Staff selection commission invited application from qualified candidates for its Multi-tasking staff vacancies. Qualification for applying the examination was 10th pass under two age criteria. The two age criteria are (i) 18-25 years as on 01-08-2019 (i.e. candidates born not before 02-08-1994 and not later than 01-08-2001) and (ii) 18-27 years as on 01-08-2019 (i.e. candidates born not before 02-08-1992 and not later than 01-08-2001). About 10,000 plus vacancies are expecting this year in non-technical multi-tasking staff recruitment. Vacancy details will be soon notified on their official website. It can be checked through this link. SSC MTS exam is a two tier system in which tier-1 is an objective type exam and that of tier-2 is descriptive. Read the below passage for SSC MTS Study Material and best books Online.
SSC MTS Eligibility and Salary Scale
Candidates who want to write the exam must have passed matriculation or its equivalent from any of the recognized board. However, aspirants not having the qualification yet can produce the same at the time of document verification by acquiring it before 01-08-2019. Those who are having equivalent qualification should produce the equivalence certificate from the concerned authority.
The Staff Selection Commission Multi-Tasking Staff has a Pay Band-1 of Rs 5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs 1800 as per revised Pay Scale after 7th CPC. MTS is a General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Ministries/Departments/ Offices of the Government of India, in different States/Union Territories. The positions under this post are peon, Mali, operator, junior Gestetner, Chowkidar, Farash, Daftary, Safaiwala etc.
MTS Exam Pattern- Tier-1 and Tier-2
MTS exam has a computer based test (tier-1) and a descriptive paper on the second stage (tier-2). SSC MTS 2019 tier 1 exam has been conducted for 2nd August 2019 to 22nd August 2019. Tier-2 exam has been tentatively fixed on 17th November 2019.
Pattern for tier-1 and tier-2 are given below
- Tier 1
|Dates of computer based examination (Tier-I)||Part||Subject (not in sequence)||Number of questions/maximum marks||Time duration (for all four parts)|
|02/08/2019 to 22/08/2019||I||General English||25/25||90 minutes (120 minutes for candidates eligible for scribes as per para 8.1 and 8.2 in the official notification)|
|II||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25/25|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or in any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||30 minutes (40 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribes as per Para 8.1 and 8.2 in the official notification.|
SSC MTS Study Material
Cracking MTS exam is quite easy if you do the preparation smartly. For preparing MTS exam, best choice is to practice with previous year question paper as much you can. By doing this you can familiar with question pattern and repeating questions. Tier-1/Paper-1 is an objective type which includes quantitative, reasoning, English and GK. One can easily pass the exam by doing mere and consistent preparation. There are many best books, exclusively for MTS exam available in the market. Select one among it and do the practice daily with a smart timetable. Some of the best SSC MTS study material and books are given below.
SSC MTS Study Material for Tier-1
Books for Quantitative Aptitude
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum Cat 2018 by Sarvesh K. Verma
- Magical Books on Quicker Maths (2018-2019) Session by M. Tyra
- SSC Elementary & Advanced Mathematics – 1567 by Kiran Prakashan
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic (Old Edition) by Rajesh Verma
Books for Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning (2018-2019) Session by MK Panday
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non Verbal Reasoning (Revised Edition) by S Chand Publication
- Kiran’s Tricky Approach to Competitive Reasoning Verbal & Non Verbal (Fully Solved) 7000+Objective Question Logical Reasoning & Analytical Ability – 1280
- A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwalii
Books for General English
- Quick Learning Objective General English by R.S. Aggarwal
- Perfect Competitive English by V K Sinha
- Competitive General English – 901 by Kiran Prakashan
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
Books for General Awareness
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- General Knowledge 2019 by Manohar Pandey
- NCERT Textbooks of class 9 and 10 (history, geography, economics and polity)
- Year Book
SSC MTS Study Material for Tier-2
Books for Essay Writing
- Essays By Arihant Publications
- Tata Mc Grow Hills Publications(Hindi/English)
- Hindi Nibandh by Arihant Publication
Books for Letter Writing
- A Handbook for Letter Writing by Arihant Publications(Hindi/English)
Follow Entri Blog for more updates and upcoming exams. SSC MTS Tier 2 can be easily prepared through Entri App. Previous year question papers and exam pattern mock tests are easily available through us.