What Is a Coronavirus?
A Coronavirus is a kind of common virus that causes an infection in your nose, sinuses, or upper throat. Most coronaviruses are not dangerous. There has been a Coronavirus outbreak in China, in the month of December 2019 and it is in its early stage. In this blog, we will discuss Coronavirus and its symptoms. Coronavirus is one of the most dangerous virus in India in today’s date…
Subscribe Entri Unlimited Now! 40% off on Subscription | Use Coupon Code: ENT40
How does The Virus Spread?
The virus can spread via coughing or sneezing up to 3 ft. It can also spread if one touches an already infected person or object contaminated with the infectious droplets and then touches his or her mouth, nose or eyes. In India the coronavirus symptoms is spreading at a fast rate. Till date it is counted as one of the most dangerous virus in India.
Where & How?: Countries affected by Coronavirus
The first known and reported case emerged from the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019. The source of the outbreak has not been identified but 2 research papers have pointed to bats and snakes as the possible culprits. It has been spread to the countries given below;
- Hong Kong
In India, 7 people who have returned from China have displayed mild symptoms of this virus, Kerala health ministry reports that they have been kept under observation.
History of Coronavirus
- In 2012 coronavirus first appeared in Saudi Arabia and had spread to other countries. A total of 858 people had died from Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS).
- In 2014,the first American was hospitalized for MERS in Indiana and another case was reported in Florida. Both had just returned from Saudi Arabia.
- In May 2015, there was an outbreak of MERS in Korea, which was the largest outbreak outside of the Arabian Peninsula. In 2003, 774 people died from a severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) outbreak. As of 2015, there were no further reports of cases of SARS.
- Currently, in early 2020 a major outbreak in China is going on, with death troll rising above 100+ in China itself, it has been spreading all around the globe.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
- The symptoms of Coronavirus is similar to an upper respiratory infection, it includes runny nose, coughing, sore throat, and sometimes a fever. In coronavirus symptoms you won’t know whether you have a coronavirus or a different cold-causing virus, such as rhinovirus.
- In coronavirus symptom it is advised to get a lab test, including nose and throat cultures and blood tests done, to check if your cold was caused by a coronavirus. The treatment is similar to normal flu or fever.
- In coronavirus symptom it is major when the coronavirus infection spreads to the lower respiratory tract (your windpipe and your lungs), it can cause pneumonia, especially in older people, people with heart disease, or people with weakened immune systems.
Precautions to be taken for Coronavirus
If you are thinking of a vaccine let me tell you there is no vaccine for coronavirus. To help prevent a coronavirus infection.
Let’s check out the steps which you take for treating a common cold, which can be used for coronavirus as well, in order to stay away from coronavirus symptoms check the following points.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Keep your hands and fingers away from your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are infected.
You treat a coronavirus infection the same way you treat a cold:
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink fluids.
- Take over-the-counter medicine for a sore throat and fever. But don’t give aspirin to children or teens younger than 19; use ibuprofen or acetaminophen instead.
- A humidifier or steamy shower can also help ease a sore and scratchy throat.
Even when a coronavirus causes MERS or SARS in other countries, the kind of coronavirus infection common in the U.S. isn’t a serious threat for an otherwise healthy adult. If you get sick, treat your symptoms and contact a doctor if they get worse or don’t go away. Throughout the world 4,000 cases has been registered. In India til date 7 cases has been found out. It is considered one of the dangerous virus in India.
Subscribe Entri Unlimited Now! 40% off on Subscription | Coupon Code: ENT40
Why Practice from Entri
- Always provides you up to date materials that are created by Entri’s Top Experts.
- Mock tests available in bilingual and other regional languages
- Download Entri to access the unlimited mock test.
Navigating through Entri
- Open your Entri App go to the Banking Tab and check the mock tests.
- You can check courses and Mock test for other examinations as well
- Subscribe to our Mock Test and clear your examination with flying colors.
Ace your preparation. That is where Entri comes in. It helps you to prepare effectively for your Exam.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope you have benefited from our mock tests and study materials. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.