A developer is a career that is growing day by day. The growth prospectus is much higher when compared to other occupations. A developer conceives the idea and designs and develops software for computers and mobile phones. Some developers deal with new applications and software development, while some others keep working with underlying operating systems. This is the most important part of the field of information technology. Many top firms require software developers for their technical department and it is one of the highest-paid jobs. The basic need for a developer is the knowledge of programming languages. There are many languages out there for different purposes. For example, Swift is a programming language that mainly focuses on ios app development. Java is a programming language that mainly focuses on android app development. So choosing a career as a developer need to be based on the goals to be achieved.
What is Kotlin?
Kotlin is considered a modern, cross-platform programming language. It mainly focuses on android app development. It is a relatively young programming language in the field. Kotlin is said to overtake java in near future. The main attraction of this general-purpose programming language is that it completely interoperates with Java. Google extended its support to Kotlin recently. This happened because Kotlin is type-safe and null-safe. Most of the experts say that in many aspects Kotlin is better than Java. This became evident when google itself extend its support to Kotlin. While some others say Kotlin is not a complete replacement for Java but its interoperability with Java gives the added advantage of using Kotlin and Java libraries by a developer.
Are you aspiring for a booming career in IT? If YES, then dive in
Key Advantages of Kotlin
- It is secure and it has a compact code
- Able to interoperate with Java
- Debugging is easy with Kotlin
- A young Programming language that is fast and safe
- Relatively easier to maintain
- Effective optimization of Codes
- HIghly helpful to boost the productivity of the developer
- Relatively fewer and clear codes
- Kotler supports a multi-platform development
Scope of Kotlin Developers
Top Interview questions for Kotlin Developers
As we know that is a better choice to build a good career let us look into some questions which have the probability to ask in a Kotlin interview.
1. Define Kotlin Language?
Kotlin is a general-purpose, cross-platform language used for application developments. Especially Android Mobile applications.
2. List out reasons to use Kotlin
Web Development and Android development is the main use of Kotlin. It interoperates with Java to make programming easier.
3. Kotlin was developed by?
It is developed by Jetbrains
4. Is it possible to switch to Kotlin from Java?
Yes. Java codes are automatically converted to Kotlin when you paste them into the editor.
5 List out the key benefits of Kotlin
It is secure. Easy to debug. Interoperate with Java to code android apps. It is easier to maintain.
6. What are the main skills needed for a Kotlin Developer?
He must be familiar with Database. Need knowledge in web frameworks.Must know Java.Experience in the field of software development and application development.
7. Define the use of extension functions in Kotlin?
It helps to add “class” to methods without using any design pattern.
8. Is Kotlin interoperable with Java?
Yes. If you know java codes it can be used for Kotlin as it is automatically converting.
9. How to define a variable in Kotlin?
Kotlin uses two different keywords to define variables, ie val, and var.
10. Is it possible that Kotlin can be used for Web Development?
11. What is the key advantage of Kotlin when interoperable with Java?
The use of both libraries give vast resources to the developer
13. Is Kotlin is limited to Android app development?
No. Kotlin is used for software development and web development too.
14. Is it possible to migrate Java code to Kotlin?
Yes. When you copy-paste Java code in the editor, it will automatically convert to Kotlin code.
15. List out the various data types available in Kotlin?
Four main data types are Integer, Floating Point, Boolean, and Character
16. What is ‘null-safety’ in Kotlin?
A variable cannot behold null. If we try to assign null the compiler will give an error.
17. List out the advantages of Kotlin over Java
There is only a need of writing a few codes in Kotlin. Kotlin is easy to code than Java. Kotlin holds a strong community with a huge support system.
18. List out some disadvantages of Kotlin
The main disadvantage is the compilation speed is low. Low human resources in the Kotlin field.
19. Explain the term data class concerning Kotlin?
Data classes in Kotlin means a class that holds data and contains standard functionalities.
20. How many constructors are there in Kotlin?
There are only two. Primary and Secondary
21. What are the programming types supported by Kotlin?
Kotlin supports both object-oriented and functional programming.
22. Explain the use of abstraction in Kotlin?
If we don’t know how the Kotlin functionalities are implemented abstraction helps in that process.
23. How can we compare two strings in Kotlin?
Equality operator “==” is used to comparing.
24. What is val and var in Kotlin?
Both used to declare variables in Kotlin. Var is called a mutable variable and val is an immutable one.
25. Explain the type of modifiers available in Kotlin?
The flour types available are Private, Protected, Internal, and Public.
Kotlin has a strong community and it becomes even stronger when it interoperates with Java. These communities extend much-needed support to developers. In this technologically advanced world, it is evident that programming languages have a key role to play. So learning a programming language will help in building a good career. So in the case of Kotlin, it is the future of android development. Gaining some basic knowledge of Java along with Kotlin will make a strong background for app development and career.
|Our Other Courses|
|MEP Course||Quantity Surveying Course||Montessori Teachers Training Course|
|Performance Marketing Course||Practical Accounting Course||Yoga Teachers Training Course|