Table of Contents
The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) Housing Finance Limited (HFL) examination is a national-level competitive exam conducted every once a year. Qualifying this examination helps aspirants to find opportunities at the administrative level. Associates, Assistant, and Assistant Manager are the various positions that could be secured by candidates once they clear the online examination, personal interview, and medical examination. Financial services for housing, construction, and various other purposes are managed by the HFL department of LIC. The following article gives a glimpse of the best books, resources, and study materials that could be referred by candidates while preparing for the LIC HFL Exam 2022.
10 Best Books for LIC HFL Exam 2022
Availing the best books and study materials while preparing for a competitive exam is important in terms of focusing on the mandatory topics to be covered, gaining an idea on the answering pattern and most importantly to save time by laying emphasis only on the portions necessary. Kick start your preparations for the LIC HFL Exam 2022 with the books best for reference provided here. Do let us know in the comment section of this article about books we have missed to recommend and cracking this exam is a goal we could achieve together. Get the LIC HFL exam preparation books here.
- Yearbooks of two or three publications.
- Lucent G.K by Dr. Binay Karna and Manwendra Mukul
- Sura’s Publications LIC Housing Finance Ltd Assistants Exam Books by V.V.K Subburaj
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi
- Essential English for Competitive Examinations by Dr. Rashmi Singh
- A New Approach to Reasoning – Verbal, Non-Verbal and Analytical by B.S Sijwali and Indu Sijwali
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning by A.K Gupta
- Magical Books on Quicker Maths by M Tyra
- Play with Advanced Maths by Abhinay Sharma
LIC HFL Exam 2022: Subject Based Books
|English Language||i) High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
ii) Word Power Made Easy by Normal Lewis
|General Awareness||India Year Book – Publications Division, GOI|
|Reasoning||i) A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S Agarwal
ii) Analytical Reasoning by M.K Pandey
iii) How to Crack Test of Reasoning: In all Competitive Exams by Arihant Publications
|Quantitative Aptitude/Numerical Ability||i) Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by R.S Agarwal
ii) Guide to Quantitative Aptitude by Dinesh Khattar
iii) Rapid Quantitative Aptitude with Shortcuts & Tricks compiled by Disha Publication
LIC HFL Exam 2022: Topics to Cover
|English Language||Spotting Errors
Fill in the blanks
|General Awareness||Current Affairs
Financial or Banking Knowledge
Order and Ranking
Distance and Direction
|Quantitative Aptitude/Numerical Ability||Simple & Compound Interest
Profit, Loss & Discount
Time, Work & Wages
Speed, Time & Distance
Ratio & Proportion
Problem on Age(s)
Mixture & Allegations
Boats & Streams
Pipes and Cisterns
LIC HFL Exam 2022: Preparation Tips
- Refer periodicals and books on insurance, finance and housing services.
- Check on regular updates in the insurance and housing field. Refer to the business/economy pages of The Hindu and Indian Express newspapers.
- Allot 15 minutes to skim through daily current affairs.
- Lay emphasis on your English language skills. Read an essay each day and write down a summary based on your understanding. Allot 20 minutes to complete this activity.
- Based on the marking system and pattern, divide each section and allot 1 to 2 hours each a day.
- Cover the entire syllabus so as to find ample time for a thorough revision.
- Refer Previous Year Question Papers (Solved Questions).
- Take the LIC HFL Mock Test and Quizzes. (Avail the Free Mock Test Series on entri.app)
- Maintain a professional approach with a confident mind while preparing as well as attempting the exam.
Aiming for the highest score and saving time can be attained once the candidate employs the right study material for preparation. ENTRI APP provides mock tests and quizzes that will help you gain a thorough understanding of the relevant topics and also to gain confidence on scoring high for your examination.