World Computer Literacy Day is celebrated on December 2 every year. In order to provide computer literacy to the people who are not able to get proper information related to information technology, World Computer Literacy Day is celebrated in India. World Computer Literacy Day was first marked in 2001 by an Indian company in response to a study that said that majority of computer users in the world are men. In this article, we will be sharing all the details related to the celebrations of the World Computer Literacy Day 2022. You can check out the theme and the quotes related to this day and create awareness related to computer literacy in India by taking into consideration the women and children who are not able to afford proper computer literacy.
World Computer Literacy Day 2022 – Date
World Computer Literacy Day 2022 is celebrated in order to provide proper awareness related to computer literacy for people around the world. It was launched by the Indian company NIIT to mark its 20th anniversary in 2001. World Computer Literacy Day 2022 date is 2nd December 2022 and on this day, there will be proper awareness related to the development of technological skills among children and women in India. It will aim to create awareness and provide digital literacy to the communities who are underserved and are not able to get proper financial abilities.
World Computer Literacy Day Theme 2022
The theme for World Computer Literacy Day 2021 was “Literacy for human-centered recovery: Narrowing the digital divide.” However, this year’s theme has not been disclosed yet.
World Computer Literacy Day 2022 Significance
As of 2021, half of the world’s population was still not online. The real impact of lack of access to computers and internet was starkly highlighted by the COVID-19 pandemic. In this digitizing world, it is really important for each individual to have knowledge on computers and Internet. It is necessary to address the digital divide and promote computer and digital literacy among people.
World Computer Literacy Day 2022 History
World Computer Literacy Day was first marked in 2001 by an Indian company, NIIT to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the institute. The day was initiated in response to a study that said that majority of computer users in the world are men.
Speaking on the history of World Computer Literacy Day, the Chairman and Co-Founder of NIIT Group and Founder of NIIT University, Rajendra S Pawar said: “World Computer Literacy Day was first observed on NIIT’s 20th Foundation Day on December 2, 2001. Members of Parliament were trained on computers in the presence of the then-Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and a customized postal envelope to symbolise the spread of computer literacy across the country was also unveiled.”
“When NIIT was started 40 years ago, we had a very simple mission of ‘bringing people and computers together,’ which over the decades, has evolved into a broader theme of ‘helping people realize their true potential,” he added.
World Computer Literacy Day 2022 Quotes
You can celebrate World Computer Literacy Day by creating awareness related to the people who are not able to afford quality education but have the potential to bring a very informative change in the information technology department in India. Given below, we are sharing some messages that you can share on your social media to celebrate this day.
- “Video games provide an easy lead-in to computer literacy. They can get you thinking like a video game designer and can even lead to designing since many games come with software to modify the game or redesign it.”
- “A computer does not substitute for judgment any more than a pencil substitute for literacy. But writing without a pencil is no particular advantage.”
- “Education is learning what you didn’t even know you didn’t know.”
- “Similarly, computer literacy courses tend to produce computer people who know a lot about computers or a piece of software but they don’t help people become fluent with the machine”
- “It’s not computer literacy that we should be working on, but sort of human literacy. Computers have to become human-literate.”
- Computers are quiet and clean and totally distracting because the Internet is there, lying in wait for a moment of weakness to pounce on your creativity and progress.
- It’s not computer literacy that we should be working on, but sort of human literacy. Computers have to become human-literate.
World Computer Literacy Day 2022 Quiz
1. Who invented Computer?
a. Charles Babbage
b. Alan Turing
c. Edward Ryan
d. Albert Einstein
2. A computer use which type of number system to calculate and store data?
4. Part of a computer that allows a user to put information into the computer is called ______________.
b. Output Device
d. Operating System
a. Arithmetic Logic Unit
b. Algebra Logic Unit
c. Arithmetic Logical Unit
d. None of the Above