriter, Cleaning a Typewriter, Rocker Mechanism, Dog block, Movements of Typewriter, Officials abbreviation, Functions of Typewriter, Symbols.
Office Superintendent: General English
- Comprehension Passage: A comprehension Passage is useful (to test the accuracy and clarity) of the
- Synonyms and Antonyms can be asked from the passage.
- It can test the Past tense / Past participle of the Verb of a given word from
- Different aspects of grammatical usages can be tested
- To give one-word answers
- Editing: Capitalization, Punctuation eg. (exclamation marks, column), Sentence Correction, Subject-verb agreement (eg. Police are looking for the thief)
- English usage in day to day affairs.
- The incomplete sentence in dialogues are asked to complete them using question tags/usages such as had better, not only – but also if clause etc. conditional clauses (eg. Unless)
- Idioms and Phrases: Idioms that are commonly used can be asked by giving options. eg: It is a red-letter day for me.
- Word order and sentence order: Jumbled sentences can be given, A given sentence is inverted so that different options may be given for selecting the correct answer.
- Basic Grammar: Article, Preposition, Tenses, Clauses, Phrasal Verbs
- Voice: Active and Passive
- Reported Speech
- Spell Check
Regional Language: Malayalam
- വിപരീത പദം
- ശൈലികൾ പഴഞ്ചൊല്ലുകൾ
- സ്ത്രീലിംഗം പുല്ലിംഗം
- ഘടക പദം (വാക്യം ചേർത്തെഴുതുക)
Regional Language: Kannada
- Word Purity / Correct Word
- Correct Sentence
- One Word / Single Word / One Word Substitution
- Idioms and Proverbs
- Equivalent Word
- Join the Word
- Feminine Gender, Masculine Gender
- Sort and Write
Regional Language: Tamil
- Correct Word
- Correct Structure of Sentence
- Single Word
- Antonyms / Opposite
- Phrases and Proverbs
- Equal Word
- Join the Word
- Gender Classification – Feminine, Masculine
- Singular, Plural
- Adding Phrases
Basics of Public Relation
- Customer relationship management – Internal Public and external public – media releases – brochures.
Click here to download the Kerala PSC Officer Superintendent Syllabus Free PDF
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming Kerala PSC Office Superintendent 2021 examinations. Start your Plus Two, SSLC, and Degree Level common main exams 2021 preparation today itself with our free mock tests. Entri will help you with thousands of questions, video classes, previous year question paper discussions, personal mentorship etc.