Table of Contents
Every year lakhs of aspirant start preparing for government jobs. Taking the correct decision will help a candidate choose the right career path. We will help you by providing you a detailed comparison between both SBI PO VS IBPS PO. In this blog we will discuss about SBI PO vs IBPS PO.
State Bank of India conducts this exam every year to recruit Probationary Officers across the country for all branches of SBI. It is one of the most prestigious and respectable jobs in the country. Sectional timing is included in SBI PO Prelims which makes this exam equally tough as IBPS PO. SBI PO has there stages Prelims, Mains and Interview, one needs to prepare judiciously to qualify this examination.
Before going forward we need to clearly understand that SBI is a banking organization in itself which conducts examinations specifically for State Bank of India for the posts of Probationary officer and associate posts.
IBPS PO is a regulatory body which helps in conducting banking exams for 23 public sector banks except SBI.The choice depends solely on the aspirants perspective and situation.
SBI PO vs IBPS PO 2019: Work Profile
The Job Profile of both these posts varies depending upon the job role. The Job Profile gives a clear idea to the candidate as it helps in understanding the roles and responsibilities. Job Profiles for SBI PO an IBPS PO are similar hence we have listed the responsibilities which are common for both the job profiles;
- A Probationary Officer is responsible for guiding the customers regarding the services and benefits of the bank’s offerings. For eg; Information regarding Bank Loans, mutual funds, and other wealth benefits.
- The training of the Probationary Officer also includes bringing more business to the bank through Marketing Strategies, new schemes for loans and benefits. He is also expected to have financial knowledge about the current market.
- Responsibilities of a Probationary Officer also includes having good skills and awareness of mind to hand all the cash transactions. Extreme caution needs to be maintained in this task, if there is any mismatch by the end of the day, the Probationary Officer has to compensate for it.
- One of the most important job roles of a Probationary Officer is to sign the final loan sanctions of the customers. Every background check has to be reviewed by a PO and hence the loan is passed.
SBI PO vs IBPS PO 2019: Career Growth
A candidate needs to take into consideration the career growth in the respective profiles. Career Growth is important to know as it helps you determine in what time you can reach what amount of pay scale. A candidate will aim for the job which has better growth. The candidate can look at the options below and decide logically rather than taking a blind decision. The career growth and salary increment is almost same for both SBI PO and IBPS PO;
|Probationary Officer or Assistant Manager||23700 – 980 – 30560 – 1145 – 32850 – 1310- 42020|
|Manager||31705 -1145 -32850 -1310 -45950|
|Senior Manager||42020 -1310 -48570 -1460 -51490|
|Chief Manager||50030 -1460 -55870 -1650 -59170|
|Assistant General Manager||59170 -1650 -62470 -1800 -66070|
|Deputy General Manager||68680 -1960 -76520|
|General Manager||76520 -2120 -85000|
|Executive Director (ED)||Approx. 1.5 + lac|
|Chairman and Managing Director (CMD)||Approx. 2 + lac|
SBI PO vs IBPS PO: Allowances
|Allowances||SBI PO||IBPS PO|
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||39.80% of the Basic Pay (Revised Quarterly)||39.80% of the Basic Pay (Revised Quarterly)|
|Compensatory Allowances In City||@4%, 3% or 0% (Depends on the place of posting)||@4%, 3% or 0% (Depends on the place of posting)|
|Special Allowance||@ rate of 7.75%||@ rate of 7.75%|
|House Rent Allowances||7%-8% depending on the place of posting||8%-9% depending on the place of posting|
The Gross Salary of SBI PO ranges from 42,000-45,000 monthly depending on HRA.
The Gross Salary of IBPS PO ranges from 37,360-38,700 monthly depending on HRA.
SBI PO vs IBPS PO: Benefits
|Benefits||SBI PO||IBPS PO|
|Medical Benefits||A compensation of 100% is given to the employee and 75% to the family members.||A sum of Rs8000 is given to IBPS Employees per annum.|
|Leave Benefits||An SBI PO gets 33 days of yearly leave with an extra 12 days casual leaves. Maternity leaves and sick leaves are also provided||IBPS PO gets 30 yearly leaves with 12 casual leave.|
|Travel Benefits||Traveling compensation across the country is given to the employee. Every 3 year the employee gets a certain sum of money to travel with the family across the country.||The respected banks provide vehicles rather than getting bills from employees. They can stay in bank guest house across the country|
|Rental Accommodation||Rental accommodations of Rs8,000- Rs 26,000 is given to SBI PO employees depending upon the posting place.||Bank Quarters are provided for rental accommodation.|
SBI PO carries a better standing in terms of Salary and Employee Benefits. But SBI PO final round is distributed in two parts group discussion and personal interview. IBPS PO has the only interview of 100 marks.
IBPS PO has an easier process of recruitment than SBI PO and the number of vacancies is also higher in number.
SBI PO or IBPS PO both has its own perks and challenges, it depends on the candidate and his/her perspective and where the person wants to be few years down the line.
Why Practice from Entri?
- Always provides you up to date materials that are created by Entri’s Top Experts.
- Mock tests available in bilingual and other regional languages
- Download Entri to access the unlimited mock test.
Navigating through Entri
- Open your Entri App go to the Banking Tab and check the mock tests.
- You can check courses and Mock test for other examinations as well
- Subscribe to our Mock Test and clear your examination with flying colors.
Ace your preparation. That is where Entri comes in. It helps you to prepare effectively for your Exam.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope you have benefited from our mock tests and study materials. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself.