A Range Forest Officer is in charge of the administration in a forest. He is responsible for the life around in his forest limits. Kerala PSC conducts examination for selection to the post of Range Forest Officer. In this article, we have provided details on Range forest officer job profile.
Kerala Forest Dept Positions
|Age Limit (in years)
|1||Conservation Biologist (CB)||19 – 32||Post Graduation degree in Biological Sciences or Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or Social Work or Sociology or Developmental studies||Rs. 25,000|
|2||Sociologist||19 – 32||Post Graduation degree in Biological Sciences or Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or Social Work or Sociology or Developmental studies||Rs. 25,000|
|3||Forest Guard||19 – 39||Must have passed SSLC Examination or its equivalent||Rs. 10,480 – 18,300|
|4||Range Forest Officer||19 – 28||Graduation in Science or Engineering||Rs. 20,740 – 36,140|
|5||Ecologist||19 – 32||Master’s degree in Wildlife Sciences or Environmental Sciences or Forestry||Rs. 30,000|
|6||Ecotourism Officer||19 – 32||Masters in Tourism Administration||Rs. 25,000|
|7||Beat Forest Officer||19 – 30||Must be 12th pass or its Equivalent||Rs. 10,480 – 18,300|
For Male Candidates
- Height – 168 cms
- Chest Normal – 81 cms
- Chest expansion – 5 cms
For Female Candidates
- Height – 157 cm
For Forests Range Officers
- Both the male and female candidates must possess the Medical Standards as prescribed below.
- Ear: Hearing should be perfect
- Eye: Must be certified to possess visual standards specified below without glasses
- (a) Distant vision 6/6 Snellen
- (b) Near vision 0.5 Snellen
- (c) Colour vision – Normal
- (d) Night Blindness – Nil
- Muscles and Joints – No paralysis and all joints with free movements
- Nervous system – Perfectly normal and should be free from any infectious diseases
- (i) The upper age limit prescribed shall be raised by five years in the case of candidates belonging to any of the Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes and by three years in the case of candidates belonging to any of the Other Backward Classes.
- (ii) For retrenched employees the maximum period of relaxation will be five years.
- (iii) The maximum age limit prescribed for Defence Forces, Ex-GREF Personnel, Reservists, Retired Defence Service Personnel, Disembodied Territorial Army Personnel, N.C.C. Cadet Instructors etc., will be as per the rules and regulation of the state government.
Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer Duties
A Range Forest Officer is in charge of the forest.He has to look after the wildlife in the part of the forest,where he is appointed.He has to be mentally and physically fit to face severe encounters in the forest.
Before appointing the candidate as range forest officer,he will be given training under the Director of Forestry Education for an year.
KPSC Recruitment 2020 for Range Forest Officer Notification
|KPSC Recruitment 2020||Details|
|Job Role||Range Forest Officer|
|Total Vacancy||02 Posts|
|Age Limit||19 – 36 years|
|Salary||39500 – 83000(permonth)|
Eligibility Criteria for Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer:
Candidates must possess a Degree in Science or Engineering from a University, Institution or Deemed University recognized by Government of India or Government of Kerala with at least one of the following subjects:-
Agriculture, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Application/Computer Science, Engineering (Agricultural/ Chemical/ Civil/ Computer/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Mechanical), Environmental Science, Forestry, Geology, Horticulture, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Veterinary Science, Zoology.
The photo uploaded through One Time Registration should be the one taken after 31.12.2010 and also bear the name of candidate and the date of photo taken should be recorded in the bottom of the photograph. The uploaded photo will be having a validity of ten years from the date of photograph taken.
19-30 years; Candidates born between 02.01.1986 and 01.01.1997 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for the post with usual age relaxation to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Communities (for other conditions regarding age relaxation please see para 2 of Part II General Conditions). In the case of Ex-servicemen the maximum age limit will be 37 (thirty seven) years irrespective of caste.
- If written/OMR/Online Test is conducted as part of this selection, candidates shall submit a confirmation for writing the examination through their One Time Registration profile . Such candidates alone can generate and download the Admission Tickets in the last 15 days till the date of Test. The applications of candidates who do not submit confirmation within the stipulated period, will be rejected absolutely. The periods regarding the submission of confirmation and the availability of Admission Tickets will be published in the Examination Calendar itself. Information in this regard will be given to the candidates in their respective profiles and in the mobile phone number registered in it.
- Competitive Examination: Candidates will have to appear for a written examination to be conducted by Kerala Public Service Commission on the Following subjects.Walking Test & Interview
Kerala Public Service Commission Recruitment Placement Details
- Kerala Public Service Commission requires following posts to fill their vacancies.
- Range Forest Officer – 02
Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer Training Period
The candidate who is shortlisted after the written test and screening test are admitted to the Range Forest officer Course under the Director of Forestry Education.
After the successful completion of the course,the candidate will be given practical training under the Kerala Forest department.