Let us check the important book list that will aid with your bank exam preparation. The correct choice of the book will certainly help to move with preparations. As the bank exams are highly competitive and getting tougher, the preparation should be perfectly done. There are a lot of books available for each subject. So, it is really difficult to choose an apt book. It is always recommended to choose a book that covers the whole syllabus. Here we are listing some best books for bank exam preparation. Check out the books and prepare for upcoming Banking exams 2020.
Aspirants can also choose online platforms available for preparations. Online apps like Entri, will provide you with exam-wise topics, daily/ weekly and monthly current affairs updates, rank booster sections, previous year questions papers of respective bank exams.
Get tips to crack the Bank interview 2020.
Get notes on weekly current affairs.
There are various banking related exams that aspirants are awaiting this year. This includes:
- SBI PO / Clerk / SO
- IBPS PO / Clerk / SO
- IBPS RRB
- NABARD/ SEBI
- Various Insurance Exams
All these exams have more or less similar exam pattern and syllabus. All these exams have prelims and Mains phase. Except for clerical exams, all other posts have an interview section.
The prelims and mains covers- English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, General Awareness, Computer Awareness, Banking, and Financial Awareness.
Practice Banking Awareness Quiz for upcoming Banking Exams 2020.
Best Books for Bank Exam
While choosing books for preparation, candidates should keep in mind certain points:
- The book should simple and easy to understand the points.
- It should describe shortcut methods other than long solutions.
- It should cover each and every topic in the syllabus.
- There should be enough practice sections and questions.
- Too much money should not be wasted upon books with less content.
Now let us see the Best Books for Bank Exam for each subject.
How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude of Bank exams?
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- Objective English for competitive examinations by Hari Mohan Prasad
- English Grammar and Composition S.Chand Publications
- Quick Learning Objective General English by R.S Agarwal, and Vikas Agarwal
- Descriptive General English by S P Bakshi and Richa Sharma
- Objective General English by S.J Thakur and S. K Raut
- Better English by Norman Lewis
Test your Vocabulary-Based on the Hindu Editorial.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations R. S Agarwal (S. Chand Publication)
- Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma (TMH Publication)
- Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics by M Tyra (BSC Publication)
- Quantum Cat by Sarvesh Kumar Verma
- Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic – Arihant
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude Test by N.K. Singh
- Comprehensive Guide to IBPS-CWE Bank PO/MT Prelim + Main Exam by Disha Publications
- Kiran’s textbook of Quickest Mathematics
- Objective Mathematics for Competitive Examinations by Tarun Goyal – Arihant Publications
Check SBI Clerk 30 days study plan.
- A Modern approach Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by BS Sijwali
- Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal
- Analytical Reasoning – MK Pandey
- A New Approach to Logical Reasoning – B.S. Sijwali + Indu Sijwali – Arihant Publications
- SSC Reasoning Chapterwise – S.N. Prasad – Kiran Publications
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal – Arihant Publications
- A Modern Approach to Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning – N. Singh – Made Easy Publications
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal by B. S Sijwali
- Logical reasoning by K Kundan
Practice Reasoning Ability Mock Tests.
General Awareness, Banking, and Financial Awareness
- Newspapers like the Hindu, Economic Times, The Indian Express, etc
- Daily and monthly magazines, Entri App for current affairs
- Manorama Yearbook
- Banking Awareness by B.K Publications
- General Knowledge – Made Easy Publications
- The Person GK Manual – Edgar Thorpe and Showick Thorpe – Pearson Publications
- General Studies – Manohar Pandey – Arihant Publications
- Dhankar Current Affairs – Dhankar Publications
- Competition Infocus – Arihant Publications
- Static GK General Knowledge by Arihant
- Banking Awareness for Bank Clerk/PO/ SO/RRB/RBI Exams by Disha Experts
- Banking Awareness: The Complete Book for IBPS Bank Po and Clerk Examinations (Arihant)
- Bank Clerk Preliminary Examination by Arihant
- Banking Awareness by Javed Siddiqui
- Banking Awareness by Arihant Publications
Attempt Banking Exams Mock Tests and Previous Year Question Papers.
- Marketing Aptitude – Disha Publications
- Computer Awareness – Dhankar Publications for PO
- Computer Awareness – Lucent Publications for Clerk
- Objective Computer Awareness by Somya Ranjan Behera
- Marketing Aptitude – R. Gupta – RG Publications
- Computer Literacy And Knowledge for Bank P.O. and Bank Clerk Exam by Kiran Prakashan
- Lucent’s Computer by Rani Ahilya
- Objective Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams by Arihant
- Objective Computer Awareness – R. Pillai – Arihant Publications
- Objective Computer Awareness – S.N. Prasad – Kiran Publications
Economic and Social Issues(NABARD)
- Indian Economy- Ramesh Singh
- Indian Economy- Uma Kapila (Performance and policies)
- Social Problems in India, and Indian social System, Ram Ahuja
- Social and Economic Problems in India, Naseem A Azad
- Indian Polity- Laxmikanth
Practice the sectional topic-wise mock tests and score more marks in upcoming banking exams.
Discussion about this post