Table of Contents
SSC CPO notification was released earlier by SSC in their official website. The Staff Selection Commission has invited applications from eligible graduates below 25 years towards the Central Police services. The SSC conducts the CPO recruitment test to select candidates towards Sub-Inspector (SI) in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) in CISF. As the selection process of SSC CAPF has already began, here let us have a look at the SSC CAPF Job Profile and to find out more about the most challenging and coveted jobs in the CAPF.
SSC CAPF Notification 2021
|SSC CAPF online application period||June 17, 2020 to July 16, 2020
|Last date for making online fee payment
|July 16, 2020
|Online Challan generation last date||July 18, 2020
|Offline Challan generation last date||July 20, 2020|
|Paper 1 written examination||September 29, 2020, to October 05, 2020|
|Result of Paper 1 written examination||26th February 2021|
|Result of PST/PET||4th June 2021|
|Paper 2 written examination||July 12, 2021|
|Admit Card for Paper 2 written examination||To be released shortly|
|Final Result||To be notified|
SSC CAPF Job Profile 2021
Here are the major roles and responsibilities performed by a Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPF Departments:
Border Security Force (BSF)
BSF is largely employed for Internal Security Duties and other law and order duties on the requisition of the State Government. Being a Central Armed Police Force it can be entrusted with policing duties at any place apart from its mandate. The major role performed by the Sub-Inspectors are:
- To protect the Indo-Pakistan and Indo-Bangladesh Border.
- To promotes the sense of security among the people living in the border areas.
- To prevent trans-border crimes, unauthorized entry into or exit from the territory of India.
- To prevent smuggling and any other illegal activities on the Border.
- Anti-infiltration duties.
- To collect trans-border intelligence.
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
CRPF is the largest paramilitary organization of the country and is actively looking after the internal security of every part of India and are were even operating abroad as part of the Indian Peace Keeping Force (IPKF) and the United Nations peacekeeping missions. It is performing a variety of duties ranging from VIP security to election duties, from guarding of vital installations to the counter-Naxal operations.
Indo-Tibetan Border Police
ITBP is a multi-dimensional force which primarily has 5 functions:
- To protect the border between India & China (from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh)
- Vigil on the northern borders, detection and prevention of border violations, and promotion of the sense of security among the local populace.
- To check illegal immigration and trans-border smuggling.
- To provide security to sensitive installations and threatened VIPs.
- To restore and preserve order in any area in the event of a disturbance.
- To maintain peace in the assigned areas.
Sashastra Seema Bal
The major roles performed by SSB are:
- To protect the Indo – Nepal, and Indo – Bhutan borders.
- To prevent cross-border crimes, smuggling, and other anti-national activities.
Central Industrial Security Force
The major roles performed by CISF are:
- To provide security to various PSU’s and other important infrastructures.
- To protect the Government infrastructure projects and industrial units.
- The CISF is in charge of airport security at all commercial airports in India.
- Security on the Delhi Metro is handled by the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF),
- Besides providing protection, safety, and security to Industrial undertaking/installations, CISF also offers protection against Fire hazards.
- Special Security Group (SSG) provides security cover to persons nominated by the Home Ministry
About CAPF (Central Armed Police Forces)
- CAPF comes under the Home Ministry.
- If your dream career is to get a job in the defense sector, then you should be applying for the national level recruitment examination that the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts, SSC CPO SI Exam.
- The Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) refers to the uniform nomenclature of seven security forces in India under the authority of Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Each of the seven CAPFs (the BSF, CRPF, ITBP, CISF, SSB, AR and NSG) has its own cadre of officers, but they are headed by officers of the Indian Police Service.
- The job profile of Sub-Inspectors (GD) is quite adventurous as you would be posted to different places in India and will have a challenging working environment.
- The prestige and pride associated with the various ranks are immense.
- CAPF offers a handsome salary along with several emoluments and allowances.
- The CAPF does everything possible to ensure national security. They take on the toughest situations and are often pressed into various security operations. They also play an active role in conducting elections in a smooth manner.
Seven Security Forces in India
1. Border Security Force (BSF)
- Promotion of a sense of security amongst the civilians of India
- Protection of border between India and Pakistan
- Preventing illegal refugees from getting into the country and preventing cross border crimes
2. Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- The responsibility of controlling and handling Naxalites and riots
3. Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Prevention for the violation of border
- Providing security to the northern borders, which are close to China and Pakistan
- Protection of the border between India and China
- Prevention of illegal immigration, smuggling and other anti-national crimes across the border
4. Seema Suraksha Bal (SSB)
- Protection of Indo-Bhutan and Indo-Nepal borders
- Prevention of anti-national activities, such as smuggling and cross-border crimes
5. Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Providing security to state-owned infrastructures, PSU and government institutions
- Protection of industrial unit and government infrastructure projects
6. Assam Rifles (AR)
7. National Security Guard (NSG)
National Security Guard (NSG) is a specialist force to tackle terror activities in any part of the country. It’s world-Class “Zero Error Force”. The NSG is served by the officers/personnel from the Central Armed Police Forces, Indian Army, and State Police Forces.
Cracking the SSC CAPF exam is definitely a tough task. Many people lose heart and back off due to the fear of a failure in the exam. Entri App will help you ace your preparation for SSC CAPF exam 2021 with sectional mock tests, study notes, videos, and previous year question papers. Boost your preparation by starting your practice now. Study tuned with us for the latest updates!
|SSC CAPF Exam Information Links|
|SSC CAPF Notification||SSC CAPF Selection Process|
|SSC CAPF Syllabus||SSC CAPF Mock Test|
|SSC CAPF Exam Date||SSC CAPF Video Course|
|SSC CAPF Application Form||SSC CAPF Study Materials|
|SSC CAPF Vacancy||SSC CAPF Interview Questions|
|SSC CAPF Admit Card||SSC CAPF Salary|
|SSC CAPF Study Plan||SSC CAPF Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|SSC CAPF Previous Question Papers||SSC CAPF Result|
|SSC CAPF Best Books||SSC CAPF Cutoff|
|SSC CAPF Eligibility Criteria||SSC CAPF Exam Analysis|
|SSC CAPF Answer Key|