Kerala Teachers Eligibility Test is conducted twice a year to recruit eligible candidates to teach in Primary, Upper Primary, and High School classes. The exam is to select candidates with teaching passion by the Office of Commissioner for Government examinations. In this article, check the latest updates regarding the KTET Exam Calendar 2021.
The KTET exams are conducted and organized by the Pareeksha Bhavan, Kerala. And, the test is conducted on the basis of rules and regulations constituted by the State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Kerala. However, there are guidelines set by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), Department of General Education, and the Government of Kerala. All of these guidelines are compiled together for preparing the rules of the KTET exam 2021.
KTET December 2020 Exam Dates
|Submission of Online Application from||19th November 2020|
|Last Date to submit Online Application||28th November 2020|
|KTET Admit Card 2021 Release||01st January 2021|
|KTET Category I and II Exam Date||09th January 2021|
|KTET Category III and IV Exam Date||10th January 2021|
Upcoming KTET Exams 2021
|KTET Notification Release Date||9th January – 20th January 2021|
|Online Application Start Date||9th January 2021|
|Last Date to submit Online Application||20th January 2021|
|KTET Admit Card 2021 Release||5th February – 10th February 2021|
|KTET Category I and II Exam Date||20th February 2021|
|KTET Category III and IV Exam Date||21st February 2021|
KTET Exam Details 2021
|KTET Exam 2021-Highlights|
|Name of Exam||KTET (Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test) 2021|
|Level of Exam||State-level|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of the Exam||2.30 Hours/ 150 minutes|
|Registration/Application Procedure||Online Mode|
KTET Exam Eligibility
Lower primary ( Classes 1-5)- Category I
Higher Secondary / Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 years Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.), or
Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary or (or it’s equivalent) with at least 45% marks and two year Trained Teachers’ Certificate TTC /DEd or 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), in accordance with NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations 2002.
Upper primary ( Classes 6-8)- Category II
B.A/B.Sc./B.Com. and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education/Trained Teachers’ Certificate TTC / DEd [by whatever name known] conducted by Board of Examination, Govt. of Kerala or its equivalent, OR
B.A/B.Sc/B.Com with at least 45% marks and 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.), in accordance with NCTE (Recognition, Norms, and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard, OR
Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 years Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.).
High School classes- Category III
BA/BSc/B.Com with at least 45% marks and a B.Ed. Degree in the subject concerned (from any one of the Universities in Kerala or have acquired these qualifications from any other Universities recognized as equivalent thereto), OR
For Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology, those who have MSc.Ed. Degree in the subject concerned with not less than 50% marks from one of the Regional Institutes of Education sponsored by NCERT will be eligible to apply. For Botany and Zoology subjects, those with MSc.Ed. Degree in Life Science with not less than 50% marks from any of the Regional Institutes of Education is eligible to apply, OR
BA or equivalent with at least 45% marks and who passed in LTTC are eligible to apply.
Language Teachers( Sanskrit, Arabic, Urdu, Hindi), Physical education teachers, Specialist teachers( arts, crafts)- Category IV
Candidates who have acquired qualifications for the posts of Language Teachers of Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit & Urdu (up to Upper Primary level), Specialist teachers & Physical Education teachers are eligible to apply for K-TET- IV.
Those who have passed C-TET primary stage are exempted from category I. And who have cleared C-TET elementary stage are exempted from Category II. Those with NET, SET, M.Phil, Ph.D., M.Ed are exempted from all four categories. Those who have cleared Category III are exempted from Category II. Candidates having either category I or II are eligible for appointment in Lower or Upper primary classes.
KTET Exam Application Procedure
Candidates can apply for the Kerala TET 2021 examination by filling the online application form on the official page. Submit the application form before the last date of the application form.
- The application form of KTET will be present on the official website- https://ktet.kerala.gov.in/.
- Candidates are advised to read the information regarding the examination like eligibility criteria, Category, etc. before filling and submitting the form.
- Complete the registration procedure by providing all the correct details like- personal details, qualification, address, phone number, E-mail, etc.
- After that upload a scanned image of the latest photograph and signature in JPG format.
- Pay the application fee.
- Recheck all the details before submitting the application form and keep a print of the application form with you for future reference.
KTET Exam Admit Card
- The admit card of KTET will release by January 2021 as per the KTET Exam Calendar. Admit card will be made available one week prior to the exam.
- The admit card can be download from the official website Pareeksha Bhavan or from the link provided on our page.
- No Physical Admit Card will be sent to the candidate through E-mail.
Click here to get the direct link to download Admit Card KTET 2021.
KTET Exam Pattern
There will be separate exams conducted for the selection of teachers for different categories of Category-I (Lower Primary Teachers), Category-II (Upper Primary Teachers), Category-III (High School Teachers), and Category-IV (language Teaching like Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu, etc, Specialist Teachers (Art & Craft), Physical Education Teachers).
- Exam Duration – 2 hours 30 minutes
- Maximum Marks – 150
- Number of Questions – 150
- Medium: Malayalam and English. Language exams will be in the respective language.
- For categories- I, II, and IV question papers will be provided in both Malayalam and English (except for the language papers).
- For category III the questions will be in English medium ONLY (except for the language papers).
- Every correct answer will get one mark added to the total score. However, there will be NO negative marking.
Check the complete syllabus for KTET 2021:
Results and Answer Key
The answer key is to release by April while the results of KTET February are expected to release by May 2021. To check the results of the KTET February, follow the following steps:
- Visit the official website of Exam conducting board-Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan
- Click on the Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test in February 2021.
- Select the category of K-TET Exam that you have attended.
- Enter the Registration number and date of birth appropriately.
- Click on the check results tab.
- Take a print of your result for further reference.
The authority will declare the KTET 2021 answer key on their website before the declaration of the result. Candidates can download the category wise KTET Answer key by the following steps:
- Visit the official site.
- Click on the Link “Check KTET Answer Key- February 2021”.
- Submit the Registration details, Roll Number, and Date of Birth
- Answer Key will be displayed and the candidates can download the answer key.
So, all these about the KTET Exam Calendar. Practice more mock tests for Kerala TET Exam. Download Entri app for study materials and video classes on various important topics by the excellent faculties from the PSC Coaching field. Also go through the revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes. Entri provides an excellent platform with full-length mock tests including previous year question papers.