Table of Contents
The Federal Bank is one of the leading Private Sector Banks in India that conducts the Federal Bank Clerk exam every year. Thousands of candidates enroll on the exam after various levels of preparation. The Federal Bank conducts this examination at a pan India level. The number of candidates who attend the exam has been increasing steadily over the years, making the exam more and more competitive. The candidates must be aware of the various components of the examination.
It is a golden opportunity for the candidates who wanted to pursue their career in banking sector. The aspirants who fulfil all the eligibility criteria can enroll to for the federal bank exam for the post of clerk. The Federal Bank official exam notifications will be declared in the official website and the candidates are expected to stay updated accordingly.
Tips and Tricks to Ace Federal Bank Clerk Interview
- Tips and tricks are essential key points for the candidates to be able to ace any bank interview.
- Although, a thorough preparation is a must to adopt these tips effectively.
- It will undoubtedly help the candidate but it also requires an effort from their part.
- Listed below are few tips and tricks that will help the candidate to ace the interview component.
1. Work on Strengths and Weakness
- Candidates must be aware of the fact that the interviewers will ask you your strengths and weaknesses.
- Chances to get shortlisted will reduce if the candidate is unable to answer this question without a hitch.
- Candidate must make a list of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Also one must make sure that the weaknesses aren’t really much of a weakness, or else it might not work in your favor.
- The strengths on the other hand should not be undermined.
- The candidate must tell them about your strengths with an air of confidence.
- It will be really good if you can highlight strengths such as Good Teamwork, Confidence, Hard worker, Motivated, etc
2. Overall Personality Development
- The candidate must make sure that they do not appear like every other person that goes for the interview.
- The interviewers will have seen lots of such people throughout the day and it can very well work against them.
- Thus, the candidate must make a good impression and stand out.
- Be unique and admirable.
- Try to build a personality of our own.
- Be confident and approachable
- Don’t be generic and ordinary.
- When answering questions or making statements, don’t use the answers you found on the internet.
- Also keep in mind to make up your own answers because the interviewers will have met people that use the same answers and say the same statements.
- Candidate must note that the interviewers will not like monotony.
3. Look for Previously Asked Questions
- It is always good if the candidate go to the interview prepared and with answers to all possible questions.
- While this may seem hard, it is not.
- Most interviewers reuse the same questions except they put it in a different order.
- The candidates can ask their peers or look up some online sources for commonly asked interview questions.
- The interviewers will most likely ask you about Current Affairs, their Organization, Reason for Applying, etc.
- To best prepare, read up on all the Economic and Financial news of the past 6 months and learn more about the banking sector.
- Also, read up on their organization like the name of their Chairman or Managing Director. read on for more Bank Interview Tips and Tricks.
4.Good Knowledge on Banking Terms
- During the interview, the interviewers will most definitely test the candidates banking knowledge.
- To gauge the candidates knowledge of banking terms, the interviewer’s will ask you direct questions or indirect.
- Direct questions would be them asking the candidate about the meaning of a certain term is and what its functions.
- Indirect Questions would be subtly added in without you realizing.
- The interviewers will put it in questions when asking about the candidates opinions or when asking the candidate about the current affairs pertaining to that term.
- It is ideal if the candidates are able to memorize and learn these terms.
5. Communication is the Key
- The interview will be formal and the interviewers will be professional.
- It is a must that the candidate is sophisticated and not unruly.
- Maintain an air of confidence, smile regularly and remember not to disrespect the interviewers.
- The interviewers will employ many tactics to test the candidates patience and people skills.
- The candidate must bear with them and answer with patience and respect.
- Dress well for the day and do not arrive late because this displays bad etiquette and the candidates chances of being shortlisted will drop drastically.
- Don’t get flustered, reply properly and speak with utmost clarity.
6. Be Calm and Confident
- Do not get nervous but if you do get nervous, hide it and do not show it.
- The signs of nervousness include fidgeting with your hand, shaking your legs, looking at your watch, looking downwards, cracking your knuckles, etc.
- The candidate must remain fully conscious and do not engage in such habits at all. Prepare your mind and body for this interview, hide these signs and under no circumstances must you display them.
- Be confident and do not get flustered.
- This will make the interviewers comfortable and this will increase the candidates chances of getting the job or being shortlisted.
- A confident person is sure to entice employers.
Federal Bank Clerk Sample Questions:
Question 1. Why You Want To Enter In Banking Industry?
Because this industry is growing steadily and there would be no limit to my career growth. Further I need stability in my career.
Question 2. Are You A Reliable Person With Strong Work Ethics?
Reliability implies the ability to maintain confidentiality and never disclose any banking information to unauthorized persons outside work. Reliability and work ethics also imply the ability to perform customer operations honestly and with care.
Question 3. Are You Able To Work In A Computerized Environment?
Banks are computerized. Employers are required to operate basic computer applications, including the banking program that the bank is using. The job might involve some walking to consult other staff members or manipulate documentation. Otherwise, the job is sedentary and requires care and patience.
Question 4. What is the important role of a bank employee?
Bank employee should be highly aware of their position as the first point of contact for most customers. They are the face of the company, they are presentable and professional in demeanor. They answer all queries clearly and politely.
Question 5. Give Examples Of Banking Duties?
Among the most common transactions are receiving deposits, cashing checks, and handling withdrawals. To perform such operations, clerks need to perform client identification and ensure validity of signature on documents and checks.
I hope this article was helpful. If you are an aspirant and looking for a good start, our Entri app has got it covered for you. We will assist you with content and insights related to the examination. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Focus on the good and work hard. Good luck.