Table of Contents
Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC) has released a notification on 13th April 2022 (Category No: 062/2022) regarding recruitment of Assistant Director. The Commission has invited applications to recruit Assistant Director from interested and qualified Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates of Kerala state. The notification is available online on the official portal of the Commission – keralapsc.gov.in. Applications must be submitted online only through the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. The candidate must be aware that the one-time registration is the key step in the enrolling process. The last date for submitting the application is 18th May 2022.
The recruitment is conducted periodically based on the vacancy. This is a golden opportunity for aspirants to secure a government job. The exam date has not yet been announced. All the notifications and information will be released by the Commission through the official website.
Kerala PSC Assistant Director Recruitment Overview
|Name of recruiting organization||Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC)|
|Name of department||Kerala Police Service (Forensic Science
|Name of post||Assistant Director (Biology)|
|Number of vacancies||1|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of recruitment||Direct Recruitment (Special Recruitment from Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe )|
Kerala PSC Assistant Director Important Dates
|Commencement of online application||13th April 2022|
|Last date for online application||Wednesday, 18th May 2022 (until 12 midnight)|
|Exam date||Yet to be announced|
|Result declaration||Yet to be announced|
Kerala PSC Assistant Director Vacancies 2022
There is currently only one vacancy for the post of Assistant Director (Biology). This is exclusively for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe. The Ranked list of selected candidates published by the Commission in response to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year and a maximum period of three years provided that the said list will not continue to be in force if a new list is published after the expiry of the minimum period of one year. As long as the Rank list is valid, recruitment for the vacancies reported for Special Recruitment from Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe will be made from this list. Candidates against vacancies exclusively reported for Scheduled Tribes will also be advised from this list.
As this vacancy is exclusively for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe, applications received from candidates other than these categories will be rejected. Individual communications regarding the rejection of their applications for the above reason will not be issued.
Kerala PSC Assistant Director Salary
The renumeration package for the post of Assistant Director is quite attractive. The salary for the post of Assistant Director is in the scale of Rs. 59300 to Rs. 120900. Apart from the basic salary, employees of the state government are eligible for allowances as decided by the Commission.
Kerala PSC Assistant Director Eligibility Criteria
The Public Service Commission has a set of criteria to shortlist eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Director. All applicants need to ensure that they possess all the requirements laid by the Commission. Applications of the candidates who do not meet the criteria will be rejected. Read on to know about the eligibility criteria for the post of Assistant Director.
Applicants should be in the age limit of 30 to 47 years. Only candidates born between 2nd January 1975
and 1st January 1992 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for this post. No other age relaxation will be allowed. In the absence of qualified candidates within the age limit, the upper age limit shall be relaxed up to 50 years. But in no case shall the maximum age limit shall exceed fifty years.
Essential Qualification: Applicants should have Post Graduate degree in Botany/ Zoology with not less than 50% marks from a recognized University and five years Research Analytical experience in the field of
Botany/ Zoology from a recognized Institution.
Desirable Qualification: Applicants having M. Phil Degree in Botany/ Zoology from a recognized University with previous experience in Forensic Science laboratory will be given preference.
The candidate should claim their qualification and experience specifically in the application. Those who claim higher or equivalent qualification instead of the qualification specified in the notification should produce relevant Government Order at the time of verification. The experience qualification prescribed for appointment should be acquired after obtaining the basic essential Post Graduate qualification. The experience acquired before that will not be considered. Candidates who claim experience should obtain Experience Certificate in the format mentioned in the official notification. All Experience Certificates should be duly certified by the concerned Controlling Officer/ Head of Office of the Government.
Applicants should possess the visual standards (with/ without glass) mentioned below. The test must be performed by a Medical Officer of or above the rank of an Assistant Surgeon.
|Right Eye||Left Eye|
|Distant Vision||6/6 Snellen||6/6 Snellen|
|Near Vision||0.5 Snellen||0.5 Snellen|
Candidates with color blindness, squint or any morbid condition of the eyes or lids of either eye will be disqualified. Candidates should produce an original medical certificate at the time of document verification.
Important Points Regarding Kerala PSC Assistant Director Recruitment
- The person appointed to the post of Assistant Director by direct recruitment shall undergo 6 months training in all branches of Forensic in the Forensic Science Laboratory.
- He/ she will also undergo a training in the discipline(s) of Forensic Science which will be dealt with in the division(s) of Forensic Science laboratory to which he/ she will be appointed in a Forensic Science
laboratory or in the National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science (NICFS), Government of India, New Delhi or similar institution to be decided by the Government on the advice of the Director General of Police for a minimum period of six months or for the period which is required to complete the course of training in the institution to which he/ she is deputed.
- The trainee will be eligible to draw an amount equal to the minimum of the scale of pay of the post and the usual allowances. He will also be eligible for travelling allowances for the journey to the training institute at the rates admissible to the officers drawing pay at the minimum of the scale of pay of the post under Kerala Service Rules.
- He/ she will also be eligible for other allowances like Compensatory Allowances, Warm Clothing
Allowances etc. which Government may by General or Special Orders, sanction to officers deputed for travelling.
- The period of training and transit will be in service and treated as duty.
- Every person appointed to this post shall within the period of probation pass the Account Test for Executive Officers or Account Test (Lower) if he has not already passed the test.
- Every person appointed to the post shall on completion of the training, be on probation for a total period of two years on duty within a continuous period of three years.
- Every person appointed to the post shall execute a Bond in such form as may be prescribed by the Government to serve the State Government for a minimum period of 5 years , after completion of training. Failing to do so, the candidate will be liable to pay a sum of Rs.25,000 as liquidated damages to the Government in addition to the actual cost of training assessed by the Accountant General (A&E), Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.
Kerala PSC Assistant Director Application Process
- Candidates should go through the official notification to ensure that they satisfy all the criteria laid by the Commission.
- Applications must be submitted online through the official website of the Commission – keralapsc.gov.in
- Applicants must first register through One Time Registration.
- Once registration is done, candidates can proceed to apply online. Those who have already registered can skip the registration process.
- Candidates who have Aadhaar card should add Aadhaar card as I.D proof in their profile.
- Login using your user ID and password.
- Click on the ‘Apply now’ button of the notification regarding Assistant Director recruitment.
- Fill all the details carefully and upload the photo and other required documents. The name of the candidate and the date of the photograph taken should be printed legibly at the bottom portion. The photograph uploaded should be taken after 31st December 2012. In the case of candidates who are creating a new profile the uploaded photograph must be taken within 6 months. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading.
- Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile candidates must ensure correctness of the information in their profile. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. However, the applications can be rejected if any noncompliance with the notification is found during the processing stage.
- If a Written/ OMR/ Online Test is conducted as part of this selection, candidates should submit a confirmation for writing the examination through their One Time Registration profile. Such candidates alone can generate and download the Admission Tickets. The applications of candidates who do not submit confirmation within the stipulated period, will be rejected
- Candidates can take the printout of the application by clicking on the link ‘My applications’ in their profile.
There is no application fee for this post.
- Certificates to prove Educational qualification
- Certificates as proof of age
- Caste Certificate
- Certificate to prove work experience
- Medical certificate to prove eyesight
- Personal ID card – Aadhar card, PAN card, Driving license( any one)
Candidates shall appear in person for verification of the original documents on the date, time, and venue allotted by the Commission, at their own expense.
General information when uploading Photograph
- The photo to be uploaded can be in Color/ black and white.
- The face and shoulder of the candidate should be clearly visible
- Photo should be of 200 pixels height and 150 pixels width
- The file size should not exceed 30kb and it should be in JPG format
- The background of the photo should be either light-colored or white in color
- The eyes should be open
- Face should be centrally focused
- Photograph wearing cap goggles, (except cap, veil worn in adherence to religious custom), photographs showing a portion of the face, photo with unclear face shall not be accepted.
Kerala PSC Assistant Director Selection Process
If required, the Commission will conduct an OMR/ written exam to shortlist eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Director. Those who qualify in the written exam will be called for an interview and subsequently for document verification. Disciplinary action will be taken against those candidates who submit application for the post with false claims of possession of prescribed qualification, experience etc. and attend or abstain from attending the examination after providing confirmation.
The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, Entri App has got it covered for you. Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions.