Staff Selection Commission is an organization under the Government of India to recruit candidates for various posts in the various departments of the Government of India. Candidates who are aspiring to work with the Government of India can apply for Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) exam carried out by Staff Selection Commission (SSC). The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the Official Notification for Staff Selection Commission-Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) exam on 06th November 2020 and the last date to apply online was 26th December 2020. In this article, we will give a step-by-step process for completing the SSC CHSL Apply Online Procedure thus making it easier to begin your journey.
SSC CHSL will help you in getting into posts such as Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants (PA/SA), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC), and so on. As per the exam date released by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for the SSC CHSL Tier-1 examination, the exam was to be held from 12th April to 27th April 2021. However, this is now postponed indefinitely due to the pandemic. The exam date for the SSC CHSL Tier-2 (Descriptive paper) will be notified later.
SSC CHSL Apply Online
Before you begin any online application for the SSC CHSL examination, keep yourself acquainted with the application dates.
|Application Process Start||06 November 2020|
|Closing date of the online process||15th December 2020|
|Last date for receipt of application||15th December 2020|
|Last date for making online fee payment||17th December 2020|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||19th December 2020|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)||21st December 2020|
|Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I)||12th April to 27th April 2021- Postponed|
|Date of Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper):||Will be notified later|
SSC CHSL Application Procedure
Before applying for the SSC CHSL examinations it is necessary to check the eligibility criteria to appear for the examination.
The criteria for appearing for the SSC CHSL examination are as follows:
- Candidates must be
- either/or a citizen of India,
- the subject of Nepal/Bhutan,
- Tibetan refugee,
- person of Indian origin
- Candidates must be aged between 18-27 years as of 01-01-2021 i.e. Candidates born not before 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2003 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should clear class XII or equivalent from a recognized board or university
- For DEO (Grade A) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): Candidates should pass Class XII in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized board or equivalent
- Candidates appearing for their Class XII final exams are also eligible to apply
- A person of Indian origin migrated from either/or Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Once you make sure that you are eligible to appear for the examination, the next step is to fill in the SSC CHSL online application form.
Procedure to complete the SSC CHSL Online Application
The candidates must carefully go through the official SSC CHSL 2021 Notification Brochure before starting with the application process. Follow the steps given below to fill SSC CHSL Application Form.
The SSC CHSL Online Application takes place in four different stages.
Stage 1: Registration
Stage 2: Uploading of Photo and Signature
Stage 3: Filling the SSC CHSL Application Form
Stage 4: Paying the SSC CHSL Application Fee
Step 1: Registration of SSC CHSL 2021
- Go to the official website or click ssc.nic.in.
- Click on the “Apply” tab and then on SSC CHSL.
- Enter your Aadhaar number or any other photo ID proof number, Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name, date of birth, Class 10 board name, roll number and year of passing, gender, level of education, permanent address, mobile number, and email ID.
- Enter the OTPs to confirm your mobile number and email ID.
- Your Registration number and password will be sent to you on your contact details.
SSC CHSL Apply Online: Click here: Online Application
Step 2: Uploading of Photo and Signature
Candidates have to upload scanned images of their recent passport size photograph and signature in the application form in the following specifications:
|PHOTOGRAPH||20kb to 50kb||3.5cm x 4.5cm||JPEG|
|SIGNATURE||10kb to 20kb||4cm x 3cm||JPEG|
- The photograph must have your name and date on it and taken on or after the date of the publication of the Notice of Examination
- The photograph should have a white background or a light-colored background.
- The signature must be in black or blue ink on a white sheet.
Step 3: Filling the SSC CHSL Application Form
The registration process completes after uploading images. Fill the application form by entering communication details, educational details, etc.
- Enter your category, nationality, and visible identification mark, if any.
- Indicate your medium of typing test and 3 exam center city in order of preference.
- Accept the declaration by clicking on “I Agree”.
Step 4: Paying the SSC CHSL Application Fee
SSC CHSL application fees are Rs.100 which can be paid via online and offline mode. Applicants can remit the fee in online mode till 17th December 2020 (11:59 PM) and in offline mode till 19th December 2020, during banking hours. However, the challan for offline fee payment has to be downloaded by 19th December 2020(11:59 PM).
Online Mode: Use BHIM UPI, Net Banking or Visa/ Mastercard/ Maestro Credit/ Debit card
Offline Mode: Download SBI Challan from the web portal and submit the same with cash in any SBI Bank branch during working hours.
Note: Female and candidates belonging to SC, ST, PwD, Ex-servicemen are exempted from paying the application fee.
Make sure to check in detail and keep the documents ready to ease your online application process. Aspirants of SSC CHSL examinations are requested to stay updated with Entri for more details and updates on SSC CHSL preparation strategies.
The exam dates are announced for the year 2021. Hence you can plan a schedule to prepare for the SSC CHSL exam. Entri includes all the necessary strategies required to help the candidates in preparing for the examinations. Above all Entri provides the best platform for the candidates to take mock tests appropriately.
“The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
|SSC CHSL Exam Information Links|
|SSC CHSL Notification||SSC CHSL Mock Test|
|SSC CHSL Syllabus||SSC CHSL Video Course|
|SSC CHSL Exam Date||SSC CHSL Study Materials|
|SSC CHSL Vacancy||SSC CHSL Interview Questions|
|SSC CHSL Admit Card||SSC CHSL Job Profile|
|SSC CHSL Study Plan||SSC CHSL Salary|
|SSC CHSL Previous Question Papers||SSC CHSL Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|SSC CHSL Best Books||SSC CHSL Result|
|SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria||SSC CHSL Cutoff|
|SSC CHSL Selection Process||SSC CHSL Exam Analysis|
|SSC CHSL Answer Key|