The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has invited applications from Indian citizens for the post of Assistant Manager( Grade ‘A’). NABARD Grade A Recruitment is conducted for the post of Assistant Manager in Rural Development Banking Service (RDBS) and Protocol & Security Service (P&SS). Candidates must apply only ON-LINE on the official website of NABARD between the 15th of January 2020 and the 3rd of February 2020. The selection for RDBS consists of three stages the preliminary exam, mains exam, and interview. The Selection for the P&SS Assistant Manager post will be through the interview only.
NABARD stands for National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development it is a financial institution in India that caters to the needs of the rural population by providing credit for agriculture and other finance activities in rural areas in India. It is one of the popular banks in the country. NABARD grade A, B, and C recruitment attracts thousands of youths every year who aspires to join the banking sector. The bank engages eligible candidates both on a regular and contractual basis. NABARD conducts regular basis recruitment to fill up the posts in Group A, B, and C.
NABARD Grade A Recruitment: Overview
|Name of the recruitment||Recruitment to the post of Officers in Grade A (RDBS) & (P&SS)|
|Board||National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development|
|Post name||Assistant Manager in Grade A|
|Selection process||P&SS – Interview
RDBS – Preliminary exam, mains exam and Interview
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam duration||Prelims – 120 minutes
Paper I – 1 ½ hrs
Paper II – 1 ½ hrs for Paper II
|Application fees||General Category : Rs 800 and SC/ ST/ PWBD : Rs 150|
NABARD Grade A Recruitment: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for NABARD Grade-A recruitment are given below.
Eligibility Criteria for P&SS post
- Age limit: Candidates must be between 25 and 40 years as on January 1, 2020.
- Experience: Candidates must be an officer with a minimum of five years of Commissioned Service in the Army/Navy/Air Force. They must have a valid Ex-Serviceman Identity Card.
Eligibility Criteria for RBDS
- Educational Qualification – The educational qualification prescribed for the post of RBDS is graduation.
- Age Limit: Candidates must be between 21 and 30 years as on January 1, 2020. The relaxation in age will be provided to candidates belonging to the reserved category.
NABARD Grade A Recruitment: Important Dates
|Application form||15th January 2020|
|Last date to apply online||3rd February 2020|
|Prelims exam for NABARD Grade-A (RDBS)||25th February 2020|
|Interview for P&SS post||March 2020|
NABARD Grade A recruitment: Vacancies
There around 154 vacancies all across India as shown in the table below:
|NABARD Assistant Manager in Grade A||Rural Development Banking||139|
|NABARD Assistant Manager in Grade A||Rajbhasha||8|
|NABARD Assistant Manager in Grade A||Legal||3|
|NABARD Assistant Manager in Grade A||Protocol & Security||4|
NABARD Grade A Salary
Assistant Manager in Grade A is entitled to a basic Rs 28,150 per month in the scale of Rs 28150-1550(4)-34350-1750(7)–46600–EB-1750(4)-53600- 2000(1)-55600. Along with Dearness Allowance, Local Compensatory Allowance, House Rent Allowance, and Grade Allowance, initial monthly gross emoluments are approximately Rs 62,600.
NABARD Grade A Recruitment: Selection Process 2020
The complete selection process of NABARD Grade A recruitment is explained below:
STEP 1: Application
- To appear in the exam, candidates need to fill NABARD Grade A application
STEP 2: Admit card download
- The admit card for the RDBS post will be released for each phase separately.
- NABARD admit card for the preliminary exam will be released first.
- Candidates who clear the preliminary exam are issued admit cards for the mains exam.
- Candidates qualifying the mains exam are issued an Interview call letter.
- Candidates who applied for P&SS post will be issued admit card for the interview.
STEP 3: Prelims and Mains tests
- The prelims or online test is conducted for the RDBS post.
- The preliminary exam is for 120 minutes.
- The test carries 200 marks and consists of seven sections.
- Candidates qualifying the preliminary exam will be called for the mains exam.
- The mains exam comprises both MCQ and Descriptive type questions.
- The Paper I of the mains exam is a descriptive type paper while Paper II is MCQ based. Each paper carries 100 marks.
STEP 4: Results
- The result is announced online for preliminary, mains and interview separately.
- Candidates can check their results by logging onto the official website with the required credentials.
STEP 5: Interview
- The interview is conducted for candidates qualifying the mains exam by securing a sufficiently higher rank in merit.
- 25 marks are allotted for the Interview.
STEP 6: Preparation of Merit List
- The preliminary exam is to qualify for the mains only.
- The final merit list is prepared based on the candidates’ performance in the mains exam and interview.