Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is on the preparations of inviting applications for the post of Village Administrative Officer (VAO) 2020. The applications will be invited only through online mode. The TNPSC VAO 2020 recruitment notification is expected to be released soon. The VAO post comes under the category of Group IV services of Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. Last year the exam was conducted to fill up approximately 608 vacancies with good salary and other allowances also. Here in this article, you can read out the TNPSC VAO Eligibility Criteria 2020.
TNPSC Village Administrative Officer (VAO) 2020
|Exam Conducting Authority||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)|
|Name of the Post||Village Administrative Officer (VAO)|
|Selection Process||Written Exam and Interview|
|Admit Card Release Date||Yet to release|
|Last Date to get Admit Card||Yet to release|
|Exam Date and Time||December (Tentative)|
|Exam Center Location||Across Tamil Nadu|
TNPSC VAO 2020 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the TNPSC VAO Exam 2020, the candidates must satisfy certain conditions. Check out the following criteria such as Age limit and Educational Qualification.
TNPSC VAO Age Limit
|Categories||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|Candidates belongs to SC, SC (Arunthathiyars), ST, MBCs/DC, BC, BCM, and Destitute Widows.||21 Years||40 years|
|Others||21 Years||30 years|
|Differently Abled||10 years over the maximum age limit|
|Ex-Servicemen belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, and BCMs categories||Maximum age limit- 53 years|
|Ex-Servicemen belonging to no category||Maximum age limit- 48 years|
TNPSC VAO Educational Qualification:
- The candidate must possess Minimum General Educational Qualification.
- Must have passed S.S.L.C Public Examination or its equivalent with eligibility for admission to Higher Secondary Courses of Studies (or) to College Courses of studies.
TNPSC VAO Recruitment 2020 – Apply Online
The TNPSC Village Administrative Officer Recruitment 2020 is expected to start in the upcoming months. The applications can be submitted through online portal of TNPSC. Candidates who were new to TNPSC should register themselves through ‘One Time Registration (OTR)’ on the official website of Tamil Nadu PSC. It is necessary to create a profile page via OTR. It charges a one time fee of Rs.150/- which will be valid for 5 years from the date of registration.
- To register in the OTR, the candidate should have scanned copies of their photo, signature, and required certificates.
- The candidates should then create a profile with the User ID and password obtained.
- Then candidates can apply to any posts, if they are fulfilling the eligibility using their User ID and password.
- The online application requires the basic details of the candidate such as; Name of the Applicant, Educational qualifications, Communal Category, Date of Birth, Gender, Address, Email ID, Centre of Examination, Government employee, etc.
How to Apply Online for TNPSC VAO post 2020?
- Go to the TNPSC website.
- Go through the OTR process and create your User ID and password.
- Then candidates can select the post Village Administrative Officer which comes under Group IV Services.
- Fill the application form with your details, qualification, etc. and upload the scanned copies of documents.
- Preview and verify the information submitted and then click on Submit button.
- Finally you will then be directed to the payment gateway where you will have to pay the examination fees.
- Candidates can then download and save the application form in the PDF format and take a printout for future reference.
TNPSC VAO 2020 Application Fee
- One time registration (OTR) requires the candidates to pay a fee of Rs.150/-.
- The examination fee is Rs. 100/- to apply for any post.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST, Differently Abled and Destitute Widows, BC, and Ex-Servicemen are fully exempted from the fees.
NB: Candidates who have done OTR once need not pay the fees again as an OTR is valid for 5 years.
Selection Process of TNPSC VAO Recruitment 2020
- Written examination
- Document Verification and Counseling
The TNPSC VAO Exam 2020 comprises of objective type questions, which has 3 sections like General Studies, Aptitude and Mental Ability Test and General Tamil/ General English. The paper is of 300 marks and the duration of exam will be 3 hours. After qualifying in the written exam, candidates would be summoned for document verification and counseling. Then only the final merit list will be published according to the number of vacancies.
Attempt free mock tests of TNPSC and other PSC exams on Entri app. Entri provides study materials as video classes, daily quizzes, mock tests, etc.