Staff Selection Commission has invited applications from eligible candidates to fill the vacant Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) – Non Technical positions across different departments. Interested candidates can fill their applications from April 22 on-wards through the online mode.
The selection process includes two stages of screening followed by the document verification. The preliminary stage screening process is a Computer Based Test(CBT) for 100 marks in 90 minutes. The questions will be from four different categories. Each section will have 1/4 share in both the questions and marks. While the descriptive test is of qualifying nature and to test the candidates skill level in their selected language. Candidates can write the stage 02 descriptive test either in English or in any other language which is mentioned in the 8th schedule of the constitution.
Stage 01 Computer Based Test(CBT) :
- English Language
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Sentence Correction
- Writing ability etc.
2. General Intelligence and Reasoning
- similarities and differences,
- space visualization,
- problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making,
- visual memory, discriminating observation,
- relationship concepts, figure classification,
- arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, etc.
3. Numerical Aptitude
- Number Systems,
- Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers,
- Fundamental arithmetical operations,
- Percentages, Ratio, and Proportion, Averages,
- Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount,
- use of Tables and Graphs,
- Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
4. General Knowledge
- History, Polity & Geography
- Art & Culture
- Current Affairs etc.
Stage 02 – Descriptive Paper
Descriptive Paper is of qualifying nature. The candidates are supposed to write short essays or letters on the given topic. They are free to choose their medium of language between English & any of the languages specified in the 8th schedule of the constitution. This stage is to test the candidates’ basic language level. The test is for 50 marks in 30 minutes.
The stage 01 Computer-based test is tentatively scheduled for August 2019, and the descriptive paper is for November 2019.
Interested candidates can find more details from the official notification. Click here
Entri is an award-winning online platform which helps students to prepare for various competitive examinations and keeps them updated on various exam schedules. Practice question papers and mock tests for Kerala PSC, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, IIT JEE Mains, NEET, KEAM, and Comedk are available for students to know where they stand and prepare accordingly. Doubt forums are also made available to students to provide a platform for them to interact with experts and clear all their doubts and queries. A suitable app to help you stand out in various competitions.
Entri wishes all the candidates the very best for the upcoming examination.