SBI or State Bank of India the largest bank in India conducts the SBI PO exam for the post of Probationary Officer (PO) every year. The official notification will be released in April and eligible aspirants can apply for the same. This is surely a great opportunity for the aspirants to secure a stable and smooth career with the most reputed bank in the country. The most attractive part here is that the qualification required for it is graduation from any stream.
You must apply for this post, prepare very hard and give your luck a chance to ace this golden opportunity. Note that the competition level of SBI PO is very high as more than 25 lakh applicants appeared in SBI PO every year for around 2000 post vacancies. This makes nearly 0.0009 of the success ratio. SBI PO is conducted in 3 main stages namely Prelims, Mains and Group Discussion/ Interview, which makes it very difficult to crack as you have to clear all the three levels to be a part of this bank.
Now let us find out what special perks and facilities do SBI proffers to its officers which makes it highly competitive. And, why PO positions in this bank are more preferred compared to any other bank?
You will be surprised to know about the facilities that SBI provides to its POs over those offered by any other bank. So, further, we will discuss the 10 Perks of Securing a Job in SBI as a Probationary Officer in this article.
Click Here to attempt free SBI PO 2020 Sectional mock tests!!!
10 Interesting reasons for Securing a Job in SBI as a Probationary Officer
In this section we are discussing the 10 Perks of Securing a Job in SBI as a Probationary Officer:
1.Largest Bank of India
- SBI is not only the largest bank of India but also the largest finance company in the country.
- It has over 13,000 branches, 5 associate banks, and 7 non-banking subsidiaries.
- It has multinational branches in various other countries as well.
2. Holds an esteemed Position in India and Abroad
- It holds a very good reputation as a prestigious bank in the world.
- It has also won the ‘Best Public-Sector Bank’ award for multiple years leaving all top Indian banks behind.
- SBI was also ranked at the 11th position in the Most Trusted Brands – 2010 in India.
3. Well-Paid Bank
- It undoubtedly offers the highest entry-level compensation to its POs in the banking industry.
- It gives four absolute advance increments to the newly hired POs.
- It provides very good annual enumeration compared to any other bank in India
- The employees also are given leave travel concession to visit places within India.
- SBI owns holiday homes and guest houses at tourist places which the officers can avail at a very nominal charge.
- It also provides housing loans, car loan and personal loans to the associates at a concessionary rate of interest as compared to the market.
- SBI offers a scholarship to the talented children of the associates.
4. Ensures Well Being of its employees
- It provides medical benefits to its employees and their families. It covers the entire medical expenses for the employees and a major part of expenses for the dependents.
- It also offers up to 30 days of paid medical leave for the employees in a calendar year.
5. Time-off for the employees
- SBI provides very attractive leave policies for its Post which includes 33 days of privilege leave and 12 days of casual leave in one year.
- They are also given sick leaves, maternity leave, and paternity leave, as required. Then the female associates and single men with children or ailing or aged parents can get a vacation leave of up to two years.
Get Free Mock Tests for various Competitive Exams !!!
6. Residential Accommodations for Pos
- It provides high-class luxury apartments to its Probationary Officers on lease.
- If you are posted at a major center, you will get a good apartment owned by the bank.
- At other places, it pays you the rent of 7-9% (depending on the location) of your salary as the house rent allowance.
7. Better Chances of Getting Confirmed in a Higher Grade or Scale
- The POs at any bank in India join in probation of two years.
- Capable Probation Officers are given a chance to go through a screening test at the end of their probation. If they qualify the requirements, they are placed at a higher grade.
8. Assuring a Brightest Career Path for Talented workers
- It gives a lot of growth opportunities to the hardworking and talented officers. It follows an attractive promotion policy, which lets the admirable and extremely talented POs to reach the top management grade in a short period.
9. Overseas Deputations
- This job is best suited for you if you have aspirations to work abroad. Being a global leader in the banking sector it has around 200 branches in 40 countries of the world.
- If you can prove your talent during your probation, you could be given a chance to work at any of these offices in the initial phase of your career itself.
10. Mind-Blowing Opportunities at other Organizations of SBI
- Apart from excelling in the banking sector with its five banks, SBI also owns seven non-banking organizations which include Merchant Banking, Receivable Financing, Credit Cards, Life Insurance, Funds Management, Bill Financing, and General Insurance.
- The employee may even get opportunities to prove their spirit at these organizations as well.
So, hope that this article gives you a good enough reason to prepare for the SBI exam. Download the entri app today and help yourself ace through this exam. All the best!
Download Entri App and attempt Free Mock Tests of SBI PO Exam !!!
Discussion about this post