The Kerala PSC Tracer examination is expected to release soon. The notification was released on 29th December 2018. There were 86 vacancies reported as per the notification. Candidates between 19-36 years can apply for this post. The method of recruitment is direct recruitment. The Public Service Commission is now updating the exam pattern. So, in this article let us check the Kerala Water Authority Tracer Overseer Grade 3 Syllabus.
Download Top Weekly Current Affairs of August.
Download Entri and get all Kerala PSC Exam updates.
Kerala Water Authority Tracer Overseer Grade 3: Exam Details
The candidate must possess the minimum general educational qualification of the SSLC standard. Also, the candidate must hold a Junior Technical School leaving Certificate, and any of the qualifications mentioned below.
- Draughtsman’s Course (Mechanical) Diploma of ITC (MTI) Trichur.
- Lower Grade Drawing Group Certificate (MGTE or KGTE)
- Second Grade Certificate secured by Draughtsman Civil or Mechanical Trainees under T.T.Scheme, College of Engineering, or under Industrial Training Centre conducted by the Ministry of Labour, Government of India after a Course of 18 months.
- National Apprenticeship Certificate in the trade of Draughtsman (civil) or Draughtsman (Mechanical) awarded after Completion of full-term apprenticeship for a minimum period of three years.
- Building Drawing and estimating (Higher or Lower) MGTE Or KGTE and any two of the other Civil Engineering Subjects under (MGTE or KGTE)
- Diploma in Civil Engineering (Two year Course) of the Women’s Polytechnic of the State.
- Surveyor Trade Certificate obtained after 18 months course (followed by six months practical training) at the Industrial Training Institutes or centers conducted by the Government of India, Ministry of Labour.
Must hold a completed SSLC issued under the authority of the Government of Madras or the Government of Kerala with the following marks.
- First Language Part I: 40%
- English: 40%
35% in any of the and 30% each in the other three.
- Mathematics (General or Composite)
- Social Studies subjects
- Science and Drawing
- Applied Science and practical
Kerala PSC Exam Calendar: September, October, November 2020.
Tracer Overseer Grade 3 Syllabus
The test will be Objective Type OMR based on the Main Topics like
- Part I: General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Renaissance in Kerala
KERALA PSC TENTH LEVEL SYLLABUS.
- Part II: Questions based on Technical Qualification
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
- The medium of questions: English
Practice more Kerala Renaissance Questions.
Tracer Overseer Grade 3 Syllabus: Technical Qualification
- W/S Calculation and Science (Mechanical)- Units – British, MKS, SI Units – and their conversions – Length, Area, Volume, Mass and Time – Definition of Mass, Weight, Density, Specific Gravity – Determination of Sides and area of triangles, polygons, Circles, segment and sections – surface area and volume of cubes, cylinder, prism, pyramid, cone, sphere – Sympson’s Rule – Application – Area of the ellipse – Simple Problems.
- Machine Tools – Safety precautions – the study of parts, working, different operation, and of lathes – milling machine – shaping machine – slotting machine – planning machine – various attachments – quick return mechanisms.
- Internal Combustion Engines – Engine Parts – two-stroke and four-stroke engines – petrol and diesel engines – components like the carburetor, fuel injector, fuel pump, etc. Bearing materials – bearing classifications – frictional and anti frictional bearings – advantages and applications
- Belt, Gear, and Chain Drives – belt materials – types of material – specifications and number coding belt power – belt speed – slip and creep – velocity ratio – pulley ratio – V belt – number of belts for power transmission – gear materials – types of gear drives – velocity ratio – nomenclature of gears –types of gears and application – classification of chain drive – power transmission – positive drive. Cams – types of cams – the function of cams – industrial application – types of followers – kinds of motion – displacement diagrams – terms used.
- Machine Drawing -Screw threads – nomenclature of screw threads – nuts, bolts, and washers – BIS conventions – cotter and pin joints – riveted joints – welded joints, pulleys, bearings, machine parts, engine parts, valves cam and followers, jig and fixtures. Couplings, pipe joints, and pipe layouts, Surface Texture – Limits, fits, and tolerances.
- Geometrical Drawing and Engineering Graphics: Graphic Language – drawing instruments – types of lines –method of lettering – Dimensioning – principles of representation and construction of different types of scales – Recommended scales for drawing with reference to BIS Codes – Construction of Plain Geometrical figures – Construction of conic sections – ellipse, parabola, and hyperbola – Miscellaneous curves – involute, cycloid, helix and spiral – theory of projections – types of projections – classification of planes – first angle & third angle projections – the projection of points – Lines and Planes – the projection of Lamina, Solids – True shapes – section of solids – Intersection of surfaces – developments of surfaces – orthographic projection – Oblique projection – Isometric projection – perspective projection
- Practice on Computer and Computer Application:- General terms used in Computer, Elementary DOS Commands, Windows commands and their uses, MS Word and MS Office, AutoCAD Introduction, Various AutoCAD commands, use of different terms of AutoCAD, function keys and shortcut keys, knowledge about 2Dand 3D modeling, solid primitives, viewpoint, extrude and subtract command, union, Drawing with layers and blocks. Knowledge of layout and printing drawing.
Top Malayalam Current Affairs notes.
- Building Construction – Glossary of terms of building construction and building materials. Names of different parts of the building. Bricks masonry – principles of construction of bonds – English Bond, Flemish Bond, T Joints, Wall Junctions. R.C.C. – Introduction, uses, materials, proportions, and formwork including bending of bars and construction reference of BIS Code. Reinforced brickwork. Materials used for RCC, selection of materials, coarse aggregate, fine aggregate, cement- water, reinforcement, characteristics. Method of mixing concrete-hand mixing and machine mixing, Slump test.
Arches: technical terms, forms-bricks, and stone, lintel. Bracket, centering, forms, and sizes.
Door: Parts of the door, Location, sizes, and types of Windows and Ventilators – including steel window & ventilators – fixtures and fastenings used indoors, windows, and ventilators.
Roof: Pitched roof types, roof covering, component parts of the roof. Theory of trussing, king, and queen post trusses.
- Estimating and Costing – for simple building, the specification for different works
- Road, Irrigation – Introduction to roads, general principles of alignment. Classification and construction of different types of roads. Glossary terms of roads, culvert, irrigation
- W/S Calculation and Science (Civil) – Centre of Gravity, Hooks Law, Ultimate stress and Breaking stress, Moment and Moment of Inertia for different sections, Various types of load and supports, Bending moment, shearing force, Cantilever & Simply supported beams. Bending stress.
Chain Surveying – Principles – instruments employed, used, case & maintenance. Field Problems. Field book plotting. Plane table survey – Instruments employed, use, care & maintenance. Prismatic Compass. Planimeter and Pentagraph. Leveling – Instruments and accessories – their uses and description – level book. Differential leveling. Application of chain and leveling to construction. Plotting, preparation of contour, computing earthwork by spot level, and contours. Setting out work.
- Planimeter –enlarging and reducing of plans, use of proportions, compass and pantographs and their parts
- Curves – Simple curves, Compound curves, transition curves, vertical curves
Practice more mock tests and previous question papers to ensure your rank in the upcoming Kerala PSC Examinations 2020.
Discussion about this post