Table of Contents
The Government has decided to hold the State Eligibility Test for aspirants to be recruited as Higher Secondary School Teachers and Non-Vocational Teachers in VHSE to ensure the standards of education in Higher Secondary Course. According to the Special Rules in effect, passing the State Eligibility Test (SET) is a necessary prerequisite for employment as a Higher Secondary Educator in the State.
The Government has assigned the conduct of the Kerala SET 2022 Exam based on the curriculum authorised by the Board of Examinations for the conduct of the State Eligibility Test to the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, as per G.O.(Rt)No.2138/11/Gl.Edn. dated 6/6/2011. Before filling out the online application, aspirants are advised to should read the Prospectus thoroughly to familiarise themselves with the laws and regulations.
|Exam is organized by
|Name of Exam
|Kerala State Eligibility Test
|Government of Kerala
|Application submission commencement date
|20th October 2021
|Final date for submission of application
|3rd November 2021
|Admit Card Release date
|20th December 2021
|Exam Date as per notification
|9th January 2022
Kerala SET Selection Process 2022
For the SET- JANUARY – 2022, there will be two papers. The questions in both papers will be objective and based on a single response, i.e., for each question, four suggested responses (A, B, C, D) will be provided, only one of which will be the most appropriate answer, and candidates will have to select and mark their response in the appropriate space provided in the OMR Answer Sheets. Participants will receive 1 mark for each accurate response in both papers, except for Mathematics and Statistics, which will receive 1.5 marks for each correct response. It is considered an improper answer if you mark more than one response to a question. For wrong replies, no marks will be lost.
Kerala SET 2022 Paper 1 Exam Pattern
The first paper is the same for all applicants. It is divided into two sections: Part (A) General Knowledge and Part (B) Teaching Aptitude. Paper 1 will include 120 questions, including 60 questions in each of Part A and Part B. There will be one mark for each question. Each paper will have a time limit of 120 minutes for the test.
Kerala SET 2022 Paper 2 Exam Pattern
Paper-II will be an examination based on the candidate’s area of specialisation at the postgraduate (PG) level. As indicated, there will be 31 subjects for Paper-II of the SET-JANUARY-2022. Candidates with qualifications in disciplines other than those listed in table 1 must-have Equivalency and Eligibility Certificates issued by any of Kerala’s institutions. Except for Mathematics and Statistics, all topics in Paper-II will have 120 questions for one mark each. There will be just 80 questions in Mathematics and Statistics, each worth 1.5 points.
The following is the minimum condition for passing the State Eligibility Test:
|Paper I (in %)
|Paper-II (in %)
|Total (in %)
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)
|PwD/ VH/ PH/ SC/ ST
Document Required for Kerala SET 2022 Verification
Eligible applicants must submit the following document for verification to the Director, LBS Centre, Nandavanam, Thiruvananthapuram.
- A completed application form for the SET JANUARY- 2022 Certificate, which was acquired from the LBS Centre’s official website.
- If appropriate, a certificate of recognition and equivalency from any of Kerala’s universities.
- In the event of candidates with qualifications in disciplines other than those listed in Clause 2.2, an Equivalency Certificate from any of Kerala’s universities is required.
- Original Caste/Category certificate of the candidate qualified for a pass waiver of minimal marks (valid for SET-JANUARY-2022 online registration).
- Affidavits from a Gazetted Officer attesting to the authenticity of the following documents
- PG Degree Provisional/Original Certificate with Mark list/Grade Sheet
- Ed Degree Provisional/Original Certificate
Kerala SET 2022 Exam Allotment and Issuance of Certificates
- Candidates who have been deemed successful in the exam must submit their qualifying certificates together with their application for a SET certificate within one year of the date of publication of the test results.
- Those who apply for a SET certificate after one year has passed since the results were published must pay a late fee of Rs.500/- (Rs. Five hundred only) for the following year and an extra Rs.250/- (Rs. Two hundred and fifty only) for each subsequent year. The fee must be paid in the form of a Demand Draft made on a nationalised bank in the name of the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology, payable in Thiruvananthapuram.
- After verification of the candidates’ documentation as mentioned in the announcement, certificates certified by the Director of General Education will be provided to those who pass the SET.
This article has discussed all major points from the Kerala Set official notification Released for the year 2022 including exam patterns, selection process and documents required for verification. Download the Entri app for more detailed tips for Kerala SET 2022 Exam preparation.