Table of Contents
SBI PO or Nabard Grade A? Which one is the better career option? This is one of the most discussed topics among the graduates. If you are torn between the two then there are several facts that you must consider. SBI PO or Nabard Grade A ? Which one is the better career option? This is one of the most discussed topics among the graduates. If you are torn between the two then there are several facts that you must consider. In this blog, we are going to do a Comparative study of SBI PO vs NABARD GRADE A.
SBI PO VS NABARD Grade A: Job Profile
The probationary officer in State Bank of India is better than the Probationary officer in other Bank. Because the State Bank of India is a universal Bank operating in various types of outfits and dimensions of banking. Probationary officer involves in banking administration task. The training of an SBI PO is far better than the other bank PO.
RBI Assistant exam is conducted by the Reserve Bank of India.Recently, the RBI Assistant notification 2020 has been released for 926 vacancies. When you enter RBI as a fresher, you get to join two posts which are RBI Assistant and RBI Officer. For these posts, RBI Recruitment takes place at different levels. In RBI, there are six grades for Class-I employees which are grade ‘A’ to Grade ‘F’. The most senior posts are of Grade F which are of Governor and Deputy Governor. The RBI Assistants are also referred to as ‘Class-III employees’ which include senior assistant, special assistant, assistant, record clerk, attendant, security guard, etc.
SBI PO VS NABARD Grade A: Job Profile
- Working upon daily customer transactions, passing a cheque, draft issuance, cash management etc.
- Working as a public relations officer, handle customer complaints and address various customer related issues
- Supervision of clerical work, taking decisions for the benefit of the bank, managing cash balance
- Verifying all the work done by bank clerk. Taking care of the loan related documents and performs on site visit of the loan taking parties as and when required.
- Issuing of ATM cards, cheque books, Demand Drafts etc.
Nabard Grade A
Job Profile for Protocol & Security Services
The Appointed candidate for Protocol & Security Services as an Assistant Manager will be undergoing the following responsibilities:
He/she will be responsible for;
- Watch and Ward arrangements as to internal security, passages, entry and exit points, surveillance through CCTV, monitoring, recording, etc., in the Bank’s office buildings.
- Protocol duties.
- Maintenance/Security of Bank’s properties.
- Control over the staff deployed for the purpose.
Job Profile for RDBS, Legal & Rajbhasha
- Work culture is purely bureaucratic at NABARD. You have to report to the CGM (Chief General Manager) of the Regional Office
- As an Assistant Manager, any department can be allotted to you irrespective of your qualification.
- An Assistant Manager has to work on various policies and programs mandated by Central/State Governments related to Agricultural & Rural Development.
- You would be dealing with policy issues of various programs of Central/State Governments and projects relating to Agriculture as well as Rural Development, closely liaising with the State Government and the banking industry, which encompasses the entire activities in the rural areas.
SBI PO VS NABARD Grade A: Exam Pattern
|Preliminary Exam||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Mains Examination||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|General & Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English (Descriptive Test)||2||50||30 minutes|
NABARD Grade A
NABARD Grade A 2020 Exam is going to be conducted in three phases:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Interview Process
The Preliminary Exam is an online objective test comprising of 200 marks that has to be completed in 2 hours. It’s really necessary for a candidate to clear the preliminary round of the NABARD 2020 Exam in order to get promoted to the NABARD Grade A 2020 Mains Exam.
|Serial Number||Sections Asked||Total Marks||Time Taken|
|2.||Test of Reasoning||20||A composite time of 2 hours (120 minutes)|
|6.||Economic and Social Issues||40|
|7.||Agriculture and Rural Development||40|
The candidates who clear the preliminary round of NABARD Grade A 2020 Officer Exam are eligible to appear for NABARD 2020 Mains Examination. The Mains Examination comprises of both Online Objective Test as well as descriptive Test paper. Let’s have a look at NABARD Grade A 2020 Mains Exam Pattern:
|Serial Number||Exam||Test Name||Maximum Marks||Time Taken|
|1.||Phase I||General English: (Descriptive – writing skills – online through key board). The paper will have descriptive questions.||100||90 minutes|
|2.||Phase II||Economic and Social Issues and Agriculture and Rural Development for General Posts and Agriculture for candidates applying for Manager Agriculture Post||100||90 minutes|
|3.||Phase III||Legal Services: proficiency in interpreting various Laws viz., Banking, Negotiable Instruments, Company, Industrial and Cooperative Laws, Cyber laws, Commerce/Property transactions, Rural non-life insurance, direct financing, staff matters||100||90 minutes|
After the candidate clears the NABARD Grade A 2020 Mains Paper, he/she is finally called for the Interview Process. Final selection is made on how well a candidate fare in the Mains Examination as well as the Interview Process.
At present, the starting basic SBI PO salary is Rs 27,620 (with 4 advance increments). The pay scale for Junior Management Grade Scale I is 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7- 42020. Candidates are also eligible for DA, HRA/Lease rental, CCA, Medical and other allowances. The total compensation per annum on CTC basis is Rs 8.20 lakhs (minimum) and Rs 13.08 lakhs (maximum) depending on the place of posting. SBI also offer a SMART Compensation Package which enables candidates a choice to monetize specific elements of the salary package.
NABARD Grade A
Selected candidates will draw a starting basic pay of Rs.28150/- p.m. in the scale of Rs.28150-1550(4)-34350-1750(7)–46600–EB-1750(4)-53600-2000(1)-55600 applicable to Officers in Grade ‘A’ and they will be eligible for Dearness Allowance, Local Compensatory Allowance, House Rent Allowance, and Grade Allowance as per rules in force from time to time. At present, initial monthly gross emoluments are approximately Rs. 62,600/-.
Perks and Allowances
The salary includes a number of allowances that contributes to the total sum. These are some standard allowances that a Probationary officer in SBI gets along with the basic amount. These include:
|Dearness Allowance||46.9% of the Basic Pay|
|City Compensatory Allowance||3% – 4% depending on location|
|House Rent Allowance||7% – 9% depending on Place of Posting|
|Furniture Allowance||INR 1,20,000|
|Medical Insurance||100% covered for employee | 75% covered for dependent family|
|Travelling Allowance||AC 2-tier fare is reimbursed to the employee for official travels|
|Petrol Allowance||INR 1,100 – 1,250|
|Newspaper Allowance, Entertainment Allowance, Books Allowance, etc.||Varies based on Cadre|
NABARD Grade A
- Bank’s accommodation subject to availability, reimbursement of expenses for maintenance of vehicle for official purpose, newspaper, internet, telephone charges, book grant, allowance for furnishing of residence, etc. as per eligibility. Free dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses for OPD treatment/hospitalization as per eligibility. Interest-free festival advance, Leave Travel Concession (once in two years for self, spouse and eligible dependents), Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Car, Education of children, Consumer Articles, Personal computer, etc.
- Candidates selected for the post will be governed by “the defined contribution to New Pension Scheme (NPS)’ in addition to the benefits of Gratuity and Optional Group Term Insurance Plan.
- At certain centers, a limited number of residential quarters are available. Facility for securing residential accommodation on lease, however, exists at all centers.
- The initial appointment of a selected applicant will be on probation for a period of 02 years, which may, at the Bank’s discretion, be extended for a further maximum period of one year.
- All candidates selected for appointment by the Bank are liable to be posted and transferred anywhere in India.
Why Practice from Entri?
- Always provides you up to date materials that are created by Entri’s Top Experts.
- Mock tests available in bilingual and other regional languages
- Download Entri to access the unlimited mock test.
Navigating through Entri
- Open your Entri App go to the Banking Tab and check the mock tests.
- You can check courses and Mock test for other examinations as well
- Subscribe to our Mock Test and clear your examination with flying colors.
Ace your preparation. That is where Entri comes in. It helps you to prepare effectively for your Exam.We hope that you have acquired enough knowledge from this blog on SBI PO VS Nabard Grade A.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope you have benefited from our mock tests and study materials. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself.