Table of Contents
IBPS Clerks occupy key posts in the public sector banks all over India. The examination will be held soon and the applicants have already started preparing for the same. However, most people are unaware of the details of the job, such as IBPS Clerk Promotion and Transfers related to the post of an IBPS Clerk. In this article, we will discuss the same.
Eligibility for IBPS Clerk Promotion
There are some rules that aspirants need to follow if they want to get promoted from the clerk post to a position of higher level.
- An internal test is held for clerical employees. If he/she manages to clear this examination, he/she may be eligible for the promotion.
- IBPS Clerks have to serve for a minimum of two years as a clerk before they will be allowed to apply for a promotion.
IBPS Clerks can seek two kinds of promotion, based on their, experience, performance in the inter-departmental test, and educational qualification.
- Normal channel- Employees can clear the examination for the promotion and they would be able to climb to the post of Officer, based on their experience and seniority. No other qualifications are required for promotion through the normal channel.
- Those who have a CAIIB or JAIIB degree can seek promotion early on in their careers; this is a fast track channel in which the clerical employees who have served a minimum of years in the post can use. These degrees give a way of bypassing the seniority and experience required for a promotion from the clerical staff to an Officer in the bank.
Benefits of Clerical to Officer Promotion
- Clerical employees who become officers are required to serve just a year in the audition from the date of joining.
- A clerical employee who has both CAIIB and JAIIB degrees are prone to get three increments when they become an officer.
- These aspirants are also eligible to get all the benefits associated with the officer body from the very first day of the promotion. The rest of the benefits will be received as soon as the aspirant completes their probationary period.
- Most employees who get a promotion from their accounting jobs to an officer post are also retained within their home state.
- Officers are eligible for higher housing loans from Indian banks. For instance, Probationary Officers are eligible for up to INR 50 Lakhs as a loan, while clerks can only get INR 30 Lakhs as loan.
Transfer Policy of IBPS Clerk
After the IBPS Clerk 2020 selection exams, the selected aspirants will be posted at the branches of banks that have vacant posts. The posting of the employee can be anywhere within the country and there is no guarantee that aspirants will get a posting near their home. However, the transfer policy is lenient when it comes to women employees.
Married women are generally posted to a branch located as close to the residence of their husband as possible. In the case of an unmarried woman, the posting is generally somewhere close to the residence of the aspirant’s parents. After promotion to the officer post, most aspirants are retained in their home state.
Hope this information helps. If you are planning to attempt IBPS Clerk exam 2020, start your preparation today with a Free IBPS Clerk mock test online by clicking on the links in this article.