The Personnel Selection Committee administers the SSC-MTS exams to fill positions in the informal, non-agency General Central Service Group “C” in various central government ministries, departments, and offices across the country. SSC MTS is the perfect way for her 10th grader in India to get a government job. The Staff Selection Committee (SSC) administers the SSC MTS 2022 (Multitasking Staff) exam and recruits candidates for various positions such as Junior Gestetner Operator, Chow Kidar, Safaiwala, Peong, Duftary and Jamadar.
Candidates must also complete exam qualifications along with minimum selection criteria to be eligible for SSC MTS Recruitment 2022. Please read this article carefully to learn more about SSC MTS Recruitment 2022.
SSC MTS exam is a two tier system in which tier-1 is an objective type exam and that of tier-2 is descriptive. Read the below passage for SSC MTS Study Material and best books Online.
|SSC MTS Exam Overview|
|Name of Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Post Name||Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff Examination|
|Notification Release Date||22nd March 2022||25th January 2023|
|Last Date to Apply||30th April 2022 (23:00 hours)||24th February 2023|
|Paper 1 Exam Date||5th to 22nd July 2022||Apr-May, 2023|
|Paper 2 Exam Date||6th November 2022||To be announced|
|Paper – 1 Result Date||7th October 2022||To be announced|
|Qualification||10th Pass Government Jobs|
SSC MTS Eligibility and Salary Scale
Candidates who want to write the exam must have passed matriculation or its equivalent from any of the recognized board. However, aspirants not having the qualification yet can produce the same at the time of document verification by acquiring it before 01-08-2019. Those who are having equivalent qualification should produce the equivalence certificate from the concerned authority.
The Staff Selection Commission Multi-Tasking Staff has a Pay Band-1 of Rs 5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs 1800 as per revised Pay Scale after 7th CPC. MTS is a General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Ministries/Departments/ Offices of the Government of India, in different States/Union Territories. The positions under this post are peon, Mali, operator, junior Gestetner, Chowkidar, Farash, Daftary, Safaiwala etc.
MTS Exam Pattern- Tier-1 and Tier-2
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2022
Candidates can check the below-mentioned exam pattern for Paper-I and prepare for the examination. Paper-I will be a computer-based objective paper including 100 questions and has four sections as per earlier notifications.
SSC MTS Paper-I Objective Type Test
|Subjects||Marks||Number Of Questions||Total Duration General & PwD Candidates|
|General English||25||25||General- 90 Minutes
PwD- 120 Minutes
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
- There will be a total of 100 questions for a total of 100 marks asked in the computer-based exam and each question will carry 1 mark.
- For every incorrect answer, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
SSC MTS Paper-II Descriptive Type Test
In this paper, the candidates will have to write an essay or letter.
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Time duration|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or in any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50
|45 minutes (60 min in case of candidates eligible for using scribes)|
SSC MTS Study Material
Cracking MTS exam is quite easy if you do the preparation smartly. For preparing MTS exam, best choice is to practice with previous year question paper as much you can. By doing this you can familiar with question pattern and repeating questions. Tier-1/Paper-1 is an objective type which includes quantitative, reasoning, English and GK. One can easily pass the exam by doing mere and consistent preparation. There are many best books, exclusively for MTS exam available in the market. Select one among it and do the practice daily with a smart timetable. Some of the best SSC MTS study material and books are given below.
SSC MTS Study Material for Tier-1
Books for Quantitative Aptitude
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum Cat 2018 by Sarvesh K. Verma
- Magical Books on Quicker Maths (2018-2019) Session by M. Tyra
- SSC Elementary & Advanced Mathematics – 1567 by Kiran Prakashan
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic (Old Edition) by Rajesh Verma
Books for Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning (2018-2019) Session by MK Panday
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non Verbal Reasoning (Revised Edition) by S Chand Publication
- Kiran’s Tricky Approach to Competitive Reasoning Verbal & Non Verbal (Fully Solved) 7000+Objective Question Logical Reasoning & Analytical Ability – 1280
- A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwalii
Books for General English
- Quick Learning Objective General English by R.S. Aggarwal
- Perfect Competitive English by V K Sinha
- Competitive General English – 901 by Kiran Prakashan
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
Books for General Awareness
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- General Knowledge 2019 by Manohar Pandey
- NCERT Textbooks of class 9 and 10 (history, geography, economics and polity)
- Year Book
SSC MTS Study Material for Tier-2
Books for Essay Writing
- Essays By Arihant Publications
- Tata Mc Grow Hills Publications(Hindi/English)
- Hindi Nibandh by Arihant Publication
Books for Letter Writing
- A Handbook for Letter Writing by Arihant Publications(Hindi/English)
|English Language||General Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness|
Follow Entri Blog for more updates and upcoming exams. SSC MTS Tier 2 can be easily prepared through Entri App. Previous year question papers and exam pattern mock tests are easily available through us.
|SSC MTS Exam Information Links|
|SSC MTS Notification||SSC MTS Selection Process|
|SSC MTS Syllabus||SSC MTS Mock Test|
|SSC MTS Exam Date||SSC MTS Video Course|
|SSC MTS Application Form||SSC MTS Interview Questions|
|SSC MTS Vacancy||SSC MTS Job Profile|
|SSC MTS Admit Card||SSC MTS Salary|
|SSC MTS Study Plan||SSC MTS Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|SSC MTS Previous Question Papers||SSC MTS Result|
|SSC MTS Best Books||SSC MTS Cutoff|
|SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria||SSC MTS Exam Analysis|
|SSC MTS Answer Key|