The Staff Selection Commission will conduct an Open Competitive Examination for recruiting candidates to Sub-Inspectors (SI) in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs). The Sub-Inspector (General Deputy) in CAPFs post carries the pay scale of Level-6 and it is classified as Group B” (Non-Gazetted), Non-Ministerial. This article discusses SSC CAPF Selection Process 2021 in detail.
SSC CAPF Selection Process 2021
The interested and eligible candidates can submit their application through official website of Staff Selection Commission within the time provided. The selection process comprises of 4 stages like Written examination (Paper 1), Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper 2, and Detailed Medical Examination (DME). All the tests are mandatory and one must clear each stage in order to be eligible for the next stage of recruitment process.
The SSC CAPF Paper 1 Exam will be of Objective Multiple Choice type. There are consists of four sections: General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Comprehension.
- A total of 50 questions from each section and each question carries one mark.
- The total marks of the exam is 200.
- There is negative marking, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrongly answered question.
- Duration of the exam is 2 hours.
Candidates who scores up to the cut off marks in Paper 1, will qualify for the next stage of the exam which is PET/ PST.
|Part||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|I||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
|II||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
The minimum qualifying marks in Paper 1 and Paper 2 (without adding bonus marks to NCC certificate holders) are as the following:
- UR: 30%
- OBC/ EWS: 25%
- All other categories: 20%
Physical Endurance Test/ Physical Standard Test
The second stage is Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET) process.
Physical Standard Test
The aspirants can check out all about the physical standard test in the following table for the posts of SSC CAPF:
|Category of candidates||Height(in Cm)||Chest (in Cm)|
|(i) For male candidates only (General)||170||80||85|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|(ii) For Female candidates only (General)||157||–||–|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe||154||–||–|
Physical Endurance Test (PET)
For male candidates only:
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 km race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 meters in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 meters in 3 chance
For female candidates only:
- 100 meters race in 18 seconds
- 800 meters race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 meters in 3 chances.
- High Jump: 0.9 meters in 3 chances.
Attempt Free mock tests of SSC on Entri!
The SSC CAPF Paper 2 exam is conducted to test the candidates’ Knowledge and understanding of the English Language.
- Total of 200 questions and each question carries one mark.
- Paper 2 consists of objective Multiple Choice questions.
- The total time duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|English language & Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
The detailed medical exam will be conducted on the basis of certain parameters. The exam authorities will conduct DME on the basis of eyesight, seven obstacle events, tattoo policy, etc.
- All the eligible candidates will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade-I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary.
- Candidates can make an appeal before Review Medical Board within the prescribed time limit of 15 days in case if they are found to be unfit.
- No appeal/ representation against the decision of the Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be entertained.
- The minimum near vision should be N9 (worse eye) and N6 (better eye) and minimum distant vision should be 6/9 (worse eye) and 6/6 (better eye).
- All standards should be without any correction like wearing glasses or surgery of any kind to improve visual acuity.
Seven Obstacle Events
- Jumping over the Vertical Board
- Jumping on the Horizontal Board
- Parallel Rope
- Monkey Crawl
- Vertical Rope
- Holding the rope on jumping from the Board
- Tarzan Swing
As per the official notification, tattoos will be allowed as per the following stipulations only.
- Content: A tattoo depicting religious symbols or figures and the name, as followed in the Indian Army are permitted.
- Location: Tattoos marked on traditional sites of the body like inner aspect of forearm but only left forearm, being non-saluting limb or dorsum of the hands will be allowed.
- Size: Size must be less than 1⁄4 of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.
Resolution of Tie in SSC CAPF Selection Process
If, in case two candidates obtain the same final score then authorities will opt for the resolution of the ties method as per the rules and guidelines.
- Total score in Paper 2
- Date of birth, with older candidates, placed higher.
- Alphabetical order of the names of the candidates.
All shortlisted candidates are required to appear for the Document Verification. Those who were failing to submit their documents will not be considered for the final selection.
Preference for posts: During Document Verification, candidates shall be required to indicate the posts/ Force for which they would like to be considered, in the order of preference. The various posts are the following:
- Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police
- Sub-Inspector in Border Security Force
- Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force
- Sub-Inspector in Central Reserve Police Force
- Sub-Inspector in Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force
- Sub-Inspector in Sashastra Seema Bal
Check related articles of SSC CAPF: Syllabus and Exam Pattern, Salary
Learn with Entri app and prepare for SSC exams. Entri provides study material, video classes, doubt clearing sessions, mock tests, etc.
|SSC CAPF Exam Information Links|
|SSC CAPF Notification||SSC CAPF Mock Test|
|SSC CAPF Syllabus||SSC CAPF Video Course|
|SSC CAPF Exam Date||SSC CAPF Study Materials|
|SSC CAPF Application Form||SSC CAPF Interview Questions|
|SSC CAPF Vacancy||SSC CAPF Job Profile|
|SSC CAPF Admit Card||SSC CAPF Salary|
|SSC CAPF Study Plan||SSC CAPF Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|SSC CAPF Previous Question Papers||SSC CAPF Result|
|SSC CAPF Best Books||SSC CAPF Cutoff|
|SSC CAPF Eligibility Criteria||SSC CAPF Exam Analysis|
|SSC CAPF Answer Key|
Discussion about this post