We are fortunate enough to have access to the most powerful computers and mobiles up to date, but what would we do if we lose everything on our computer? Crashes happen more often than we think, data recovery can cost us hundreds of dollars, and recovering everything that we have stored on our computer is not guaranteed. We understand, life gets hectic and it’s easy to forget to back up your files. Join us on March 31st, as we celebrate World Backup Day.
History Of World Backup Day
The observation originally started as World Backup Month, and later changed to World Backup Day. Maxtor, a company specializing in hard drives, initiated this annual celebration. Now taking place every year on March 31, World Backup Day reminds us to make multiple copies of our digital treasures, or risk losing them all forever. Considering how reliant humans are on technology now, we still haven’t cultivated habits that will ensure that our information and personal data are secure and safe.
It happens to all of us — that one important photo or video that was captured to immortalize a moment, but it doesn’t exist anymore. Broken hard drives, hacked computers, erratic phones, or any other glitch that erased irretrievable items, we’ve all experienced it. World Backup Day falls on the day before April Fools Day, which is perfect timing. Pranksters and hackers are prone to play jokes on unsuspecting individuals, so it’s better to be safe than sorry. The holiday was observed for the first time in 2011 and over time, has become that one day when we won’t say “we’ll back it up tomorrow.”
When you back up the data, you’re making a second copy of anything and everything that you don’t want to lose. you can restore the backups to your computer (or phone, tablet, etc.) with a backup service. Technically, a backup just refers to any piece of data that exists in two places. The primary purpose of a backup is to have a recovery plan should the primary data become inaccessible, so it’s common to keep backups offsite like online or, at the very least, on a second hard drive, even another internal one.
Why Should we BackUp?
There are several scenarios that could take place where having a backup of your data would be useful:
- Your phone gets stolen, and you lose all your pictures and videos
- An external hard drive crashes, deleting your home videos. In the event that your device fails for good, your personal files will be safe and secure on the cloud storage or alternate device.
- You forget your laptop outside and you’ve lost all your homework
- A virus holds your data hostage until you pay to remove the restraints
- You accidentally delete something important
- One small mistake can lead to a disastrous loss of data
- New types of viruses can penetrate even the best anti-virus protection firewalls.
- Multiple copies of really important files will put your mind at ease.
- Due to Sudden system shutdowns
- Hardware failure
- In the event that your device fails for good, your personal files will be safe and secure on the cloud storage or alternate device.
World Backup Day Activities
- Copy your files to an external hard drive. Set aside 15 minutes to an hour to back up all of the existing files on your desktop, laptop or pc. Simply purchase a hard drive of your liking – we recommend 1TB drives or more – and copy your files to the drive.
- Play in the clouds. There are plenty of companies that specialize in storing your documents online. Do your research and figure out which service works best for you. We recommend the Google Cloud, WMware Storage or Barracuda Cloud Storage, but they are all great. Using a cloud backup service is the easiest and most economical and effective way of keeping your important data safe.
- Back that thing up party. Invite all the employees on your team to back up their files with one of the methods above. This will create a safer culture among your staff and prevent any projects from slipping through the crack. The last thing you need is a client asking for a file that was wrongfully discarded.
some more online backup resources
- Backblaze Review
- Unlimited Online Backup Plans
- Free Online Backup Plans
Why is it important to choose Entri?
- Excellent online platform for all the Competitive Exams.
- Provides updated materials created by the Entri Experts.
- Entri provides a best platform with full- length mock tests including previous year question papers.
- You can download the app for free and join the required classes.
- Entri wishes you all the best for your examinations and future endeavors.
- Entri is always ready with answers to the questions you ask.
- Why waiting? Start your studies today. All the best.