Kerala PSC has published the detailed syllabus for the Travancore Titanium Assistant Manager recruitment. PSC will conduct the written test against the 2020 recruitment for the Assistant Manager Mechanical in Travancore Titanium against the notification cat: 003/2020 in June 2021. During the notification period, PSC has announced only one vacancy and the latest numbers are yet to know. The hired candidates in the Travancore Titanium can join the company as the Assistant Manager in Mechanical stream on the pay scale of Rs.11910-19350. Read the below article to know more about Assistant Manager Mechanical Syllabus 2021.
Assistant Manager Mechanical Syllabus 2021
Kerala PSC has published the detailed syllabus for the recruitment notification: 003/ 2020 for the Assistant Manager (Mechanical). THe said recruitment is for the Travancore Titanium Products Ltd, a leading manufacturer of anatase grade titanium dioxide in Kerala.
Fluid Mechanics and Machines
- Flow-through pipes- Turbulent flow through pipes, Head loss due to friction, friction factor, Mody’s
chart, Darcy- weisbach equation, Chezy’s formula.
- Hydraulic Turbines: Impulse and Reaction Turbines – Pelton Wheel -Velocity triangles – Euler’s equation – Speed ratio, jet ratio & work is done, losses and efficiencies
- Design of Pelton wheel inward and outward flow reaction turbines, Francis Turbine -Positive displacement pumps- reciprocating pump – air vessels and their purposes – separation and cavitations – slip negative slip and work required and efficiency-indicator diagram effect of acceleration and friction on indicator diagram
Assistant Manager Mechanical Syllabus: Thermodynamics
- General Thermodynamic Relations – Combined First and Second law equations – Helmholtz and Gibb’s functions – Maxwell’s Relations, equations for internal energy, enthalpy and entropy, ideal and real gases.
- Throttling process, Joule Thomson Coefficient, inversion curve.
- Properties of Gas Mixtures: composition of a gas mixture – Mass and Mole Fraction, Dalton’s law, Gibbs -Daltons Law, equivalent molecular weight and gas constant, properties of gas mixtures -Specific Heats,
Internal energy, enthalpy and Entropy
Metallurgy and Material Science
- Equilibrium diagrams-Construction and uses- Equilibrium diagram of binary alloys: Eutectic, Eutectoid, Peritectic and peritectoid reactions.
- Iron-Carbon Equilibrium diagram, Isothermal TTT diagrams, Critical cooling rate. Heat treatment processes, Hardenability tests. Surface treatments, Case Hardening, Carburising, Nitriding, Cynading, Induction hardening. Properties, composition and uses of various types of Cast Iron and Steels – Effect of various alloying elements.
- Properties, composition and uses of Copper, Aluminium, Titanium and its alloys
- Arc welding- Carbon arc welding, Shielded metal arc welding, Submerged arc welding, TIG, MIG.
- Resistance welding- Spot welding, Seam welding, Projection welding, Butt welding, Flash butt welding, Percussion welding.
- Solid-phase welding-forge welding, friction welding, explosive welding, ultrasonic welding.
- Thermit welding, Atomic hydrogen welding, Electron beam welding.
- Types of rolling mills-Rolling of channels, I and rail sections. Rolling of tubes, wheels and axles.
- Defects in rolled products. Forging- open and closed die forging, press forging, roll forging, types of forging presses. Defects in forging.
- Extrusion-hot and cold extrusion-Wire drawing-Rotary piercingRotary swaging, Cold forming-thread rolling, metal spinning.
Assistant Manager Mechanical Syllabus: Thermal Engineering
- Combustion in CI and SI engines, factors affecting auto ignition, pre-ignition.
- Gas turbine classification, simple cycle, isentropic efficiency and mechanical efficiency, cycle efficiency and work output.
- Reciprocating compressor- equation for work with and without clearance volume, efficiencies. Fourier
law of heat conduction- One-dimensional steady-state conduction with and without heat generation.
- Newton’s law of cooling-Dimensional analysis-Buckingham’s Pi theorem- Application of dimensional analysis to free and forced convection- Radiation-Nature of thermal radiation-definitions and concepts monochromatic and total emissive power-Intensity of radiation- solid angle- absorptivity, reflectivity and
transmissivity -Concept of the black body- Planck’ law- -Stefan Boltzmann’s law.
- Vapour compression systems-simple cycle – representation on T- s and P-h Diagrams.
- COPEffect of operating parameters on COP — methods of improving COP of simple cycle- superheating, undercooling.
- Different combinations of evaporator and compressor for different applications, Cascade system Vapour absorption systems – Ammonia – water system – simple system- Lithium Bromide water system- Electrolux- comparison with vapour compression system-steam jet refrigeration.
Theory of Mechanism and Machines
- Mechanisms – Degrees of freedom – Kutzbach criterion – Grashof s Law – Kinematic inversions – Concepts of mechanical advantage.
- Transmission angle, Coupler curve.
- Introduction to graphical and vector approaches.
- Straight-line mechanisms – Watt mechanism – Peaucellier mechanism – Harts mechanism.
- Steering mechanisms. Power transmission- Open and cross belt drive – length of belt – the ratio of belt tensions – centrifugal tensions- initial tensions- V belt drive-Rope drive -Plate clutches – Conical clutches -Analysis of shoe, band, band and block brakes-internal expanding shoe brakes.
- Types of gears -Terminology- law of gearing – gear tooth profiles.-interference and undercutting,- calculation of the minimum number of teeth, contact ratio, the path of contact, the arc of contact,- effect of friction in gears.
- Types of gear trains-compound, reverted and epicyclic.
- Torque in epicyclic gear trains.
- Design of spur gear, Helical gear, bevel gear and worm gear-AGMA standards.
- Design of I.C engine parts- cylinder, piston connecting rod, Crankshaft, Flywheel.
- Thread standards – stresses in screw threads, Power screw- analysis of power screws. Shaft couplings, – stresses in couplings design of couplings.
- Welded joints – types of welded joints – stresses in butt and fillet welds -torsion and bending in welded
joints – Pressure vessels, thin cylinders, Thick cylinder equation, classification and use of spring deflection of helical springs – design of helical springs for static and fatigue loading – design of leaf springs.
Click here to download the Kerala PSC Assistant Manager Mechanical Travancore Titanium Syllabus Free PDF
Entri wishes you all the best for all your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.