Table of Contents
The Kerala Public Service Commission conducts timely recruitment to select suitable and eligible candidates for the post of Women Police Constable and Civil Police Officer. It is one of the most sought after jobs in the Kerala Police Department. As the Final Plus Two Level examination conducted to choose candidates for these posts is around the corner, it is essential to know the detailed syllabus for the examination. Only upon the timely completion and revision of the entire syllabus, the success in the examination can be guaranteed. Therefore, in order to help all our readers who are preparing for the Kerala Women Police Constable Exam 2021, we have come up with the entire syllabus of the same. Also, the candidates will be able to download a free PDF of the original syllabus as is given in the official portal. So, hang on and start reading all about the Kerala Women Police Constable Syllabus 2021.
Kerala Women Police Constable Syllabus 2021
The final examination to select candidates for the Kerala Women Police Constable and Civil Officer posts will be held soon by the Kerala Public Service Commission. As the aspirants all over are busy with the preparations for the exam, let us check out the syllabus of the final exam now.
The question paper itself is split into six major sections. They are:
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- Simple Arithmetic and Reasoning
- General English
- Regional Language – Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam
- Special topics related to the post
As the total 100 marks is divided into each of the sections mentioned above, it will be helpful for the candidates if an exact distribution of marks is given. Keep reading to know more about it!
|1||General Knowledge||History- 5 marks
Geography – 5 marks
Economics – 5 marks
Indian Constitution – 8 marks
Kerala – 3 marks
Biology and General Health – 4 marks
Physics -3 marks
Chemistry -3 marks
Arts, sports, literature, culture – 4 marks
|2||Current Affairs||10 marks|
|3||Simple Arithmetic and Reasoning||10 marks|
|4||General English||10 marks|
|5||Regional Language – Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam||10 marks|
|6||Special topics related to the post||20 marks|
Detailed Syllabus for Kerala Women Police Constable and Civil Police Officer
- History (Kerala, Indian and World)
The arrival of Europeans, contribution of Europeans, history of Travancore (from Marthanda Varma to Sri Chithira Tirunal), socio-religious reform movements, basic facts about Kerala, World Wars, United Nations Organization, etc
- Geography – composition of earth, geography of India, rivers and lakes, global warming, topographic maps, oceans, types of pollution, mountain ranges, flora and fauna, transportation facilities, energy sources
- Economics – Five year plans, planning commission, NITI Ayog, financial institutions and related events.
- Indian Constitution – Preamble, fundamental rights, fundamental duties, human rights, Panjayati raj, union list, state list and concurrent list, etc
- Kerala – State civil service, government institutions, commissions, disaster management authority, social welfare, etc
- Biology and General Health – human body and functions, vitamins and minerals, microorganisms, communicable diseases, lifestyle diseases, environment and related issues.
- Physics – Branches of physics, motion, laws of motion, units and measurements, projectile motion, accomplishments of ISRO, light, lens, numerical problems, reflection, refraction, multiple reflection, dispersion, sound, mass, friction and types, force and types, Archimedes principle, Pascal’s law, temperature, types of thermometers, work, power, etc
- Chemistry – Atom, molecule, elements, periodic table, chemical reactions, metals and non metals, acids, bases, etc
- Arts, sports, literature, culture – books and authors, crafts and art, paintings and sculptures, places famous for art, awards and recipients, Malayalam cinema, major festivals and related celebrations, etc
Simple Arithmetic and Reasoning
- Numbers and Basic Operations
- Fraction and Decimal Numbers
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Laws of Exponents
- Problems on Mathematics Signs
- Analogy- Word Analogy, Alphabet Analogy, Number Analogy
- Odd man out
- Coding and Decoding
- Family Relations
- Sense of Direction
- Time and Angles
- Time in a clock and its reflection
- Date and Calendar
- Clerical Ability
- Types of Sentences and Interchange of Sentences.
- Different Parts of Speech.
- Agreement of Subject and Verb.
- Articles – The Definite and the Indefinite Articles.
- Uses of Primary and Modal Auxiliary Verbs
- Tag Questions
- Infinitive and Gerunds
- Tenses in Conditional Sentences
- The Use of Correlatives
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and Passive voice
- Correction of Sentences
- Singular & Plural
- Change of Gender
- Collective Nouns
- Word formation from other words and use of prefix or suffix
- Compound words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Foreign Words and Phrases
- One Word Substitutes
- Confusing words
- Spelling Test
- Idioms and their Meanings
- Word Purity / Correct Word
- Correct Sentence
- One Word / Single Word / One Word Substitution
- Idioms and Proverbs
- Equivalent Word
- Join the Word
- Feminine Gender
- Masculine Gender
- Sort and Write
- Correct Word
- Correct Structure of Sentence
- Single Word
- Antonyms / Opposite
- Phrases and Proverbs
- Equal Word
- Join the Word
- Gender Classification – Feminine, Masculine
- Singular, Plural
- Adding Phrases
- Sentence/ word restructuring
- One word substitution
- Idioms and phrases
- Proverbs and meanings
- Singular and plural
- Masculine and feminine
- Join the word
Special topics related to the post
- IPC offences – General Exceptions in IPC, offences against body, offences against women, offences against property
- The code of criminal procedure, 1973 – definitions, arrest, summons and warrant, Information to the Police and their powers to investigate, Indian Evidence Act 1872
- Kerala Police Act 2011 – Short title, extent and commencement, General duties of police, The functions of the police, Citizens have the right to efficient police service, Right of the Public at police Stations, Kerala Police, Special wings, Units, Branches Squads, behaviour of Police Officers, Police to keep information confidential, Police and public may keep audio or video or electronic records, Entry in private places, Police to interfere for preventing Offence, Lawful directions of Police to be complied with, Police to attempt to locate missing persons, Police to regulate and control traffic, Community Policing, Action on the occasion of fire, disaster or accident, Regulating nuisance caused by noise, Special Police Officers, Penalty for interfering in the functions of the police, Penalty for causing grave violation of public order or danger, Punishment for atrocities against women, Penalty for causing nuisance and violation of public order
- The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985 – Chapter I Short title, extent and commencement , Chapter IV offences and Penalties , Sec 25- Punishment for allowing premises etc. to be used for commission of an offence, Sec 27- Punishment for consumption of Narcotic drug or psychotropic substances, Sec 28- Punishment for attempt to commit offences, Sec 31 A- Death penalty for certain offences after previous conviction, Sec 37. Offences to be cognizable and non-bail able, Chapter VA Forfeiture of illegally acquired property, Sec 68 F Seizure or freezing of illegally acquired property.
- The protection of children from sexual offences Act,2012 – Section 1 short, title, extend and commencement , Section 3 Penetrative Sexual Assault , Section 4 Punishment for Penetrative Sexual Assault, Section 7 Sexual assault , Section 8 Punishment for sexual assault, Section 11 Sexual harassment , Section 12 Punishment for sexual harassment, Section 16 Abetment of an offence, Section 22 Punishment for false complaint or false information, Section 23 Procedure for media.
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 – Section 43 Penalty and Compensation for damage to computer, computer system, etc, Section 43A Compensation for failure to protect data, Section 65 Tampering with computer source documents, Section 66 Computer related offences, Section 66B Punishment for dishonestly receiving stolen computer resource or communication device, Section 66C Punishment for identity theft, Section 66D Punishment for cheating by personation by using computer resources, Section 66E Punishment for violation of privacy, Section 66F Punishment for cyber terrorism, Section 67 Punishment for publishing or transmitting obscene material in electronic form, Section 67A Punishment for publishing or transmitting material containing sexually explicit act, etc in electronic form , Section 67B Punishment for publishing or transmitting material depicting children in sexually explicit act, etc in electronic form , Section 72 Penalty for breach of confidentiality and privacy, Section 77B Offences with 3 years imprisonment to be bail able
- The Right to Information Act, 2005 – Section 2(f) Information , Section 8 Exemption from disclosure of information , Section 9 Grounds for rejection to access in certain cases, Section 11 Third party information.
Kerala Women Police Constable Syllabus PDF Download
Click on the link given below to download the official PDF containing the entire syllabus for Kerala Women Police Constable Recruitment and Civil police Officer Recruitment.
As we have given the detailed syllabus of the Kerala Women Police Constable in this article, we hope that it will benefit all the aspiring candidates out there preparing for the exam. Put your whole heart and progress with your preparations. We wish you good luck!