Staff Selection Commission(SSC) has released the notification for the recruitment of Sub-Inspector (SI) in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) in CISF. SSC CPO is one of the most prestigious Civil Services Exam in the country. the SSC exam conducted for the post of SSC CAPF is being carried out in three phases, Paper-I, Paper-II, Physical Edurance Test and lastly standard Medical Examination.The Staff Selection Commission will conduct a competitive Computer Based Examination for Recruitment of Sub-Inspector (SI) in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) in CISF. In this blog, we will provide you the SSC CAPF Eligibility Criteria for the candidates which will help in understanding the first step towards knowing the important details related to the exam.
SSC CAPF Eligibility Criteria: Important Dates
|Important Dates for SSC CPO,CAPF 2019-20 Exam|
|Submission of online applications||17th September 2019 to 16th October 2019|
|End date for printed receipt of application||16th October 2019 (5:00 PM)|
|End date for doing online fee payment||18th October 2019 (5:00 PM)|
|End date for generation of offline Challan||18th October 2019 (5:00 PM)|
|End date for payment through Challan||19th October 2019 (during working hours of Bank)|
|End of Computer Based Examination (Paper-1)||11th December 2019 to 13th December 2019|
|Date of PET & PST||To be notified later|
|Date of Paper-2||To be notified later|
SSC CAPF Eligibility Criteria: Eligibility Criteria
A candidate should go through the Eligibility Criteria before deciding on appearing for the examination. They should understand if the eligibility norms are being fulfilled.Some of the eligibility criteria’s are age, upper age limit and educational qualification. Lets look at the eligibility criteria for SSC CPO exam for the post of CAPF;
AGE LIMIT(as on 1st January 2020)
The Age Limit/Upper Age Limit Relaxation for SSC CPO 2019 Recruitment is – Not exceeding 20 to 25 years as on 1st January 2020.
The required relaxation in Upper age limit for different categories is as under:
|Code No.||Category||Age Limit Relaxation
|01||Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|02||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|06||Ex-servicemen (ESM)||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application|
|For the posts of SI and ASI in CAPFs only (Category Code-07)|
|07||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 years|
|For ASI in CISF only (Category Codes-10 and 11)|
|10||Central Govt. Civilian Employees who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date||General/ OBC||Up to 40 years of age|
|11||SC/ ST||Up to 45 years of age|
|For Group ‘C’ Posts only (Category Codes-12 and 13)|
|12||Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not re-married.||General/ OBC||Up to 35 years of age|
|13||SC/ ST||Up to 40 years of age|
|For Departmental candidates of Delhi Police against vacancies in Delhi Police only
(Category Codes-17, 18 and 19)
|17||Departmental Candidates who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.||General||Up to 30 years of age|
|18||OBC||Up to 33 years of age|
|19||SC/ ST||Up to 35 years of age|
- Candidates should note that the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary Examination certificate or an equivalent certificate only will be accepted.
- Ex-Servicemen who have already secured employment in civil side under Central Government in Group ‘C & D’ posts on regular basis after availing of the benefits of reservation given to Ex-Servicemen for their re-employment are not eligible for reservation in ESM category and fee concession.
- Crucial date for claim of SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS status will be the closing date for receipt of online applications, i.e., 16th October 2019.
Educational Qualification(as on 1st January 2020)
Educational Qualification for the post of SSC CAPF is Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
Candidates who have not acquired the educational qualification as on 1st January 2020 will not be eligible and need not apply.
(i) A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b) and (c) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
We hope that candidates now have a brief idea about checking the eligibility criteria before appearing for SSC CPO.
Why Practice from Entri
- Always provides you up to date materials that are created by Entri’s Top Experts.
- Mock tests available in bilingual and other regional languages
- Download Entri to access the unlimited mock test.
Navigating through Entri
- Open your Entri App go to the SSC Tab and check the mock tests.
- You can check courses and Mock test for other examinations as well
- Subscribe to our Mock Test and clear your examination with flying colors.
Ace your preparation. That is where Entri comes in. It helps you to prepare effectively for your Exam.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope you have benefited from our mock tests and study materials.Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.