Table of Contents
If you are in the e-commerce business, you know that digital marketing can be your biggest ally when it comes to generating more sales and brand awareness. The importance of digital marketing in e-commerce grow by enhancing their visibility, improving their search rankings, and converting more visitors into customers. But if you’re wondering how to use digital marketing strategies to grow your business, it can seem overwhelming. Digital marketing refers to the various techniques and channels used to promote your products or services online, including search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, social media, email marketing, inbound marketing, and many others. Since your website will be your main hub of e-commerce activity, it’s crucial that you use digital marketing tactics to maximize its potential and boost customer engagement. To increase your chances of being found by customers, here are the ways to grow your e-commerce business with digital marketing.
1) Best time of day to post
The best time to post on social media is when your audience is most active. For most businesses, this is during the workday. Posting during the workday ensures that your content will be seen by the greatest number of people. However, you should also consider posting outside of work hours to reach a different audience. If your target audience consists mostly of younger users, for example, then it might make sense to focus more on social media at night or during weekend hours. Facebook’s new measurement tool gives you insight into how many people are seeing your posts based on their geographic location and what times they’re online. Here’s an easy way to use it: Go through your posts and pick out three that performed well in terms of engagement. Upload them to the tool as A, B, and C. Analyze which one had the highest reach (this would be C) but was least engaging (B). Consider tweaking or adjusting these two options so you can maximize your results in both categories. You’ll want to identify how far from standard 9-5 business hours those engagements were occurring and decide if there are ways to extend them (for example, running contests or deals on Twitter at specific times).
2) Using Digital Photos vs Stock Photos
The quality of your product photos can make or break your eCommerce business. While it may be tempting to save money by using free stock photos, this is usually a mistake. Low-quality images will make your products look cheap and will turn customers away. Instead, invest in high-quality digital photos that accurately represent your products. This will give potential customers a positive first impression and help you boost sales. One way to take high-quality photos is by shooting them yourself with a camera (though, if you’re not an expert photographer, the extra work could end up being more than it’s worth). Alternatively, some businesses use software like Photoshop to create professional-looking pictures without having to take all the pictures themselves. Whichever method you choose, remember: higher quality images lead to higher conversions.
3) Create more Landing Pages
You can use digital marketing to increase the number of landing pages on your website. This will help you capture more leads and convert more sales. Plus, it can also help you improve your search engine ranking and organic traffic. Here are a few tips for creating high-converting landing pages:
- Use great copy – Landing page copy is arguably the most important aspect of the page. Don’t underestimate how much people read while they’re browsing websites – they’ll only scroll if they find something interesting or want to get somewhere else quickly. If your content is compelling enough, visitors might even scroll through all of it. In order to have a truly compelling page, be sure that there’s not too much text on the page. Also, make sure that everything is easy to find. For example, put your logo in an obvious place at the top of the page, and don’t put a contact us button off in some corner where customers will have trouble finding it.
- Include an opt-in form: A common mistake eCommerce businesses make when designing their landing pages is neglecting to include an opt-in form.
4) Use your Best Content more often
You’ve probably heard the saying, Content is king. And that’s true! Good content can be a powerful tool to help your importance of digital marketing in e-commerce. By using your best content more often, you can attract new visitors, build trust and credibility, and turn one-time buyers into lifelong fans. Check out these ways digital marketing can help your e-commerce business grow
1) Use your best content more often: You’ve probably heard the saying, Content is king. And that’s true! Good content can be a powerful tool to help your e-commerce business grow. By using your best content more often, you can attract new visitors, build trust and credibility, and turn one-time buyers into lifelong fans.
2) Create blog posts about customer success stories: It will feel great hearing from customers who are thrilled with their purchase (and it will make them happy too). One strategy is to create blog posts about customer success stories – people love reading positive reviews of products they want or need. Be sure to include what product they bought, why they liked it so much, and any other information that might spark interest in a potential buyer.
3) Advertise on Facebook & Instagram Stories: With Facebook Stories alone reaching over 200 million daily users, this could be an opportunity for your e-commerce store to generate new leads or sales. On Instagram Stories alone there are 500 million daily active users which means it’s worth taking advantage of this opportunity for paid advertising as well as organic reach on this popular platform.
4) Try Snapchat Geofilters for National Holidays: If you have some marketing budget left over this holiday season try setting up some filters on Snapchat during national holidays like Independence Day or Thanksgiving.
5) Create an App
You can use digital marketing to promote your app and get it in front of more potential customers. By optimizing your app store page, using social media, and running ads, you can reach a wider audience and generate more downloads. And once you have users, you can use push notifications and in-app messages to keep them engaged. With a little effort, you can use digital marketing to grow your e-commerce business. Here are the ways to do so · Optimize Your App Store Page: Once you’ve developed an app, the first step is to optimize the app store page by using clear titles, relevant keywords, detailed descriptions, screenshots and an appropriate icon. It’s also helpful to include customer reviews on the detail page if they’re available. · Social Media: Use any applicable social media channels (e.g., Facebook Ads) to share posts about new features or content updates as well as offers that drive engagement on your platform. For example, if you release a new level for your game or offer discounts for purchases over $50 during holidays then consider promoting these offers through Facebook Ads for increased visibility and engagement with targeted audiences. If this sounds daunting, don’t worry! There are plenty of great tools that can help you set up promotional campaigns without requiring lots of time or money. These include Hootsuite and Google Adwords. Remember, successful social media campaigns take time to develop and measure; think long term before giving up on them!
6) Facebook ads
You can use Facebook ads to reach a large audience with laser precision. You can target people based on interests, demographics, and even behaviors. Plus, you can track how well your ads are performing and adjust them accordingly. To learn more about this powerful tool, check out our blog post Facebook Ads: How They Work. It’s also important to know that Facebook offers several types of ad formats: boosted posts, sponsored stories, in-stream video ads, link ads, and canvas advertisements. If you want more information about these formats and the data they offer, then read our blog post-Facebook Ads: How They Work . It’s also important to know that Facebook offers several types of ad formats: boosted posts, sponsored stories, in-stream video ads, link ads, and canvas advertisements. If you want more information about these formats and the data they offer, then read our blog post Facebook Ads: How They Work. It’s also important to know that Facebook offers several types of ad formats: boosted posts, sponsored stories, in-stream video ads, link ads, and canvas advertisements. If you want more information about these formats and the data they offer, then read our blog post Facebook Ads.
7) Twitter Ads
Twitter ads are a great way to reach out to potential customers on a platform they already use. You can target potential customers by location, interests, and even keywords. Plus, Twitter ads are relatively inexpensive and easy to set up. Here are a few tips for getting the most out of Twitter ads for your importance of digital marketing in e-commerce 1) Create compelling content that will generate leads – Content is king when it comes to digital marketing campaigns. If you want people to click on your ad, you need good content that appeals to them specifically. Make sure you know who your target audience is before creating content that speaks directly to them.
2) Choose specific targeting options – There are tons of different targeting options available in Twitter ads, so make sure you know what you’re looking for in order to get the best results from your campaign.
8) Pinterest ads
1. First, you need to create a Pinterest business account. This is different from a personal account and will allow you to access features like analytics and Promoted Pins.
2. Once you have a business account, you can create ads directly on Pinterest. The format is similar to a regular Pin, but you’ll have the option to promote it as an ad.
3. You can also run ad campaigns through partner platforms like Google Ads and Microsoft Advertising. These platforms will give you more targeting options and allow you to track your results more effectively.
4. When creating your ad, be sure to use high-quality images and compelling copy. Your goal is to stand out from the millions of other Pins out there!
9) Instagram ads
You can create an Instagram ad in just a few minutes, and it’s a great way to reach new potential customers. Just make sure your ad is well-targeted and visually appealing. It’s also important to measure the success of your ads so you know what content and messages are working best for you. Facebook Ads: You can use Facebook Ads to drive traffic from Facebook to your site. For example, if you have products on sale, you could run an ad promoting the sale for a specific period of time. The key here is that because you’re driving traffic from Facebook, there are no additional costs beyond what it takes to advertise on the platform itself. These ads tend not only to be effective but cost-effective as well! Content marketing: Content marketing may seem like an old idea when everyone has seemingly heard about its importance already, but that doesn’t mean it’s any less valuable than ever before! Content marketing is an excellent tool for e-commerce businesses to create blog posts, guides, or other types of content that will help attract new customers and keep existing ones happy. And by content, we don’t just mean text! There are tons of videos out there today (YouTube being one popular destination) that people are eager to watch–so consider using video content as a powerful way to showcase your company and increase sales. One big tip? Keep it short and sweet–people don’t want to sit through a 10 minute video unless they’re absolutely hooked at the beginning! Speaking engagements: If you want someone else do all the work for you (and honestly, who doesn’t?), speak at events or conferences where audiences would be interested in hearing about your company’s offerings.
10) Google Adwords
Google AdWords is a form of paid advertising, also known as pay-per-click (PPC), where businesses can display ads in the Google search engine results page (SERP). Paid advertising on Google can be a great way to get your ecommerce business in front of potential customers who are actively searching for your product or service. However, there are other ways that digital marketing can help you grow your ecommerce business. You may want to invest in SEO, or search engine optimization. SEO includes optimizing your website content and links so that it appears higher up on Google’s rankings when people look for keywords related to your company and industry. For example, an SEO company could create content such as blog posts or press releases that use relevant keywords while including links back to your website from those pages. The more traffic from these posts, the higher you’ll rank on Google’s SERPs. YouTube is another good place to advertise your products if they’re visual enough. YouTube has over 1 billion active users monthly and many of them watch videos related to online shopping.
In fact, according to data released by HubSpot, 57% of consumers say watching a video about a product makes them more likely to buy. But what about all the small businesses that don’t have big budgets? No problem! Free platforms like Facebook provide lots of opportunities for smaller companies looking for targeted audiences with similar interests. You can set up free or low-cost Facebook ads based on demographics, age group, interests, and location. If you are interested to learn new digital marketing skills, the Entri app will help you to acquire them very easily. Entri app is following a structural study plan so that the students can learn very easily. If you don’t have a coding background, it won’t be a problem. You can download the Entri app from the google play store and enroll in your favorite course.